• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] (Q) JLS

Looking for more info on this QJLS. It doesnt have a run number on it. Also looking for more of this run if anyone has the goods.
Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%2010%2000%2023%20AM.jpg

Looking for more info on this QJLS. It doesnt have a run number on it. Also looking for more of this run if anyone has the goods.
Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%2010%2000%2023%20AM.jpg

That's a 1.07-1.11 run stamp if I'm remembering correctly, nothing special about it sadly. The first stamp after the more prized QJs and older CE runs.

Look through the beginning of the thread, there's "CE-JLS" stamps, large QJLS stamps with bubbles, and large QJLS stamps with no bubbles. Those are all the pricier "coveted" ones....don't let that take away from throwing yours! Shouldn't be too difficult for you to find more at a reasonable price, good luck.

That's a 1.07-1.11 run stamp if I'm remembering correctly, nothing special about it sadly. The first stamp after the more prized QJs and older CE runs.

Look through the beginning of the thread, there's "CE-JLS" stamps, large QJLS stamps with bubbles, and large QJLS stamps with no bubbles. Those are all the pricier "coveted" ones....don't let that take away from throwing yours! Shouldn't be too difficult for you to find more at a reasonable price, good luck.

I think these runs were great. Nice stiff JL plastic under that dye job. Flip to flat & finish straight; can go a mile on a cut roll.

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-golf-discs/disc-golf-drivers/millennium-quantum-jls-x-out

I can't believe no one has mentioned that these are available on Millennium's retail site, they have been for months. I bought a few to check out when my friend lost his best TL and this is cool, old plastic. It is probably both of our #1 fairways now. The X-outs have one or two weird big bubbles in the rim, not like blizzard. I'll show pics later.

I would love to get some help figuring out what runs this is and also to let you know these discs are MONEY.

For reference, I am throwing these about 350 max backhand, and they are just so workable. I am hoping to beat this one in and keep it in the bag as the least stable fairway.

The numbers given for this disc are screwy, I'd say it's a 6 speed (1.6cm rim) but firmly in the fairway driver category. 6/5/-1/1 if a Buzzz had wings basically.

I've held off on buying them cause $16 seems steeps for X out - but reading the description these are old discs

Hello, have you ever forgotten to do something but remembered that you did it? I thought I followed up tonthis post already.

This is one of the qjls I got from millenniums site. They are still in stock!

A few things - I am pedantic, and don't like breaking rules. I found out the jls is actually 21.0 cm and as such the max legal weight is 174.3. However the ones I got are penned 175! I weighted them and they are 172, 173, and 174. I wonder if there was a different pdga specification for weight 20 years ago when these were made? Or maybe just oversight?

Anyway, I would love some help figuring out what run this is from as the number is missing from the little circle in the stamp. I know it's not CE but def early champ.

Check out the weird bubble in the rim.

Of the other two, one looks just like this - my friend is throwing it after losing his new Passion. Slower speed and similar flight.

The third one is a gem. White with gold stamp and only some black flecks in the plastic to make it an x out. Super fingerprinty/leaky plastic. I'll post another pic.

Anyone else save the good stuff for replacements/when you improve?

Attachments

• 20220122_210117.jpg
    20220122_210117.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220122_210126.jpg
    20220122_210126.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220122_210229.jpg
    20220122_210229.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 41
Did they ever make a g-star JLS? Or is a G-gazelle my closest option?

Did they ever make a g-star JLS? Or is a G-gazelle my closest option?

No, but there are some gummy base blends out there. Some of the Lunars are pretty gummy too.

G* TL3 is probably closer. Gazelle flight is closer to the polaris IME (and may actually share a mold piece).

No, but there are some gummy base blends out there. Some of the Lunars are pretty gummy too.

G* TL3 is probably closer. Gazelle flight is closer to the polaris IME (and may actually share a mold piece).

G TL sounds like a good idea. I think I may have seen G eagleLs as well. Thanks for reminding me! I really do love the slightly smaller rim of the JLS, but I guess 7speeds are close enough.

Hey following up I realize the qjls was remolded and has a max weight of 175 after all.

Hello, have you ever forgotten to do something but remembered that you did it? I thought I followed up tonthis post already.

This is one of the qjls I got from millenniums site. They are still in stock!

A few things - I am pedantic, and don't like breaking rules. I found out the jls is actually 21.0 cm and as such the max legal weight is 174.3. However the ones I got are penned 175! I weighted them and they are 172, 173, and 174. I wonder if there was a different pdga specification for weight 20 years ago when these were made? Or maybe just oversight?

Anyway, I would love some help figuring out what run this is from as the number is missing from the little circle in the stamp. I know it's not CE but def early champ.

Check out the weird bubble in the rim.

Of the other two, one looks just like this - my friend is throwing it after losing his new Passion. Slower speed and similar flight.

The third one is a gem. White with gold stamp and only some black flecks in the plastic to make it an x out. Super fingerprinty/leaky plastic. I'll post another pic.

Anyone else save the good stuff for replacements/when you improve?

Hey following up I realize the qjls was remolded and has a max weight of 175 after all.
So just by going off the stamp, that disc would be 2008-09ish or later. Millennium very slowly updated their stamps after the OLF came out, and the first QJLS I have with that stamp is a 1.8 I got around 2010.

Could it be a newer stamp on an older stock disc? Sure, that happens all the time.

The 175g thing is just disc golf, man. The JLS is the TeeBird top on the Whippet bottom; the Whippet and TeeBird approval are both at 21.2 cm and the JLS approval is at 21.0 cm. :confused: All that means is that the pro plastic they used on the JLS test run shrank more than the DX that the TeeBird and Whippet discs that were approved. Champion plastic packs out a mold and really doesn't shrink, so a QJLS probably has a diameter wider than 21.2 cm. Millennium could resubmit the JLS in Q; get the diameter revised and make it a non-issue, or they could just keep making and selling 175g JLS's (which really is non-issue.). 175g is just the accepted max weight for small-diameter discs, the 0.7g's have never been an issue to anybody.

Latest posts