• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

So while everyone is hoarding as many of these as possible, do you guys think these won't go up in value as much as you hoped?

I wasn't around during the CE era, but I think what made CE so valuable is the smaller number of people that hoarded it(and the awesome plastic blend). Maybe people instantly knew CE discs would skyrocket in value, but it probably wasn't like it is now with all the Innova fanboys hoarding new production runs in hopes of unloading later for nice profits. Again, I wasn't playing DG when CE was in production so IDK if people were as hyped about those as people are today about new stuff. But you know the sentiment about "collectible" stuff, it usually doesn't raise in value like something that becomes collectible organically

That being said... Im going to buy at least 10 of these and will be throwing the majority of them.

i don't see them being worth more than $40. that's pretty typical non-standard roc pricing. it depends on if they are awesome throwers.

I am confused, is it going to be 50 protostars to each retailer? or 50 protostars per week for a couple weeks? I would like to get a protostar but would like the weight and color I want

Well, the way its worded by innova is, the protostars specifically will be released this way. As for how many and over what time period, innova hasnt said anything in regard to that, that ive seen.

I was playing when CE was around, and what turned off a lot of people during that era was it was quite a bit pricier than DX stuff. There wasn't six bajillion plastic blends around at the time, so the feeling in my area was that it was kind of a fad, or, at the very least, to see if it would last before people bought in.

The thing now is, lots of players (including me) tend to jump all over what the new hottness is. Sometimes it works out for the best, but if you're trying to hoard them for value, I don't think it's going to work out for you.

It's like back in the mid-90s with comic books. All these charecters were getting killed off, injured, maimed whatever and every issue had sixteen variant covers. Tons of people were buying all these books to sell them later, and it now turns out they aren't worth the paper they were printed on. They didn't care about the stories contained therein, and so the companies didn't worry about making good stories.

It's starting to happen in Disc Golf, specifically with Innova (though I am an Innova supporter) flooding the market with tons of new molds. Big discussions are avalability and plastic blends and value, but no one is asking how they fly. I actually like the Dominator, but most people don't. Same with the Krait. Same will probably be true for the Tern.

I might go through my baseball cards from the 80's and see what they worth now. If I can sell them and "reinvest" in some of these rocs I will. :D

Justin has them for pre-sale at Community DG for $19 with $1 shipping. Can't beat that and his customer service is solid. Got myself 2.

I know I'm not talking about the RC3 production proto, but...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

That being said, I really like it...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.

I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.

I some-what agree. They kinda feel like bricks but fly basically the same distance as my KC Rocs. I think they feel like bricks because the rim on the AO Roc is more beefy than the KC Pros

I haven't really gotten the opportunity to really throw my JO Rocs alot but the times I did throw them they were suprisingly good. I could shape lines with it through the woods and they had decent glide out in the field holes. I can't wait till winter is over and see how they really fly in the warmer months. The one I put in my bag definitely had a foward penetrating fade on it when thrown flat and hard. As of right now they are not flying anywhere close to my DX or KC Pro Rocs as far as distance. But that being said I've had more time to familiarize myself with the DX and KC Pro Rocs. We will see how they fly in the warmer months and I will give a better review.

Yup you are 100% correct. I'm in the same boat, my rating is higher than most on here and I throw rocs and this roc would be my overstable roc.

So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+

So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+

I would think if you are rated 953 you should be able to throw a roc, buzz or most any midrange anywhere from 320' to 350'. Once you get above that you're talking Pro material. IMHO which means just about squat.

Everyone has to remember that you are throwing a brand new Roc. Anyone who throws Rocs knows that it takes a while for a Roc to get into that glidey phase. For example, you can get yourself a nice mint DX roc and be able to push it out to 330' on the first few throws. Break that sucker in a bit and you can now push that mother out to 345-350'. These Rocs are brand new and in Champion plastic AND it's cold outside. I don't think it's a fair review until we see how they fly in warm weather and they break in a bit.

My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.

My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.

Agreed. Smrd rocs are the way to go for sure.

Latest posts