• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rit dye questions

Anyone ever have a problem with getting black Rit powder to dissolve. Today was my first try at it and the black left a lot of gummy residue when I emptied the pan. With a little work I got a lot of it to dissolve but not all. I used 1 pak to 16oz of water in a 24oz mason jar and shook the heck out of it. The black came out great (on the Zappa disc, poor pic), a 10 min. dip at 130. I don't think my temp ever exceeded 140.

Attachments

• zappa disc DSC_6303.jpg
    zappa disc DSC_6303.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 15
Boiling the water first, and then adding the Rit helps.
There is a point of maximum saturation where the water just can't hold anymore dye, and at this point some dye will also re-solidify when it cools. I always use at least 24oz, storing them in the same type of jars. There isn't anything bad about the residue, just add a lil water to loosen it up and throw it back in the jar for next time :)

I just bought a bottle of navy blue rit. I am going to put it on a star white disc. I'm wondering just how dark it will turn out. I have spent around 3 hours cutting my vinyl out for the blue on this one and really want it to go right.

Careful with this, That blue looks black on some plastic.

I would think that a high percentage Hydrogen Peroxide (like 35%) would change a discs color to white. Anybody know? It turns almost ANYTHING white. Even skin, so be careful. If I had some, Id try it, but I do not.

a short dip in tan...like my 1-Up's face
IMAG0049.jpg

New pearly white GLs are comin back!!!!!! Maybe I should start throwing Havocs....(only thing that's in pearl so far...)

I'm looking to dye a couple white discs into a vibrant pink. If I a slightly higher powder to water ratio with fuchia it should be more vibrant, correct?

use the rit color chart on their website and find the color your trying to achieve and follow the directions of powder amount to achieve the desired color. More powder will make it a darker tone. You really only need 1 tbs of powder to 2 cups of water. I know everyone else on here does 1 pack to 2 cups of water but it is unnecessary to do that strong of a mix. Read and follow the chart on the rit site and you will get the color you want

Neon dyes

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these. The web site shows a pink, green and yellow for $18 a pound. These are in the professional line.

So I guess no one has tried these Neon dyes. I was just wondering how they looked. The link is the above post.

That's a rad link, I wish I could try out those neon dyes, might have to do it the next time I get $20 to waste. Wish I could try them in a smaller size first thought. Have a clear neon that it would be perfect for.

a short dip in tan...like my 1-Up's face
New pearly white GLs are comin back!!!!!! Maybe I should start throwing Havocs....(only thing that's in pearl so far...)

Many thanks for the suggestion as the skin tone turned out perfect t with a 2 min dip In my tan dye.

Can I get a dark, medium, and light brown by adjusting the dip time in dark brown?

edit: on white plastic

Last edited:

Latest posts