• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rit dye questions

Has anyone tried aquamarine? I want a light blue and am not happy with short dips on any of the blues I've tried.

Has anyone tried aquamarine? I want a light blue and am not happy with short dips on any of the blues I've tried.

never even seen aquamarine anywhere, but teal makes a great light blue on a short dip if you haven't tried that

The only place I've seen aquamarine is on the rit website. Teal is not quite what I am looking for. I've tried it.

you try hobby lobby, joanns, michaels, I been thinking of trying some different dyes just because they have some pretty cool colors

Yup. Been to every craft store within 25 miles of my house. I'll probably just order some and try it out.

Anyonr ever feel like they got a bad batch of dye? I have some liquid navy blue dye that I habve tried to use to marble a disc but cannot get it to take. I tried the same thing with scarlet and it worked like a champ. Am trying to do the blue on top of the red. Am I missing something?

.. >< .. I just spent 50 bucks at Jo-Ann Fabrics...
The sale is also on lots of other stuff. Swivel blades would be a good thing to pick up right now if you haven't tried 'em before!

I've tried 'em, they just take a different style, but work well for small radius turns and such. A few things that might be helpful if one is so inclined.
Swivel knife I know xacto has one with a normal handle, which is what I've used, but jo ann didn't have it for some reason...
Blade refill The price of these is what makes them harder to use...dunno if they fit the xacto handle...
Cutting mat. I like having one for other stuff I do, not really needed here since you shouldn't be cutting through the paper backing.
Compass cutter - Excellent for circles. A new hole drilled in the black piece gets you out to about 7.2" circles.
Different circle cutter that looks nice and easier to use, but can't do circles smaller than 4" :thmbdown: and I don't know how well it would work on disc.

Then again, I don't mind spending money on tools (big or small).
Compass cutter, I'd highly recommend though. Makes circles easy, and near-perfect, fast too.

Question: I have a Champ thats pink.. buts its like light pastel pink and i would like it to become a HOT PINK.. im my brainstorming i was thinking maybe doing a light concentration of red?? any suggestions?? (LoPan or agentpeebody) :D

real men throw pink!

a fuchsia to purple gradient would look beautiful.. heres my first thought: I'd dye the basic fuchsia color I wanted then do a couple shorter purple gradient dips.. or I guess you'd called those drains ;)

This seems like a good enough thread for this question: I need a brushable mixture that dyes relatively fast. I have some vinyl masks that are small, 4x3, with a players "logo", pdga number, and phone number he wants me to dye into the back of a set of discs I am doing for him. any ideas? Acetone or Alcohol mixes are fine, I have plenty of both, also have access to any other solvents.
I have to ship 10 discs by tomorrow afternoon, so I have today to get this done. :/