• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] (Q) JLS

GripEnemy: that looks just like mine, but new. The remnants of the stamp look the same as well. Very nice!

I'm looking forward to giving this thing a solid tryout this week. My wife is visiting my sister out of town for the weekend so I have a free schedule! Gonna try to play one new course, at least and play Friday through Sunday every day.

Can't wait to give it a good workout. It's different enough from a beat it DX Teebird that I think they both potentially have a spot. QJLS on a hyzer flip laser to very late fade is a beautiful thing. DX Teebird is just a little past that at flip to mild turn.

Very excited for the QJLS'

I need a backup for my worn QJLS. The only ones I can find are the new stardust variety. How do these stack up to the old runs of QJLS? Does anyone know if Millennium has plans on a new run in standard Q plastic? I sent them an email but didn't get a response.

Let's see your old QJ. The "old runs" aren't all the same. Would have to know what you're trying to replace before I could make a recommendation.

See attached. It looks similar to the purple one you posted earlier in the thread. The dome is very mild, especially compared to the new M's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 67
Yeah. That is a 1.2 Run. They are pretty special (my favorite run). LOTS of the newer ones will have that flight (well, probably a little more US) but none feel quite as good.

You can find 1.2s if you go hunting. Or you can settle for a perfectly reasonable replacement in a current run stock disc. The glows that are around have a similar flight. The stock recent stock runs are flippier.

Mocheez, make some room in your inbox.

The Millennium QJLS is probably the most reliable disc I've ever thrown, it just goes where it's suppose to.

When you say current run stock disc, are you referring to the stardust quantums? I generally don't like the feel of that plastic but maybe I will order one and see how they fly. My inbox should be open now.

So how about a JLS recommendation from the experts?

For reference I throw Banshees in the OS slot (the old good ones, PFN with Pat). Haven't bought plastic in forever and the only fairway I haven't tried is the JLS. Will probably pick up a couple to test out so just want some advise on newer runs (available new at stores).

I like Millennium base plastic a lot so I will for sure try one of those out. Probably pick up a premium as well. I never see anyone mention Sirius JLS, do they suck or something? I normally prefer star to champ unless no other choice or the champ version is just better.

I max out fairways at 330' (usually throw a variety of eagles), so what premium plastic/run would go well with a base JLS and a fairly beefy Banshee?

The "only" fairway you haven't tried is a JLS? Well, it wont do much that at least one of those others did.

That being said, Sirius and Quantum are both mostly good across runs IF you look for flatter ones. I haven't liked the sparkle QJs, but the rest are mostly good. Find a stiffer flatter QJ and that will slot in between nicely.

I normally prefer star to champ unless no other choice or the champ version is just better...

I max out fairways at 330' (usually throw a variety of eagles), so what premium plastic/run would go well with a base JLS and a fairly beefy Banshee?

I've always had 2-3 eagles in my tourney bag since I started playing so I'll say 330' is hucking them out there:hfive: I'd expect another 10% more distance out of the jls. If you like eagles I'll bet you're gonna love the jls. They complement each other filling the stable to understable needs very well with the jls having more fade than say its cousin the leopard.

Normally, I'd recommend getting a new mold in the plastic type you're most comfortable with. Since Innova manufacturers for Millennium, Star is the same as Sirius plastic. However, on most wooded courses around here I'll throw a QJLS on a hyzer flip to straight or turnover line 10x more often than an eagle or my teebird. On an open course, my QJs get fewer shots and limited utility action.

So I guess I'm asking, what types of courses do you like to play. If the sun bakes your brain like it does mine and the woods are more your style, then I'd say get a QJLS. They take longer to break in but if you're in the trees a lesser plastic jls will be your roller in no time and of course, QJs are magical.

Mostly was asking because I like that base Millennium plastic so much. I have been throwing Polaris off and on a few years but they are starting to get unpredictable when I get a powerful throw on them. I put my Eagles back in the bag because they don't suffer that same problem (at least not with my arm).

Considering a JLS because I like that smaller rim (Polaris is just perfect in my hand), and the base plastic for the understable side of things. My only complaint of the eagles, outside of no production pro, is that the beefy ones are a little too close to my Banshees in stability.

Thanks for the input.

I've got a questions about the sparkle/MF QJ's.

Are any of the runs or colors in the softer MF plastic?

I've got a couple MF teebirds that are nice and semi-gummy but my 1.10 MF QJ is pretty stiff. I'd love to get one in a little softer plastic

I have two 150-class 1.11s that are both, despite lighter weights being softer, on the firmer side of things. How old's your TeeBird? Guessing it's newer as the older one I have is firmer as well. Probably want to look for a newer run if you want softer, but it might not be sparkle plastic.

Had a CE tourney stamp in the bag for a couple of years now and it's getting US. Surprised me until I thought about just how often I was throwing it. I don't bag US to speak of but I make an exception for this old boy. It will fly straight on a hyzer flip but only at about 2/3 power and on the rare occasion that a fore hand line is to tight or needs to go over something too high to still get distance, out comes the QJ at full power. At about 1 throw per round, it should avoid becoming too flippy for a long time.

I have two 150-class 1.11s that are both, despite lighter weights being softer, on the firmer side of things. How old's your TeeBird? Guessing it's newer as the older one I have is firmer as well. Probably want to look for a newer run if you want softer, but it might not be sparkle plastic.

Teebird is from 2012. Do they have a new run of QJ's that aren't sparkle?

JLS is a fantastic disc, it's too bad they've dropped in popularity. The JLS was the first disc I cracked the 400' barrier on a hyzerflip with a 10mph tailwind. I don't throw them anymore because I can get valkyries/beasts to do the same thing (stable to right), they're more readily available in my area, and cheaper online.

Put the Q and M JLS back in the bag yesterday for our weekly league and I had some really great shots with them. I forgot how controllable they were with easy distance.

Quantum Luster

Has anyone tried the Luster Quantum JLS? The run is 1.13
These feel amazing! These are slick just like the good runs of Drew Gibson's Luster Leo3s.

Someone said this is the best plastic Innova has made in 10 years, and close to CE. Having never even felt CE plastic, only have a new 11x Eagle to compare it to, I would say it feels better than the 11 time, and more Opaque.

Are these comparable to CE JLS or other runs??

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_165650551.jpg
    IMG_20191207_165650551.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20191207_164923748.jpg
    IMG_20191207_164923748.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20191207_165635897.jpg
    IMG_20191207_165635897.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 45