• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Publicly thank a DGCR reviewer/contributor!

apparition

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Let's up the positivity factor on this site!

Yep, it's pretty easy to press the YES the review was helpful button, but I like the idea of having a place to specifically thank a reviewer/contributor for advice, opinions, course maps, or whatever random bits of media.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, I've been sifting through my 35+ wishlisted Michigan courses and want to thank apdrvya and mashnut for their detailed and trustworthy reviews. It seems I just keep reading your reviews and they're always helpful.

Thanks to all the people that spend so much time adding/updating course info. Thats why this is the most accurate disc golf course database ever. (Too many people to name)

Great thread idea. Both of those guys are great. I have to appreciate the time and energy that goes into achieving any of the medals here.

Props to New013, BrotherDave, and Upshawt1979. Haven't read a bad review by them yet. Thanks for taking your time to write a quality review, fellas.

When I'm traveling I always use our reviews to plan on which courses I am going to play on the trip. Thanks y'all!:thmbup:

Except that dude that makes three sentance reviews. C'mon man, you can do better!

Mad shout outs going to Mashnut and Martin Dewgarita. Those two gentleman have helped me plan many of road trips. Honorable mention would have to go to Valkyrie Kid, i totally get his feel for the courses he reviews(very consistent). SO with that i say "Thank You, Gentlemen!!!"

jukeshoe hooked me up over the holidays. i still owe him a thank you letter but this is a start.

someday i may review something here. idk.

For those of us that travel around any area to play, finding a couple reviewers that seem to "speak the same language" is vital. Those reviewers who speak to the areas that I find important, making for less surprises and a more memorable experience. As I look for courses that suit me in an area of travel, I would struggle to determine where to play, without some of these reviewers. In this area, I have to extend my thanks to apdrvya, apparition and bogeynomore. They write comprehensive, fair and consistent reviews to guide my travels. Thanks guys.

Thanks to Olorin, HeelboyCraig, Dave242, JoshuaJames and ForehandFranz et al for all their helpful reviews that have served me well over the years. Thanks to Bravethrower, MTL, SloppyDisc, Stan McDaniel, 1978, and all other NC peeps that do a lot for NC DG.

Shout out to The Hammer - no one outs people with multiple accounts like you do, my man :hfive:

I'd like to thank myself for my reviews, as they were well thought out and provide all the information a person could want before heading to a new disc golf course!

Keep up the good work, me! :clap::clap:

Kudos to Mashie - ever the voice of reason and rationality on the forums (not to mention one helluva reviewer).

Jukeshoe: reviews that combine great content with entertaining wordsmanship.

Brother Dave: insight on the lighter side.

Stan McDaniel, John Houck, David Sauls for their contributions on course design.

Special shout out to Chuck Kennedy on that front, as well as the other rules and PDGA related posts he makes. Chuck, my personal thanks for your continuous input on the forums. It's truly wonderful have such great access to someone with your knowledge and stature in the sport.

I'll add more later, but the most obvious choice for me is Swatso, who has really helped me out. I appreciate the reviews, and sometimes, the ride.

And while typing I thought of jblough. Excellent pics course advice.

Thanks to all that review and update courses. Jim

Thanks to all of you regulars for entertaining me during my lunch hour at work for the last few years. I can't log in or they'll block the site.
You folks rock.

I'd like to thank ACE Ventura for stealing my idea. I play and review courses in the Pacific NW, so I think that earning even a Bronze level here is an accomplishment. If I wrote the same caliber of reviews (which I would) on courses in NC, Michigan, or Dallas, I'd be Diamond in no time. That said, I have to thank the reviewers from my area that I trust so much (and who have achieved much higher status than bronze).

Shout out to sillybizz, JR Stengele, and The Valkyrie Kid for their well written and well thought out reviews.

Gotta thank WSP420. Travis has single-handedly photographed a whole host of Mississippi courses that were poorly represented for a long time. As a day tripper coming from NOLA, his photos have helped me make decisions on courses to travel to. Plus, he was a gracious host and all-around chill guy during my trip up to Jackson last month. Right on, brother. Your work is much appreciated.

Latest posts