• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PVC disc storage

Flexpvc.com has all the fittings you need. Not sure if its the right price. But I know they have them.

Not sure why original poster needs any fittings at all.

How about 2x4s as the sides of your shelf with holes drilled in them the same size as your tube diameter? Would be as strong. Find a buddy with a drill press.

Not sure why original poster needs any fittings at all.

How about 2x4s as the sides of your shelf with holes drilled in them the same size as your tube diameter? Would be as strong. Find a buddy with a drill press.

because I prefer pvc, thats why....

bought that last one from discoutfitters on ebay. I will have my third rack soon!

I built the first part of my PVC rack on 10/31/12 and here is what happened in 6 months. "If you build it you can fill it". I am going with the (LIFE PLAN) Buy now save later. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:
10-31-12_zps197b1775.png

IMAG3344_zps28266872.jpg

Yeah, I've already completely filled mine. Time to either sell discs :sick:, add on or make it bigger.:thmbup:

Looks like it turned out pretty well for you. Since the fittings are the expensive part, I wonder if this design could be built for less with wooden pieces. Also I've seen a couple of people with pull cart carriers built out of concrete form tubes. I wonder if you could improve the disc-preserving qualities of the design by incorporating something like them as half-round shelves. I'm guessing the 8" tubes, which you can find at your local Home Depot, would be the best size for your discs.

Finally got off my lazy arse and finished my rack with the concrete tubes. I am far from a good woodworker, but I am absolutely ecstatic with how well this turned out. I am curious to see if the tubes sink any over time, but they seem pretty strong atm.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 80
And pictures with it loaded up.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 142
Nice ! ( u been niced ! )

Yeah ,not PVC , but I like the looks of that !

Suppose u could cut an 8" plastic pipe and use it the same way ....

Maybe even router the end uprights so the pipe slides right right into it ...

That's a great set up u have going there ! :clap:

Changed to thin bookshelves for my DVD/Blu Ray/CD/Game collection and amongst the many shelves not needed anymore was one I bought for like $5.

I moved the bottom shelf down to the very bottom, spaced them out with enough room for easy access and could still fit all 5 shelves in it...

140-150 discs stores for $5...

547264_10151660694597843_115984952_n.jpg

^^^Theoretically. Like glass, over time gravity/temperature will cause a sagging effect. With glass it takes several decades, and heat contributes largely.
This is a myth http://www.cmog.org/article/does-glass-flow

I am a glass art student so I sometimes come across these things :D the temperature would have to get very high for a set window to change shape. I mean somewhere over 900 degrees because this is the temperature at which we put our glass away.

Glass is pretty much forever, it is an incredible substance unlike anything else. Also I have been wondering about how to properly store discs. They are upright in the store so I am guessing this is the best way. Gravity is still a great force, though.