• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

Review of my bag anyone?

I'm running pretty low since I lost a lot lately but I still have enough to not be cursing the world when I play a round b/c I don't have a certain disc for a certain shot.

Review of my bag anyone?

I'm running pretty low since I lost a lot lately but I still have enough to not be cursing the world when I play a round b/c I don't have a certain disc for a certain shot.

Simple but ok I guess. I might want a couple more mids, you never know when you will need another around. What do you use for a fairway? QJ?

Review of my bag anyone?

not bad meatbones. you have about as many disc as i do. how do u like that champ groove? i bought 1 about 3 weeks ago, but i have not thrown it yet. i want to dye it first. i'll give your bag a 7/10.

The groove hasn't been particularly good really. If there is no wind at all and you're in a heavily wooded course then it is a BAMF. Otherwise it is just too unpredictable. Good for a midrange b/c the lip makes it flop and stop when it drops...hahaha. Lame.

Fairway driver I usually just use one of my distance drivers and put less on it or I use my roc. Usually after my first drive I am within 100 ft of the pin unless I just screwed up completely.

The QLS I use for right hand turning shots...same for the wraith. Like I said I've lost five discs in the last two weeks. I am doing the discraft misprint deal in the next week or two and jartiv is hooking me up with a couple dyed discs as well (star orc and star beast). I am hoping I get a buzzz out of the misprints and I am debating buying a flat top roc. My roc hit a tree stake and it pretty stable b/c of a gash left in the edge so I am not sure if a flat top roc would even be worth the money.

I'd be curious what y'all'd think of my bag. I haven't changed much of my inventory in the last year or so and I feel pretty well-equipped when I go out to play.

I know I'm missing a lot of the newer plastic but with my noodle arm (max D about 275) I really can't take advantage of the technology.

Skurf's bag: 8.5/10 You have a pretty balanced bag depending on your arm. I'm counting the destroyer as an overstable disc for you (hyzer disc) without seeing you throw. If it's not, what do you use as a hyzer disc? I also don't see an understable putter for short anhyzers. The stratus works well but something with a little glide and anhyzer is nice to have. Also lob putting.

Waynewf's bag: 9.5/10 This all depends on your understable selection. I only see the XL as a real understable disc, it's a great disc but I personally like to have at least 2 understable discs. One for air, one for rollers.

Adaven: 7.5/10 Your mids could be better, and same as Wayne for your understable selection.

Check my bag! I'm experimenting a little right now.

Last edited:
My bag.

I have been trying to whittle my bag down to just what I need, and the rest sit in the secondary rotation bag (not a real bag). I played with a found Viper for a while and really liked it, but returned it. The whippet I haven't been as successful with, and the flicks seem to cover the territory. The heavy flick I pretty much only use for overhand shots. The 150 I can get some nice throws with. The valk is my hyzer flip disc, but it's a little light and getting beat in so that I sometimes turn it over too much. My found champ beast was a great hyzer flip disc, but I lost it. pro-D XL is my straightest, longest driver (unless I flip the valk just perfect, then I go longer with that). Surge I can get some great sidearm long throws with if I throw with a slight anny. I used to carry a banger-GT and Warlock as well, but I'm finding that I prefer to carry just my cryztal challenger because I am more familiar with what it's going to do, then if I switch between multiple putters. dx cheetah was another favorite long straight driver, but I lost it yesterday. I seem to find these more than anything though. I typically throw the slower, more stable or slightly understable drivers the furthest. The Cryztal Buzzz is the most important disc in my bag overall, though.

Discs I'm considering adding in the near future:

Sabre, Core, Element, Comet, maybe Coyote, heavier champ Valk, replace my champ Beast.

I won't need all those mids but most will end up in the secondary rotation bag as I find what suits me best. I'm still new so I'm trying out as many discs as I can to see what I like best. But I am trying to focus what I use on a regular basis to as few as possible so I can get good with them.

CW, I'll give you 9/10 - not 10 b/c that bag of yours must weigh a TON, esp after a couple of rounds in the heat!

Skurf's bag: 8.5/10 You have a pretty balanced bag depending on your arm. I'm counting the destroyer as an overstable disc for you (hyzer disc) without seeing you throw. If it's not, what do you use as a hyzer disc? I also don't see an understable putter for short anhyzers. The stratus works well but something with a little glide and anhyzer is nice to have. Also lob putting.
Yeah, the Destroyer is my overstable driver. I had a Boss, which was a little too much for me and a Max, which is just ridiculous. I can still get really good distance out of the Destroyer, but at the same time I never have to worry about it turning over or losing its hyzer line. I've been thinking about getting a Firebird to fit between my Drone and Destroyer. Think that would be a good choice?

As for an understable putter, the Omega AP fills that role pretty well and will has some nice glide on just about any line. It's my main putter and main approach disc and overall just the most controllable disc I own.

I need to update my bag. It was so badly out of date, I just deleted the discs.

I think you didn't get any comments cuz your link doesn't bring us to your bag, it brings up our own bags.

