• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Reminds me a lot of the Fyre Festival. Just someone who thinks they can do it all and truly has no idea what they are getting in to.

That's a little strong. Steve Dodge isn't committing mass fraud.

He does make big promises that he cannot fully deliver on. He does overestimate what he is capable of.

Apparently YouTube was having concurrent issues during the FPO coverage.

If the MPO coverage is good then everyone will forget this.

That's a little strong. Steve Dodge isn't committing mass fraud.

He does make big promises that he cannot fully deliver on. He does overestimate what he is capable of.

Absolutely. I said "reminds me of" not "this is just like".

I truly believe Steve's issues come from overestimating what he can do and are not malicious in intent.

Something I don't understand: why not be shooting live coverage of at least everyone's hole 1 tee shots all day? We have lots of great players playing all day and you have to wait for the last card(s) to go live? Gives everyone a chance to catch a peak of everyone in the tourney that day.

Something I don't understand: why not be shooting live coverage of at least everyone's hole 1 tee shots all day? We have lots of great players playing all day and you have to wait for the last card(s) to go live? Gives everyone a chance to catch a peak of everyone in the tourney that day.

It'd be cool, but that's a lot of work for camera operators and everyone else involved in production. Having a few hours in between gives them all a much needed break.

It also gives the DGPT some time to figure hopefully figure out their technical difficulties.

It'd be cool, but that's a lot of work for camera operators and everyone else involved in production. Having a few hours in between gives them all a much needed break.

It also gives the DGPT some time to figure hopefully figure out their technical difficulties.
It would be more work, but it doesn't need to be the same guy all day just to get one camera on hole 1 filming tee shots. It just seems weird that they want to have some focus on live coverage but they are only showing the card most people will watch later on edited coverage.

That would require a hard wired camera, which isn't possible at most if not all course locations. Otherwise you're burning batteries and cell signal ($) for not a lot of gain.

I'm willing to give it a chance, but it's very disappointing. A huge scale of a project and a mountain of tech to climb. It did get better, as the stream went along.

Is there going to be post production and is it going to be out tomorrow? So much filler in the live coverage which is expected, but I don't want to watch 4 hours of disc golf.

Is there going to be post production and is it going to be out tomorrow? So much filler in the live coverage which is expected, but I don't want to watch 4 hours of disc golf.

Yes. Supposedly will be out before tomorrow's round starts. The feature/lead card is just an edited version of the live stream with a different commentator though...

Yes. Supposedly will be out before tomorrow's round starts. The feature/lead card is just an edited version of the live stream with a different commentator though...

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping there were going to be some better cameras for the post production, but at least there is something.

The only fix for live coverage is to film multiple groups at the same time. It's just too slow.

As much crap as it got, USDGC's model with a constant camera on hole 17, the broadcasters on site (so interviews, etc), the pre-shot video packages and then live coverage of the lead group was the best we've seen.

Latest posts