• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter plastic

What plastic do you usually purchase

• I buy Premium plastic

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • I buy Regular plastic

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters
I use JK Aviars. They are over $10 unless you buy online, but I don't consider them premium plastic. Maybe I should though because all my other throwers are DX.

Biscoe said in another thread that basic plastic are best for putters, but I carry both. I carry a basic Jokeri (which by your price range makes it premium plastic when it is not) and for driving I carry a premium Jokeri.

Better definition is probably required

Basic Plastic:
DX, ProD, Basic, Gateway S line, Zero line

Premium
Z, ESP, Champ, Star, Premium

inbetween
Pro, R-Pro, Gripline

Well, I use a ProD Soft Magnet, DX Aviar, DX Aero, and Champion Aviar. I just upgraded to the champ from the DX (small bead), but I can't leave my baselines behind! I vote both, but I guess I'll go with premium, since they last longer and in the long run require me to spend less money...

Well I use organic wizards for everything, ranging from different levels of stiffness. I pay over $11 for some of them, but not by much. Though they are not considered premium plastic by any means. I like a putter that beats in nicely, and these do that perfectly.

I'm not a fan of Champ or Star style plastic for putters. I throw Wizards. Mostly on the firmer side of things. I don't care for the super floppy stuff either. For actual putting, I've grown to be fond of stiffer plastic.

I have been throwing my JK Aviar for 3 years, but I am starting to throw Yetis too (both of which are still what I would consider baseline plastic).

I buy regular plastic. The only reason I see to buy top line plastic for a putter is if it's your driving putter.

My go-to putter is a Pro-Line Rhyno.

They stopped making those so I've been buying Pro Rhynos. I've bought 4 of them for $10 each so I wouldn't know if they would be considered regular plastic or not.

I don't know how I should vote.

However, I refuse to buy any that are sold on here due to the fact that they have to feel just right for me. I've bought some from another source and had to just give them away or trade them because they were too hard/stiff for me.

I like my putters a little tacky to the feel.

dx is the shiz for putters, although i putt mainly with my r pro cro. the dx cro is naturally more rigid than a majority of dx putters, i feel like the r pro plastic is that perfect balance in the cro. but for aviars i like dx or the hybrids- dx r pro mix.

so i wont vote on this one.

All my putters are rubber, which way do I vote ?

images

I'm so confused.

I've been researching this and I can't find a conclusive answer, but I think rubber is a type of plastic. They're both polymers anyway. :|

Latest posts