• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate/critique my form?

That's a pretty drive, no doubt about it. :thmbup: And I am not trying to detract you from getting a three on that hole, but it'll be more beneficial for us to see a flat ground drive with a fairway.

from what i can see, you're getting a good flick on the disc and a good throw, but you're releasing it with maybe a bit too much hyzer before the high speed turn comes into play, flatten it out and you might be able to get another 20 or 30' out of it.

You should put down the towel when you tee off and try to keep your weight off of your heels; its noticeable in your second shot and could be the cause of the less than 100% transfer of energy into the disc (causing premature hyzers). Try field shots with your weight centered more over your front foot at release and on the balls of your feet rather than your heels. Its all about the transfer of energy into the plastic, not how fast or hard we move our bodies.

Oh, and nice putt!!

I agree with bilythekid about not using your weight properly and flat footed. Also looks like you are rotating on the rear leg axis instead of the front leg, opening the hips early before the plant foot has braced. The plant step looks too long and you are almost in a seated position, and stomping the foot more than gliding it forward. Can definitely smoothen up the footwork and try shortening the x-step or doing a brinster hop. Also looks like you have no slowing of the shoulders to release the lower arm faster. The elbow looks low coming through and rolling the wrist over to compensate, or maybe you put intentional oat for that shot. If you watch a lot of the top pros, the backswing is different from yours as to how the hips turn back just before the plant foot lands as they reach their max reachback, where you have reached max reachback way before that. That will also help add rhythm and maybe try adding a Feldy type pre-swing working your body around the disc. Big Jerm has abbreviated the pre-swing, but watch him pivot his body into the backswing keeping the disc in the same place as his front foot is going down to plant.

I'm going to choose to rate instead of critique, since you gave us the choice. I'll give you an 8.5!

Beautiful drive but what the hell happened on the upshot? lol :)

You're telegraphing well. Follow through was a little off plane (low), though, which may be why the disc flipped early..little oat? Hard to say without knowing the disc...didn't look like you were putting full power into it, though. Looks like your reachback was limited and you weren't turned fully away from the target, but maybe that's what you wanted. Sweet flight, very nice.

Latest posts