• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] recommendations

laerton420

what do you recommend,i like the feel of the mvp two plastic thing(friend has one.i also like the wizard super soft...currently using a polecat i thought looked cool (im new )....need something new,..help?

Use the ss wizard. Ive used then extensively and i think they would be a nice stable putter for you if thats what you are looking for.

If your Polecat is really cool looking I can probably trade you something for it. :\

(Polecats are awesome throwers)

(you're going to get a million different answers unless you start listing some specifics wants in a new putter)

Judge is awesome, took me a hot minute to adjust to how straight it is. Wizards are great, but they can be hard to find replacements for if you love your specific one, however some people love the chase. Aviars are the cheapest options, and they work, ask the beast. Vibram, the ridge specifically, had my love, but the lack of glide can be a turn off, (or on, if you want your upshots and putts to stop dead.)

Putter choice is personal. Go to a local disc golf shop & fondle putters until you find one that feels good in your hand. Trying out friends putters can also give you a good idea of what you may like (beaded, no bead, soft, stiff ect.). I follow the Feldberg belief that stiffer putters are better because they come out of your hand more consistently but to each his own. I've meet & know great putters that use many different putters with various feels. Just find something you like & stick with it, it isn't good to be changing putters constantly.

This is a great read about putters, putter stiffness & putter grip https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17218

If you like the feel of MVP plastics, get an Ion, for sure. It is VERY similar to a Wizard.

BUT, if you happen to like your Polecat, stick with it. I'm a firm believer in picking a putter that you love and using it forever.

Putter choice is personal. Go to a local disc golf shop & fondle putters until you find one that feels good in your hand. Trying out friends putters can also give you a good idea of what you may like (beaded, no bead, soft, stiff ect.). I follow the Feldberg belief that stiffer putters are better because they come out of your hand more consistently but to each his own. I've meet & know great putters that use many different putters with various feels. Just find something you like & stick with it, it isn't good to be changing putters constantly.[/URL]

^^^ this ^^^

Love my Ions, amazing feel and they last a LOOONG time compared to anything else. Get a Soft if you want gummy feel, but i think the Neutron feels just about right. i recommend 172g for a good balance.

Then get a backup base plastic wizard for rainy days if you like them (the premium MVP plastic isnt so good when its wet, like all premium plastics, good to have something to back it up)

Hang on to that Polecat. Its great for layups (if you're into that sort of thing.) Not so much for inside the circle. Judge is great for putting and driving. I don't carry one because if I did I would have to get rid of like five discs.

IMO you should get something in a dx or pro type plastic that has enough stiffness for you. I would also recommend trying a less overstable putter than a wizard/kc aviar/challenger at first because it is so easy to let them hyzer out early especially before you beat them in for a long time. A pure or beadless aviar will putt really the same line as a somewhat beat wizard but glide a little more and fade later so you might potentially make more putts.

Just keep buying a new one every two weeks until you find the one that fits. That's what I did. Now, my Anode is the oldest disc in my bag.

Aviar, Dart, Voodoo, Magic, Warlock, Wizard, Yeti, and those are just the ones I can remember.

Last edited:

Latest posts