• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rit dye questions

I have 4 orange star disc that I want to dye and was wanting to know what color dye shows up the best besides black?

Kelly Green isn't bad on orange but it comes out a little dark if left on for too long. Here's an example.

picture.php

Scarlet turns to orange?

I had dyed a Yellow Star disc before and got great red results with Scarlet Red Rit, but when I did this 2 tone and dyed the red second, it came out orange?? I like it, but was wondering what could cause this? I didn't read these threads and used an entire bottle of straight liquid dye with no water... Waste of money.

? Do you use a digital thermometer to get your dye to 130 degrees, I'm always messin with my temp, I guess I could play it safe and go colder and just have some patience and let it sit longer.

Is there danger in letting it sit to long? Look at the residue my oracal 651 left on this second disc after an extended bath.

Attachments

• AcidMonkey.jpg
    AcidMonkey.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Gecco.jpg
    Gecco.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 44
I had dyed a Yellow Star disc before and got great red results with Scarlet Red Rit, but when I did this 2 tone and dyed the red second, it came out orange?? I like it, but was wondering what could cause this? I didn't read these threads and used an entire bottle of straight liquid dye with no water... Waste of money.

? Do you use a digital thermometer to get your dye to 130 degrees, I'm always messin with my temp, I guess I could play it safe and go colder and just have some patience and let it sit longer.

Is there danger in letting it sit to long? Look at the residue my oracal 651 left on this second disc after an extended bath.

Not sure why it was orange - not long enough? Liquid Rit dried up? idk, never used it before.
I just get the dye warm to the touch of the pot, I've done lower temps (probably under 100) just to try to reduce my remask color loss and it achieved the same color, with a bit more time (my normal black dip is 12 min, probably hit 18-20).
Nothing wrong letting the disc dip for a long time as long as the dye isn't too hot - discs have been left overnight by accident.
Get residue off using Goo Gone with no harmful effects to the dye (as long as you don't leave it on the disc for a prolonged period - put it on, rub all the residue off, wash disc thoroughly); I've used it just minutes after a dip without a problem.

Wal mart has it and you can order it online from Rit.

You can lighten your dyes if they are too dark by putting an uncut sheet of vinyl on and putting it back in the dye. Just be sure that you dont have any air bubbles because they will create a marble effect where the air is trapped.

@ bdubya: Residue comes off with Goo Gone. Don't use acetone. It will spread the dye around.

Was curious about the mauve Rit and was thinking of putting this on a yellow or orange star disc. Anyone have any examples of the mauve on a disc?

I'm wanting a roc to dye I really like my rancho DX. I know 12x kc and r-pro won't dye I was wondering if 11x kc would take dye or not. Or am I stuck with a star sanny cuz I have no intrest in bidding on a champ or star rancho

I got a question the guys that use water do you use tap water or do you go and get distilled bottle water?

Anyone ever try Liquid Mask for remasking? Would it hold up to the heat, or just melt away?

31CFiFt8t2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is there a way to dye white onto a clear disc?

Latest posts