• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Drives - Form Tips -

I wonder if this reduces flutter? Would a harder plastic that couldn't distort like that end up with more flutter as a result?

I'm guessing if it distorts perfectly it could add leverage and could reduce flutter right off the hand since it would be more hammer like, until it begins to rebound(basically right off the hand) which would cause it to wobble as the shape and weight is redistributed while spinning/flying through the air.

It's been a while since I've seen a video of yours Kachtz, but the more I watch that last video I'm thinking Swede throwing style. And, Sidewinder, I don't believe there is OAT in that throw, mainly because of the Style of throw. I also pivot on the ball of my foot, always seemed easier, but I don't and won't recommend it. It could lead to injury easier, if you're not doing it correctly.

Ps, Still a big fan, Kachtz.

Nice vid Katchz! You make excellent points as I've said before. Hot dog, that is a high reachback!
The slow-mo shows how he's dealing with that really well and does a good job of illustrating why I think it's a bad idea. ;) He's obviously able to make it work, but that's because he's able to time another movement correctly. Rather than pulling on one plane he's "scooping" his forearm. Usually this leads to less power and nose up, but he times it right so that he's in the right positions at the right time. In the slow-mo you can freeze it where the disc is at his left shoulder and the see that in the next frame it's down by his stomach. If you just start your pull lower you don't have to time the scoop just right. Again, it doesn't matter for him because he's already timing it right, but for someone trying to learn the timing it just makes it more difficult.

Question since you pivot on the ball of your foot, unlike most the other top throwers...what do you relate the footwork to? Golf, baseball, football?
I might be off, but I don't think he pivoted at all on that throw. I wouldn't recommend doing it that way to anyone but he's obviously athletic enough (i.e. both strong and flexible enough) to get away with it.

I've said this before, but his throw is a great one to examine because it's relatively easy to pick out what he's doing that's similar to other big arms and what he's doing that's different. If you wan to learn to throw that far focus on the similarities, not the differences.

I've said this before, but his throw is a great one to examine because it's relatively easy to pick out what he's doing that's similar to other big arms and what he's doing that's different. If you wan to learn to throw that far focus on the similarities, not the differences.

+1 People can't figure this part out, no matter how many times you say it.

Sometimes it is the differences that provide the most enlightenment.

Perhaps you are correct, ignorance is bliss. Only pay attention to the last 12" of Katchz's throw. His footwork and weight transfer has absolutely nothing to do with throwing far, and can't provide any insight to anyone.

You definitely do like to avoid the reality of things and put your own spin on it. So, if you can't see what the point was there, not my fault.

rjo0619l.jpg

Latest posts