• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc V. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its funny but true...for every buzzz lover who criticizes the guys with multiple rocs many of these guys do have a hornet, a drone, and a wasp in their bag to complement their buzzz....this never dawned on me before

Yea, I play with a lot of buzzz throwers who are having to throw different discs to do what my couple Rocs will do with ease. Guess it is personal taste though. I like the bead about the Rocs, they may like the no bead. Another thing about Buzzz vs. Roc is I think the Buzzz is a little more torque resistant allowing players with less pure form to throw them better. A Roc requires more smoothness than a Buzzz imo.

I feel like it doesn't matter which I throw I can get either to do exactly what I want. I usually throw Rocs but I also love ANY flat Buzzz out there, from Pro-D to 2FRs. They all freaking rule.

I really need to try out the Glo FLX. Only one I haven't gotten at yet.

I think the Buzzz is a lot easier to control on flicks too.

I love mine, one of the best Buzzzs I've thrown...and I've owned all kinds.

didnt i say
roc /thread like a few pages ago?

You are aware what "/thread" means right?

Sooooo how bout them packers eh?

I throw Echo Star Roc's just nothing out there more versitile can make just about any shot except a big hyzer or big annie so the middle of the field is covered with one disc up to about 300' I for sum reason hate a buzz dnt know why just never been able to do much with it?

Its an illusion, the buzzz was never, nor will ever be winning. Idc about the poll, or its "results" at the moment. I mostly wanted to end the thread cuz its dumb. Its like debating religion, politics, abortion etc. you will never change anyones mind on this subject with words and opinions.
Throw a roc, if you dont like it get a buzzz, just know that god hates buzzz's, not for what they are, but for what theyre not. Amen.

Its an illusion, the buzzz was never, nor will ever be winning. Idc about the poll, or its "results" at the moment. I mostly wanted to end the thread cuz its dumb. Its like debating religion, politics, abortion etc. you will never change anyones mind on this subject with words and opinions.
Throw a roc, if you dont like it get a buzzz, just know that god hates buzzz's, not for what they are, but for what theyre not. Amen.

Very true, we all know the zone should be on top of them both...

I believe you're missing the point of this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong but he is asking for personal opinions/disc preferance, not a debate. Which I believe both having forum validity.

I do love my rocs though. Learned the game with just a KC 11x and dx that a friend of mine gave me and still use those discs every chance I get, probably my most trusted discs in my bag.:thmbup: However I did just order a CryZtal buzzz and am very excited to start throwing it! :clap: I sure hope its at my front door when I get home!

God loves the buzzz but he hates religious people.

Seriously "Roc Lover" Nobody is gonna change your mind unless you use it to objectively try something. You can say that you have given a buzzz a shot but I assure you it was not an unbiased try, just look at your post.

I started playing with roc mainly kc pro. I have since changed to the buzz. I find there to be more consistency between runs with the buzz. The only reason I started with a roc was because the pro that got me into the sport only used innova discs and new next to nothing about the flight and plastics of disccraft. I went from all innova discs to all discraft. I only use MVP ions for putting. I have 8 kc roc and they all fly just a little different. I have found that the elite x buzz works best for me. I have not yet thrown ESP but I have 2 coming in the mail. Elite Z I find flys like a brick for me but again I am still learning the disc.
Hope that helps you out

Roc i hated the buzz i threw no control terrible shots imo I love my rocs i have a sanny and ontario i can put the ontario anywhere i want it to it just glides and i love it. I am a roc man

Gotta go with the Z-Plastic Buzzz. If flies straight as an arrow, has plenty of glide, and is not beaded like the Roc, so I feel that it releases smoother. I have very little experience with the Roc, but the few times I've thrown it, it was slower than the Buzzz, but had more turnover potential. However, for buttery turnover shots, I go with the Buzzz SS and if I really need a midrange to turnover with distance, I go with the Meteor.

I throw a buzz when I don't wanna lose a roc.....

I had a buzz in my bag for a while and its nothing like a roc to me. Yeah, they are both midranges but that's about where the comparisons stop.

Gotta go with the Z-Plastic Buzzz. If flies straight as an arrow, has plenty of glide, and is not beaded like the Roc, so I feel that it releases smoother. I have very little experience with the Roc, but the few times I've thrown it, it was slower than the Buzzz, but had more turnover potential. However, for buttery turnover shots, I go with the Buzzz SS and if I really need a midrange to turnover with distance, I go with the Meteor.

Holy thread revival Batman!

I like the roc better. The main reason is that it is a midrange disc and the roc is more of a mid range than the buzz. I want my mids to float and land soft with very little or no skip. The other thing I love about the roc is I can buy it in DX plastic and it wears very slow. I hear people talking about the buzz coming in better plastic all the time, but I like my rocs in the cheaper plastic so I can control the wear on them to mold a perfect mid disc. I have one chapion roc that is my stable mid. I have 4 DX rocs that range from very understable to stable. Even though they are DX rocs, they wear very slow. My KC roc has been in my bag for 3 years and still flies strait with a little fade at the end.
Don't get mids confused with drivers people. Mids are ment to be very flexible. It is important to throw mids that can beat up and flip for you. Not for off the t-pad, but for those inbetween shots. If you need to throw a soft shot that has to turn over, good luck with a high grade plastic buzz.

Latest posts