• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Question for the Gyronauts

only discs I can throw anhyzers with, duh :rolleyes: ;)

(... I was just kidding too about roc vs buzzz (im an old buzzz thrower :eek:)

Change that angle from 45 degree anhyzer with Vector to 15 degree with Axis, and same thing. The Vector isn't pulling out either with that much anny. Nice throws though!

But I do like the Atom for throwing. The Anode just felt weird to me; I don't like discs with a smooth curve between the rim and the flight plate, I prefer a nice corner that my fingers can use as a reference point.

Totally agree with this. I am not saying the Anode is a bad disc, but I do not like that high rim feeling (I call it "arch-like") and just could not get a grip on it that felt right or gave me any confidence. The Ion felt a bit better, but was also too deep.

The Proxy and Atom feel much better to me, as they are more shallow. My putting style has become more spin-putt and less push-putt, so the Atom and Proxy are doing me better than the Anode and Ion did.

Nice rips Aim. My local courses are too tightly wooded for shots like that. Axis=Vector

Axis

axis_wingprofile.jpg

Vector

vector_wingprofile.jpg

Pretty much. This makes it more usable for me in tight wooded courses

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to pick up a Volt, a Resistor, and an Inertia, and maybe a Theory to complement my Tangent/Tensor midrange combo. I'm staying away from putters right now; I got a DD gift certificate for Christmas and used it to get a few Wardens, which I like a lot, so I'm going to concentrate on learning them. Proxy looks like a good option for that slot if I ever go all-Gyro in the future.

I'm staying away from putters right now; I got a DD gift certificate for Christmas and used it to get a few Wardens, which I like a lot, so I'm going to concentrate on learning them. Proxy looks like a good option for that slot if I ever go all-Gyro in the future.

I like the Warden, too, though I throw the Judge as my primary in-the-circle putter. I tend to throw the Warden on longer putts/approaches, as the Warden doesn't have that fade right at the end at the Judge will give.

And having said that, I also like the Proxy for my MVP/Axiom bag. I throw it mainly on approaches, as it has some similarities to the Colt. But one definitely can putt with it, as well. The Proxy is a good disc, whether in soft or firm plastic. :) :popcorn:

Your Tangent can do everything the Theory can. When I carry a small bag, I use it as my only mid. Overall great lineup. I was going to suggest all of those except the Resistor, which I haven't thrown yet.

Mvp

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to pick up a Volt, a Resistor, and an Inertia, and maybe a Theory to complement my Tangent/Tensor midrange combo. I'm staying away from putters right now; I got a DD gift certificate for Christmas and used it to get a few Wardens, which I like a lot, so I'm going to concentrate on learning them. Proxy looks like a good option for that slot if I ever go all-Gyro in the future.

In my Triology bag I carry 3 wardens, in my MVP bag 3 Atoms. They are my putting and driving discs. When I practice putt I use all 6. Love my Atoms, straight and long for driving. My distance drive max's out at 300 but I throw the Atoms 265 sometimes longer.
Others I would recommend in my MVP bag include: 157 fission Volt, 171 Plasma Volt, 159 Fission Photon, 167 N Photon, 169 N Wave and a Relay easy flip disc even for me.

Your Tangent can do everything the Theory can. When I carry a small bag, I use it as my only mid. Overall great lineup. I was going to suggest all of those except the Resistor, which I haven't thrown yet.

I disagree with this statement. The Theory for me is a much more reliable turning disc. The tangent, at less for me, is way more nose angle sensitive and much harder to get.to hold anhyzer to the ground. I can throw my Theory flat and I know for a fact it is going right and staying right. On the same throw there is a good chance the Tangent will fight out at the end.

I disagree with this statement. The Theory for me is a much more reliable turning disc. The tangent, at less for me, is way more nose angle sensitive and much harder to get.to hold anhyzer to the ground. I can throw my Theory flat and I know for a fact it is going right and staying right. On the same throw there is a good chance the Tangent will fight out at the end.

I like the Theory better, and you're right, it does turn easier, however, the Tangent can do the same thing with enough snap. The Tangent is also better into the wind and will hold a hyzer line where the Theory will flip, making the Tangent a more versatile disc.

Latest posts