• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rank your skills

Driving Overall: Adv
FH: Int/Adv
BH: Adv

Approaching: Adv
Putting: Rec/Int
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Pro

Mental game: Int

Overall my driving game is pretty solid. I've also got a good arsenal of get-out-of-jail shots that I've developed over the years. Putting and mental game are where I really seem to struggle in tournaments.

I can hang with open players for the most part. But when we add up the scores at the end, I'm way behind because of all the missed 20-30 footers. I just rarely make anything outside 20' in a tourney round, and once I've missed a few then my putting mental game collapses. I'm usually overthinking my whole putting stroke and changing things mid-round.

My best rounds come when I can really dedicate a bunch of time to putting practice in the weeks leading up to the tournament, and get a consistent motion without thinking. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time lately.

Driving Overall: Int
FH: Adv
BH: terrible

Putting: Int
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Rec

Tree seeking skills: God tier

Mental game: Usually fairly strong except for days where I lose all my marbles while putting badly.

Last edited:
Driving Overall: Mostly awful
FH: wut?
BH: Novice

Approaching: Rec
Putting: Rec/Int
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): pretty much non existent

Mental game: Getting better all the time (Can't get much worse)

Driving Overall: Adv
FH: Int
BH: Adv

Putting: Adv
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Adv-low Pro
Mental game: Adv

Overall consistency: Int

I feel like all the skills are still there, I just have to practice more to be able to put round after round together in a consistent manner. Drives are decent distance but not all star, definitely more accurate than powerful. Upshots have always been a stronger point because I'm left with more distance to the hole than top advanced players on 500+ holes, so I have to be good on longer approaches. Able to scramble to save par with a lot of different shots.

Solid Rec. with flashes of mediocrity.

Driving: Terrible
FH: 6 yr old am
BH: Adv Chucker

Putting: I make some putts, sometimes
Approach: Due to driving, pretty experienced, Pro Chucker
Specialty: Bad puns

Mental game: Cold as ice, as in, I freeze up under pressure.

Overall: Semipro Chucker

Forehand: Pro
Backhand: Intermediate
Other Types of Throws: Advanced
Putting: Advanced
Knowledge: Pro
Psychology: Intermediate

Drives
Forehand: control ADV / distance REC
Backhand: control REC / distance INT

Approach
Forehand: INT
Backhand: REC

Putts: INT
Long go for it puts: ADV at hitting metal/ REC at getting it in.

Harsh escapes and highly compromised footing: ADV

Mental game in regard to my own game: ADV
Mental game in regard to other people's annoyances: REC

Driving Overall: Int
FH: Int
BH: Int-Adv

Approaching: Adv-Open
Putting: Open Pro Putting Extrodinaire. If I can sniff it I can bang chains.
Specialty (Rollers, thumbers...etc): Adv-Open

Mental game: Somewhere between Nikko and MJ

Seriously though. I am basically able to keep up with my friends due to extreme confidence on the putts both jumper and circle. Good approaches. And smart decision making. I can't throw nearly as far as everyone else I play with, but I hang right with them as the bastion of consistency.

I would love to see player ratings before listing what skills you think you have.

Wouldn't this only matter if you've played tournaments recently? I've played one in the last 3 years. And it was a couple of weeks after starting to pick the game up again. Where I'm at now isn't even represented by where I was 6 weeks ago.

Latest posts