• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

Picked up one of these last week and threw it for the the first time today... this thing is so comically overstable, I love it. I have a lot of overstable stuff in my bag, and it puts the rest of what I throw to shame. Never really thrown anything quite like it. Without too much power, it has the flight of a powered down xcal or beefy destroyer without the skip, and powered up its just a brick. Definitely staying in the bag, makes a gator feel like a comet.

My Stegos should be arriving today. You all have me really itching to get out and throw these things as soon as possible when I get home from work.

My Stegos should be arriving today. You all have me really itching to get out and throw these things as soon as possible when I get home from work.

It will make you think about redesign of your course. Lmao... it will show you that some ridiculous technical shots are possible.

I have thrown a couple holes in front of my home courses designer and he seemed both impressed and disappointed in the ease of which I got 2s in a method he had not devised for the hole.

Stegos are like the goofy star head but that comes in most drill sets. You wonder when you would ever need it, then wonder later when that situation arises what you would do without it.

Stegos are like the goofy star head but that comes in most drill sets. You wonder when you would ever need it, then wonder later when that situation arises what you would do without it.

That's a solid description, especially in the early spring/late fall when the wind is howling. There is a short hole on my local course that I love to throw a spike hyzer over some trees on when it's calm out. Once I realized the Stego would ignore just about any amount of wind it opened up that ultra-reliable shot to just about any time. I find it really comical to tee off first with the Stego on a day where the wind is gusting over 20 mph, and throw a spike hyzer right next to the pin. Almost without fail someone in the group will try the same thing with a less OS disc (ie anything else) and the brutal wind blowing right to left off the reservoir snatches their disc and deposits it halfway up one of the pine trees lining the left side of the hole.

Spike hyzers over trees with right to left has always been rough for me but the stego shined in that part it's amazing how it goes up and just knifes down

Another thing I've noticed and like, but need to play with more is overhand tomahawk style. It just stays on straight line doesn't pan hits ground and sits... This is 50 ft or so getting out of trouble kinda shot.. my buddy ended up in bad place played his shot then I played thestego from there and man nailed it next basket so tried it couple more times on different holes because I suck and end up in bad places and the stego has helped me out if them

WTF is this disc? I was expecting OS but this thing is just stupid OS. Thrown flat at probably 60% power the disc went maybe 100' then basically hyzered to an almost 45 degree angle and just dive bombed to the ground.

No idea how I'll use this disc but I can't wait to get this to a soccer field and play around with release angles, nose up/down, overhands, rollers, etc.

At first I was thinking this would replace my Rhyno as a beefier short range disc (<225') but now I don't think that's the case.

If you don't like it I have trades lol.

WTF is this disc? I was expecting OS but this thing is just stupid OS. Thrown flat at probably 60% power the disc went maybe 100' then basically hyzered to an almost 45 degree angle and just dive bombed to the ground.

No idea how I'll use this disc but I can't wait to get this to a soccer field and play around with release angles, nose up/down, overhands, rollers, etc.

At first I was thinking this would replace my Rhyno as a beefier short range disc (<225') but now I don't think that's the case.

Breaker.... it's a flat top, zipper bottom rhyno. Almost same exact stability and flight.

What do you call a herd of Stego's?

Attachments

• B97F6324-3084-44EC-AD01-D245F924F95B.jpg
    B97F6324-3084-44EC-AD01-D245F924F95B.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 62
This thing is crazy...
You can get some really interesting flex lines with it. I have a pretty stable firebird I use for utility shots and the stego made it look wimpy.
I tried a few grenades with it and you really see the positive turn there. That same firebird has just a little bit of glide back to the right while the stego actually works itself left. I'm curious how a left to right cross wind (on the flight plate) will affect that shot.
It'll take some getting used to, just doesn't fly like other discs lol

Played my first competitive round of 2018 yesterday. The wind was getting up to moderate plus levels. This disc saved my bacon. So good for a touchy headwind layup approach.

What do you call a herd of Stego's?

A group of herbivorous dinosaurs is called a herd. A group of carnivorous dinosaurs is called a pack. The default for land animals. So dull. My favorites are murders of crows and armadas of pelicans.

... I do want 'A glacial of disc golf carts' to become an accepted term for a group of disc golfers with carts.

Latest posts