• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

Got two First Run D4's on the way to me this week. I'm excited to try them out. I typically use a Hysteria/Wraith/Rampage combo for my drives so I think the D4 will find a spot in my bag

I throw at a baseball field at my local park often working on my drives. From home plate the outfield fence is 320 feet. I can hit the bottom of that fence on a consistant basis with my Avenger.

Imagine my surprise when I put the 169 D4 not only over the fence but 50 feet past it. I've only done that twice with it but wow. My longest throws ever. I love, love the plastic.

I tried my buddy's D1 but it was 177 and I didn't throw it nearly as well. About 275 with a decent amount of fade and the D1 was a LOT firmer in the faceplate where the D4 feels pretty soft and downright thin.

For me the D4 turns out to the right pretty decent ways before going straight and then coming back to center. This is only my first driver that I can Anyzer it with little to no fade but I've got to put it on the right angle.

If I didn't play so many tight fairway wooded courses this would be my money disk. I still use it in the woods, I just need a bit of room to work. Really looking forward to the D3. If it a touch or two more stable than the D4 I'm be in heaven.

Love the D1, D4 seems flippy as hell. My normal drivers are Nuke SS, Avenger SS.....

Hard for me to imagine the D4 is flippy for you when you throw an Avenger SS. My SS is the ultimate turnover disk. It's to the point now when I almost can't use it for anything except rollers.

Hard for me to imagine the D4 is flippy for you when you throw an Avenger SS. My SS is the ultimate turnover disk. It's to the point now when I almost can't use it for anything except rollers.

that's AcidRain, he just trolls and tries to get himself banned... again.

that's AcidRain, he just trolls and tries to get himself banned... again.

Whatever Kaiser. Dont have something decent to say then why reply. How am I trolling when I'm giving a god dam impression about a disc idiot.

So far I like it...but I might want mine to get a little more beat in. My son and I both picked up first run D4's last weekend. 174 & 171. I normally throw a Blizzard Ka-Tanya or Opto Air Halo
(yeah I know...noodle arm!) and I think the D4 will fly very close to those once it breaks in a little. Nice glide.

I was given a D4 last week and have thrown it once and was impressed. It flipped up nicely and seemed like the release was very smooth. I plan to get out this weekend and throw it again. We will see if it replaces anything in my bag.

I borrowed a fairly fresh D4 to throw for the first time earlier this week and really liked it. I was throwing it along with a GL Bolt, Icon Cannon, beat in Z Nuke (all around 172g) and a Bliz Boss (152g) to do some comparisons of flight, ease of throw, etc.

My max D on an open hole is about 425-450 with no tailwind help (RHBH). I got in 5 holes all in the 400ft range that were wide open (just like every course in the Phoenix, AZ area) with very little wind. I threw all 5 discs on every hole.

The biggest thing I noticed about the D4 was its lack of nose angle sensitivity. I was able to throw it very far even on a non-perfect throw. It wasn't necessarily going further than my other discs from a max standpoint but I was much more consistent in going over 400ft with it than the other 4 discs. Less chance of a stall or early fade on the D4 than the others especially when I threw a big turnover shot.

Interesting disc for sure and I echo the thoughts that the D3 may be slightly better. I'm worried the D4 will beat in too quickly and turnover and never come back (i.e. like a seasoned Vulcan).

My proto d4, 172.3 scaled, is a bomber. It thrives in tail wind, and calm scenarios. These do not like cross or head wind, the will turn and not come back.
In moderate HW the D1 i have, orange, 170, is decent, touch of hyzer, maybe a little turn, decent fade.

I really dig my D4. For me it's like a Valkryie that uses 1/2 lateral space when flexing. Mine's never turned and burned on me (unlike a Orc/Wraith).

D1 is good for headwinds (like a XCal that skips) but I don't need that flight path very often.

Got my two First Run D4s in today. I absolutely love the disc. The rim and edge fit perfectly in my hand and the plastic is nice and grippy. Used it at Tyler where majority of the holes are wooded and it hit a fair share of trees and still excelled. Easily added more distance to my drives today and I can't wait to stock up on these!

Went back out and threw the D4 again. It definitely went further than anything else in my bag by about 30ft. I think I will keep in the bag for a while and test it some more.

Whatever Kaiser. Dont have something decent to say then why reply. How am I trolling when I'm giving a god dam impression about a disc idiot.

Because you've been around for less than 3 months, and clearly are a troll?

Go make a thread about the Prodigy logo again, then complain about the mods when everyone calls you an idiot. Seriously, you're going to say the D4 is flippier than a NukeSS or AvengerSS and expect anyone to believe you aren't trolling? Step away from the computer.

Ok so where does one get the green Prodigy D1's that Ricky, Willy and Koling have been throwing? They fly like awesome stable Destroyers and nothing like the stock runs ive been trying. To clarify these are Im guessing Protos and look nothing like the ones you can buy that are out right now, they are opaque.

just saw this up for sale...Its listed as a factory second (only a few bucks cheaper)

apparantly prodigy doesnt have x-outs. They have Y-outs. I think I see ink.

Latest posts