• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Dualpack Frame

bpait

Bogey Member
Has anyone created a different frame than the one that comes with the bag? If so does it work better? Would you post pics of it, if so?

I hate how my top row of discs or whatever I put in the top part sags down on my lower compartment discs. I am usually bending discs to get them out.

My buddy had an insert made outta plastic for this problem.

He didn't 'melt it up' himself though ;)

I cant get pics but I fashioned a device with thin cardboard, duct tape, and coat hangers to help prop up the top of the lower compartment.

a guy on discgolfer.ning.com sells plastic inserts to prevent this. i have a dual pack and use my old carolina cage. i hate that big gaudy plastic thing they use. sticks out of the opening and pokes you in the back. i just lift up on the top of the opening. won't be an issue if my grip bag ever gets here. as soon as i sell my dual pack i'm buying a gb chimp.

I'm amazed that a bag that pricey has that kinda problem.

My pal is also sheet-canning his dual pack for a grip bag

my dual pack make a great storage device. My Phenix bag gets to go golfing with me everytime I step on the course.

it's really not a problem to me. i really like the bag and having to lift up on the opening to get discs in/out doesn't really bother me. i love the huge upper compartment and i am almost a little afraid that i will miss it once i get the grip bag. i'm not sure the side pockets on the grip bag will be big enough for a fleece that needs to be shed. but i love the fact that the grip bag has a rainfly. and i am way off subject.

Use PVC pipe

I made a frame out of PVC to solve this problem. I shove way too much stuff in mine (including the top), so I needed a frame that would prop up the top. I used 1 or 1.5 inch pipe (can't remember which). On the sides, it looks like a house:

/\
--
||
--

(imagine without the space)

and those two pieces are connected at the very bottom with two bars that the discs rest on, and one bar at the very top that props up the upper compartment. I think it cost $8 or so for all the pipe. Works great without adding much weight. The key is using pipe thick enough on the bottom so that when it is set on the ground, the discs barely do not touch the ground.

You using PVC pipes correct? I would love to see a pic if possible.
By the time I looked into the grip bags they were already sold out. I wonder how much longer it will be before they are actually delivered to everyone?

You using PVC pipes correct? I would love to see a pic if possible.
By the time I looked into the grip bags they were already sold out. I wonder how much longer it will be before they are actually delivered to everyone?

Yes, PVC pipe. I will try to post a pic tonight. I may even still have the sketch I did of the thing that included measurements and a parts list. If not, I'll measure and make a new one. I know it would save a ton of time...

Okay, I took a pic of the frame.

The measurements are:
12" high (7.25" to the cross bar on the sides from the bottom, 4.75" more to the top)
10.5" across the front and back
8" deep

I used 1.5" PVC pipe for the bottom base, but 1" PVC pipe for the rest. This was important because with a thinner bottom, the discs would pop up when it was set down, and I think I had one actually pop out and roll away once. There's only one bar on the top, which keeps the top compartment supported. And the 45 degree elbows on the top-front (as opposed to the 90 degree elbow on the top-back) helped it fit better. If you want any other tips, let me know. This works really well for me in a bag that doesn't show hardly any wear after moderate usage for 1.5 years.

I do wish they had included some way to fit a water hydration bladder and a fold-out waterproof rain cover. Maybe on version 2.0. Also, my dream bag would have solar panels built-in (and again, protected from water), with a couple of USB ports to recharge phone, ipod, camera, GPS, etc. For now I've got a small one that holds about the same charge as an iphone.

Cheers,
Jeterdawg

Last edited:
My bad I just realized the advanced options include attachments...here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_5021.JPG
    IMG_5021.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts