• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recent updates of Yellowstone Disc Golf courses

danhyzer

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Planning to visit Yellowstone B4 the summer is over. Was wondering if anyone has played any of the courses listed on Disc Golf course review RECENTLY and has any tips or knowledge of these courses. Thank you.

didn't think their was any dg in that area. things could have changed since I frequented that spot.

Bozeman two hours north had a course at bohart ranch. one of my absolute favorites. just epic dg holes. heard that one was getting pulled by the new owners..

you might want to try posting something for Bozeman if you don't get any responses for Yellowstone.

I haven't tried to play any of the listed courses. They all look like a local guide is needed. About 3/4 of a mile north of Soda Butte in the NE part of the park is a pull off with a group of about 20 trees to the east. The trees are spaced nicely for a make it up as you go object round. We usually stop and throw there. Our tradition on the last hole is to play it with a bison pie. It definitely adds a bit of Yellowstone flavor to the round.

Oh hi. The only one I would even recommend giving a shot in the park is the George Anderson Course at Lake Yellowstone. It might be fairly easy to find a guide, or follow the map. It's not a great course, it's more to keep the employees entertained and provides an opportunity to throw some plastic in the parks.

It's totally not advertised at all.

If you're looking for real DG, go to Bohart in Bozeman

Planning to visit Yellowstone B4 the summer is over. Was wondering if anyone has played any of the courses listed on Disc Golf course review RECENTLY and has any tips or knowledge of these courses. Thank you.

Do NOT play the Mammoth Hot Springs course unless you want to waste 4 hours and lose 3 discs and see 2 snakes. (You can read my review from earlier this year; the course is basically non-existent at this point.)

George Anderson in Lake City is a fun little spin. Mix of object targets & baskets. If you swing by the hotel, they have a map that is pretty up to date.

If you're looking for real DG, go to Bohart in Bozeman

Bohart is closed this year, and perhaps permanently :(

But, if you're entering/exiting Yellowstone from that direction, there's a new 18 hole course at the Chico Hot Springs (north of the Gardiner entrance to the park). Or you head north from the West Yellowstone entrance, the Bighorn Ridge course in Big Sky is pretty cool. Between those two, I'd take Bighorn Ridge every time, but it's very helpful to have a local guide there. Chico is a course you can easily navigate by yourself.

Oh, yeah, and if you're getting to/from Yellowstone via I-90, stop in Billings to play Diamond X! Very fun and unique course, but you will need a guide. Feel free to hit me up, or you could try posting on the Disc Golf Billings facebook page.

Last edited:

Latest posts