• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed rule changes for 2024

What better way to get started than have your events be illegal in lots of places?
I would agree. Starting a new organization does not solve the legalize behind the transgender debate. Starting an organization based solely on the premise of "fairness" for woman imo would not be a smart business model imo, given the current climate.

I would agree. Starting a new organization does not solve the legalize behind the transgender debate. Starting an organization based solely on the premise of "fairness" for woman imo would not be a smart business model imo, given the current climate.
That's not what I said.

supposed to be "bolf adjacent". And yes, this is somewhat analogous to the LIV tour. They poured a bottomless pit of money in to golf to disrupt the PGA. Unless someone is willing to do the same for DG, then a separate tour for FPO that is based on excluding one player is beyond ridiculous.

No, it's actually not. You heard what you wanted to hear.

It's not my organization to speak for. You'll hear soon enough.

Denny…I have a suggestion for this new organization. I recently discovered that Zelle doesn't issue 1099's like DG Scene/PayPal do to TDs. I'm one of the TDs who doesn't run events for profit, and so I sure don't need to explain to the IRS why I collected 5k-20k in entry fees each year when it's not taxable.

So if they can find a way to use Zelle for signups instead of PayPal that might increase participation. Last year I had to do things the old way, cash and checks, and still sold out of course but it was more work.

Last edited:
Openly admitting to hiding funds on a public fourm.

Brilliant.
There's thousands of pages of diy bank fraud on reddit nobody cares. There is no justice and simultaneously Mike shouldn't have to owe or file a single thing about disc golf prize money with the irs.

We lost billions to fake ppp loans and they know the names and addresses of the people who filed them but that's a conversation that's way too controversial for a disc golf forum.

Only thing Mike is guilty of is being a certified goofball.

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know how often the PDGA prints an updated rulebook?
It looks like the current rulebook is version 2022.

Only with major updates. At some point it will probably go to print on demand rather than the current system where they print a stack all at once.

Slightly related: I ran an event yesterday with an oddball format that required paper scorecards be used. F*ck that sh*t. I am definitely out of practice on counting in scorecards. Hopefully the PDGA will see the light and not make everyone keep score.
If only we were blessed with more fingers and toes to keep score. 😢

What I am planning on doing for my events:
  • On the paper scorecards (if someone won't/can't use the PDGA digital scorecard), add a scorekeeper checkbox column or a specific spot for them to note the scorekeeper.
  • Emphasize at the player meeting that the groups need to come as a group at the end of their round and make sure their cards are submitted correctly.
  • Ask players if they have cross checked their cards.
  • Assuming I have at least one digital card (which has already been the case for the last couple of years), I'll just check that any paper scorecards totals match the digital and nothing obvious is missing like totals or hole scores.

God I hope the people listening to the feedback at the PDGA aren't as misinformed about tournament registration as you.

This excuse of "non-members" taking spots away from members is so exaggerated it's pathetic. It happens at less than 1% of all C-tiers, and I'm probably being generous saying less than 1%, it's more like 0.5% at most.

So by catering to the 1% of whiny disc golfers who are too slow to sign up, the PDGA is going to make it that much harder for the TDs in places that don't sell out events. How many TDs will just go unsanctioned to allow anyone to play? A hell of a lot more than the ones who want members-only. I guarantee it.
There is a lot of truth in this post. You just have to wade around the chaff.