• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

Latitude 64 Core.

DGA Shockwave.

More fuel for the fire...be different, throw something else. ;)

The Buzzz was easier for me to learn than the Roc. It went straight right from the start. The Roc kept going annie on me when I threw it hard RHBH. Probably operator error, I know. Anyway, I use the Buzzz.

I use my 171 ESP Buzzz for longer mid-range shots, and I use my Champion Classic Roc for short mid-range and as my "go-to" putter. They're way different discs for different shots, if I lost either one of them it would equaly hurt my game.

I have both and I end up throwing my Buzzz(s) more. I have a 180 roc, compared to my Buzzzs in the 170s range.

Personally, I choose da Buzzz

I am a roc man myself. They do what i want them to do so I figure no use fixing what isn't broken.

I just ordered a san marino champ roc in a pretty purple so ill let y'all know what i think of it. still havn't tossed a buzzz yet

...to end all wars.

Do these threads ever end anything? I'm really tired of these re-discussed discussions. Sorry if to be a buzz kill (pardon the pun - I'm not taking a side), but really: if you can kick somebody's a$$ on the course with your Roc against their Buzz (or vice versa)- go for it - that's what matters.

If you are playing against someone better than you are on an 18 hole course - and you trade your favorite (Roc, Buzz, whatever) for theirs (Roc, Buzz, whatever) who do you think would still win? Whatever, but nothing ever gets resolved with these "cage match" threads. They are silly.

I've killed a number of threads recently (unintentionally) - maybe this one will die too. Like a zombie, however, it will likely resurrect itself in the form of someone posting "what is your favorite mid-range disc" - again. And again. Zzzzzz.

Latitude 64 Core.

DGA Shockwave.

More fuel for the fire...be different, throw something else. ;)
This is actually the old discussion we used to have. There were people who threw Rocs, and people who were different. The Roc really had no natural challenger. Discraft Vortex? Lightning Spitfire? Heck, Innova probably made the best competitor to the Roc with the Shark. Anyway, the Roc was widely acclaimed as the best disc around, and a lot of disc golfers (being the anti-establishment types they are) refused to use them becasue it was widely acclaimed as the best disc around. They just had no consensus on what to throw instead of a Roc. The only difference now is that Discraft now has a disc that flies a lot like a Roc, only it is no a Roc. It gives the "Hell, no...I'm not throwing no Roc" types a disc to rally around. Whatever. I could throw either/or. Right now I'm throwing neither.

That was me for a bit. I bought a cro cause i thought that was a good substitute but i do want try out the roc. I think for me it would be better than the buzzz cause i dont like soften my throws and "club down" with my normal power i use for drives and stuff..... anyways sorry for rambling....

Ok it was a few posts back but someone asked about a Rattler. Think a regular frisbee you play disc golf with thats what a Rattler is. Very understable and wont go much more than 100 feet accurately. As for the Roc vs. Buzzz argument I throw a Cro feels better in my hand.

I hear the Palestinians are big fans of throwing Rocs.

I have tried the ROC but do not like it for 2 reasons...

1) It takes at least 3 to get the job done. A new one to go overstable, a used one to fly straight, and a real old one to fly understable.

2) It feels lousy in my hand.

I have never thrown a BUZZ.

However I solved my problem with the CRO.

i love the roc for all the reasons previously stated and prefer it over a buzzz because i felt really limited with the buzzz which is why i dont carry one in my bag.

What if I were to tell you all that I don't use either?

*hides*

What if I were to tell you all that I don't use either?

*hides*
ditto.gif

I carry two Buzzes in my bag, but that doesn't mean that Rocs are crap. That many people can't be wrong.

Latest posts