Well thats different...I must have no clue how to link my bag then...

Waynewf's bag: 9.5/10 This all depends on your understable selection. I only see the XL as a real understable disc, it's a great disc but I personally like to have at least 2 understable discs. One for air, one for rollers.

Adaven: 7.5/10 Your mids could be better, and same as Wayne for your understable selection.

Albino - First off, for my understables I use the Surge SS (if I need it on a drive) and the Coyote. For my drivers, I will pretty much just switch from RHFH to RHBH if I need it to bend either way but for my mids I love the Coyote, it's a great compliment to a Buzzz in my opinion. Understable, with atouch of fade if you allow it:)

Your bag is sweet...there's a few of your discs (flash, flick) that I personally never threw well, but if they work for you, that's great. It looks like you've got every shot covered though, and that's a good feeling. Any criticism of your bag would just be in the form of, "Have you ever tried a ____ for your ____ shot?" or the fact that you throw heavier than I do and suggest you add a 150 to the bag or maybe back a few of those drivers..like maybe your Avengers into the mid-low 160's....

CwAlbino's bag: 8.5

That's a really nice bag there. I wouldn't mind playing a round or three with that one as long as you're caddying. What is your overstable headwind driver...the Flick? Also, I would probably go for a little more diversity in the mids since all of them are in the stable range. For me, I would want a Drone for an overstable and something like a Stratus or Meteor for understable.

Why do you carry so many different types of plastic? I find people usually have a preference when it comes to plastic, but you seem to be all over the board with Z, ESP, and FLX. Oh, and what's up with the Sidewinder? Do you actually throw that thing or use it as a roller?

Yeah, the Destroyer is my overstable driver. I had a Boss, which was a little too much for me and a Max, which is just ridiculous. I can still get really good distance out of the Destroyer, but at the same time I never have to worry about it turning over or losing its hyzer line. I've been thinking about getting a Firebird to fit between my Drone and Destroyer. Think that would be a good choice?

As for an understable putter, the Omega AP fills that role pretty well and will has some nice glide on just about any line. It's my main putter and main approach disc and overall just the most controllable disc I own.

Good, I would rate your bag higher then, probably a 9 or 9.5. I was unsure on your understable mid/putter but since the Omega works well for you that's awesome.

Albino - First off, for my understables I use the Surge SS (if I need it on a drive) and the Coyote. For my drivers, I will pretty much just switch from RHFH to RHBH if I need it to bend either way but for my mids I love the Coyote, it's a great compliment to a Buzzz in my opinion. Understable, with atouch of fade if you allow it:)

Your bag is sweet...there's a few of your discs (flash, flick) that I personally never threw well, but if they work for you, that's great. It looks like you've got every shot covered though, and that's a good feeling. Any criticism of your bag would just be in the form of, "Have you ever tried a ____ for your ____ shot?" or the fact that you throw heavier than I do and suggest you add a 150 to the bag or maybe back a few of those drivers..like maybe your Avengers into the mid-low 160's....

K, the Coyote was about the only one I hadn't thrown from your bag so I didn't know how it reacted. My wind disc is pretty much the Crush, the flick is my trick disc. I also think the tracker would be a great wind disc but I haven't tried it yet.

As for 150's I overpower those too hard. I do not like my avenger so far, but I do love my AvengerSS. Any lower weight on the SS and it would just hit the ground instantly. The regular avenger just has too large of a lip for my forehand drives, I catch on it and it throws me off.

CwAlbino's bag: 8.5

That's a really nice bag there. I wouldn't mind playing a round or three with that one as long as you're caddying. What is your overstable headwind driver...the Flick? Also, I would probably go for a little more diversity in the mids since all of them are in the stable range. For me, I would want a Drone for an overstable and something like a Stratus or Meteor for understable.

Why do you carry so many different types of plastic? I find people usually have a preference when it comes to plastic, but you seem to be all over the board with Z, ESP, and FLX. Oh, and what's up with the Sidewinder? Do you actually throw that thing or use it as a roller?

Thanks. My mids are actually ever range for me. The CryZtal buzzz is my understable midrange, the Z and FLX buzzz are both stable but the FLX does not turn over as much as the Z, and finishes with more fade.
I have a meteor in my bag right now, but it pretty much has no use for me. I would rather use my voodoo or CryZtal buzzz in place of the meteor.

I like all the plastics, I like FLX the best. However just like my buzzz's they all react differently. My ESP crush turns over hard, where the Z takes more to turn over. Also for the Surge, i have one in esp and one in flx because when I forehand my flx surge it bends with the torque I put on it, causing it to slip from my fingers. That's where the ESP comes in.

Sidewinder is pretty much a pure roller disc, I use that and an EliteX Xpress that's currently in my car.

I am actually looking for a more overstable mid, I tried the ESP drone and I just hated it. the lip was large, the top was domey, and it just fell right to the ground on all forehand overstable drives. I need to try a proD one, or get back my gremlin which I have lost (left it on the *(&(&U course)

Latest posts