• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roadtripping the Northeast 9-24/9-29

Aww crap, there's a tournament at Deer Lakes on 9/25. I guess I'm going to Moraine after all.

somehow i don't feel bad for you.

It's funny, because tim PM'd me the same thing:

timg said:
I have yet to play the Albany area courses although from the sounds of things, you might want to hit up Joralemon instead of Central. Seems like a better, more interesting course.

What I told him was that I've always wanted to go to Schenectady and play a round there just to say I'd been to Schenectady, even if it means I'm playing a below average course. It might sound silly, but it is what it is.

so your obviously attempting to play every state in new england this weekend.....State Bagger LOL!

Guilty as charged. If things go correctly, the only New England states I'll be missing are Rhode Island, Delaware, and Maryland. :hfive:

1500 miles in 4 days (not counting driving from MI to PA and back). My car is going to hate me.

Haha State Bagger....I say go for Ninigret and play nearby new niner Strawberry in Conn...you can be the courses first reviewer! Going where no player has gone before!

I have a feeling getting to Maine might take its toll on you....just when you are sick and tired of driving you reach Maine and Maine is fricking huge.

I thought Hunt's was closed to the public and only open 2 weeks a year for the tourney?

Also, I believer there are a few new courses springing up in RI. Check out www.nefa.com (New England Flying disc Assoc.) and look in the Rhode Island forum. I'm not sure of the status but I thought a few were getting ready to open.

RE: Moraine, their is a detour to reach the North Shore area of the park, this will delay you at least 10-15 minutes. I'd go to Deer Lakes instead, both are very good but Deer Lakes is better and not far from exit 48 on the PA turnpike. Between the exit and course look for "Mulligan's Bar and Grill", I was there last week and thought it was great.

RE: Moraine, their is a detour to reach the North Shore area of the park, this will delay you at least 10-15 minutes. I'd go to Deer Lakes instead, both are very good but Deer Lakes is better and not far from exit 48 on the PA turnpike. Between the exit and course look for "Mulligan's Bar and Grill", I was there last week and thought it was great.

There's a tournament at Deer Lakes. And a detour at Moraine. Makes me think I'm going back to Knob Hill. Or maybe Schenley.

As he mentioned, there is a tournament at Deer Lakes on Saturday. As far as hills, Knob Hill has some steep ones to climb up and Knob is only an OK course. I think Moraine is much more fun and would be much more worth the trip.

As he mentioned, there is a tournament at Deer Lakes on Saturday. As far as hills, Knob Hill has some steep ones to climb up and Knob is only an OK course. I think Moraine is much more fun and would be much more worth the trip.

Alright, seems to be a lot of love for Moraine, I guess I'll just get up extra early for the detour. I'll play Deer Lakes and Knob Hill on some other trip, then write up a detailed manuscript comparing and contrasting the three courses.

SORRY...NO EDIT BUTTON...FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS NOT THE ONES ABOVE!!!

Hey Greg...Since you'll be unable to play Deer Lakes because of THE HUNT, I'd highly suggest Moraine. Don't worry about the detour, it's really not to bad. On your way to the park just follow the posted detours.

To get back to I-79 do this...Avoid the PennDot posted Detours!!!

From the parking lot near hole #1. Leave Lakeview beach parking area and make LEFT back through park. Once you pass the bicycle rental shop make right out of park. At stop sign make another Right onto West Park Road. Drive about 4 to 5 miles and once you cross over I-79 make a Left onto Zion Church Road. You'll come to a T-Intersection and make a Left onto Currie Road...You'll know if you're on the correct road if you pass some castles on your right. This is where they hold renaissance festivals. And you'll see I-79 on your Left. Currie Road runs parallel to it. You'll twist and turn for about 5-6 miles and eventually end up at another T-Intersection with Route 422. Simple Left and you'll be at the intersection of I-79 in less than 1000 yards.

This detour will save you about 10-15 minutes compared to the PennDot detour. Hope this helps and enjoy MY favorite course. More than Deer Lakes!

Latest posts