• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] (Q) JLS

Has anyone tried the Luster Quantum JLS? The run is 1.13
These feel amazing! These are slick just like the good runs of Drew Gibson's Luster Leo3s.

Someone said this is the best plastic Innova has made in 10 years, and close to CE. Having never even felt CE plastic, only have a new 11x Eagle to compare it to, I would say it feels better than the 11 time, and more Opaque.

Are these comparable to CE JLS or other runs??

This plastic looks like the old gummy "Pro" plastic that was a version of CE. My dad has a Teebird or Thunderbird in that "Pro" CE plastic he found on our local course in 2004 and uses. It had no info in the disc back in the 2000's when the disc was found, just a first name in it and the weight of disc is either 172 grams or 173 grams as it is hard to tell. We said 172 and marked the CE up as such. oldest disc I have that is a plastic like the "Pro" CE is a gummy Champion a 4x JK Valkyrie that was super opaque when I first got it. I also have one other older disc but that is early Pro D X-Express from the 2001 Canandaigua Amateur or Can-Am as it says on the disc.

Has anyone tried the Luster Quantum JLS? The run is 1.13
These feel amazing! These are slick just like the good runs of Drew Gibson's Luster Leo3s.

Someone said this is the best plastic Innova has made in 10 years, and close to CE. Having never even felt CE plastic, only have a new 11x Eagle to compare it to, I would say it feels better than the 11 time, and more Opaque.

Are these comparable to CE JLS or other runs??

The Luster that I received is a nice run but not as stable as the CE or big letter QJs. The wing height is slightly lower than all my early run QJs. The flight is closer to a Leopard than it is to a Teebird.

I ordered two more and asked Wade at discgolfcenter to send me the two with the highest wing height. I ended up getting an orange and a yellow, both max weight. The plastic is clear candy plastic that feels similar to my bagged/unthrown big letter QJ. I threw the orange yesterday and it has the same early run flight... similar to a seasoned Teebird.

They aren't quite as flat as my big letter QJs but I am excited that there are some new run QJs out there with the early run flight. I hate spending $25-$30 on 15-20 year old plastic.

Grabbed 3 of the 1.13 run from Marshall Street. This Q plastic feels amazing. Can wait to get out to the field tomorrow

Attachments

• F28B3BA9-9F6C-4BD3-BD1F-6C683F696E9D.jpg
    F28B3BA9-9F6C-4BD3-BD1F-6C683F696E9D.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 54
Bump. Anybody thrown the 1.14 run? I bought one for no reason the other day, haven't thrown the mold in a few years now. Feels amazing per usual.

FULL SIZE #1
FULL SIZE #2

bfT72YD.jpg

The 175g 1.14 I threw was quite a bit less stable than the 1.13 173g. The 1.14 was brand new and the 1.13 had been In the bag over a year. The 1.13 is Opaque,
and you can barely see through it. I gave a 1.14 to a friend and it instantly became his go to thumber disc, especially for really straight thumbers

Had a chance to throw this finally, flies much like a CE QJ or the giant stamped Qs (forget the slang name). Of course it's brand new so had a bit more resistance to turn and a bit extra fade but it instantly felt like an old friend. Between Teebirds, beaded overstable mid of choice (currently Wasp/Ghost/Roc battle), and Comets I'm not sure how much I'll bag or throw it but it was exactly what I expected. Absolutely recommend.

Any other recent run JLS throwers out there?

Had a chance to throw this finally, flies much like a CE QJ or the giant stamped Qs (forget the slang name). Of course it's brand new so had a bit more resistance to turn and a bit extra fade but it instantly felt like an old friend. Between Teebirds, beaded overstable mid of choice (currently Wasp/Ghost/Roc battle), and Comets I'm not sure how much I'll bag or throw it but it was exactly what I expected. Absolutely recommend.

Any other recent run JLS throwers out there?

I have the 1.13, not the 1.14. If a fresh roc was made into a driver, it would be a QJLS.

I agree with this. Only difference I've noticed is a fresh dx eagle has more glide. QJ is perfect when you want that flight with some distance control

Yeah it does have a smidge less glide. Mine has some rounds on it and is a little worked in, it used to be a little less glidey but has picked some up. Very rangeable, and a good woods disc for carving up some flex lines. The fade isn't beefy, per say, but it is predictable.

Bump to ask if Qs are more OS than Sirius JLSs?

Obviously, they won't be beefy but would like a headwind end cap. Been planning on a Thunderbird there, just something I can trust to ride straight and finish into a headwind, but would a Q fit the bill?

Edit: ~300 ft of JLS power, my Siriuses (Siriusi?) will wiggle but go straight, maybe slight right of center, into the wind

Edit/Edit: 1.6 and 1.3 Siriusssesses

Last edited:
I don't have a huge selection of Qs but the ones I have are more OS than my Sirius and have a little less glide. I don't remember the run numbers off the top of my head.

Awesome, thank you. I think I'm gonna try the ThunderBs for a bit but good to know I may have a more mold minimalistic option.

I have a "big letter" Q that I got at PIAG and it's quite OS. The newer, more recent ones I have aren't as stable but still fill that beat teebird slot perfectly

Awesome, thank you. I think I'm gonna try the ThunderBs for a bit but good to know I may have a more mold minimalistic option.

There is a rather large spread of stability in Thunderbirds and QJLSs IMO. A 15mph+ big headwind, makes my 2 year old seasoned 169 Champ Thunderbird fly like a fresh lazer straight, no turn Teebird in moderate wind. That same Champ 15+ headwind makes a fresh QJLS hold a long turn to the ground without fade on a flat low line. My Pro Thunderbirds will turn but they flip wildly instead of a controlled roll and track right. Finally, my beat flippy pro thunderbird still wanted to fade at the end where in a couple years the QJ will need a lot of hyzer and or height to get any fade.

Best part of QJLS is they lose their LSS and glide forever on turnover lines with little to no fade at the end. Even useful when squirrely flippy, they make great specialty discs like uphill/downhill and step out annys where their ability to roll on a straight line or go far with touch and less power taking advantage of their glide.

TL:DR I'm just saying unless you've got a beat silly Pro Thunderbird in your mold minimalism cycle you're need something to fill those slots like an eagle for teebird for less than hyzer lines between a fresh stable QJLS.

There is a rather large spread of stability in Thunderbirds and QJLSs IMO. A 15mph+ big headwind, makes my 2 year old seasoned 169 Champ Thunderbird fly like a fresh lazer straight, no turn Teebird in moderate wind. That same Champ 15+ headwind makes a fresh QJLS hold a long turn to the ground without fade on a flat low line. My Pro Thunderbirds will turn but they flip wildly instead of a controlled roll and track right. Finally, my beat flippy pro thunderbird still wanted to fade at the end where in a couple years the QJ will need a lot of hyzer and or height to get any fade.

Best part of QJLS is they lose their LSS and glide forever on turnover lines with little to no fade at the end. Even useful when squirrely flippy, they make great specialty discs like uphill/downhill and step out annys where their ability to roll on a straight line or go far with touch and less power taking advantage of their glide.

TL:DR I'm just saying unless you've got a beat silly Pro Thunderbird in your mold minimalism cycle you're need something to fill those slots like an eagle for teebird for less than hyzer lines between a fresh stable QJLS.

Right on. Luster Champion ThunderB endcap it is.

Latest posts