• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ROC vs ROC3

Which do you prefer?

• Rancho Roc!

Votes: 134 37.5%
  • Roc3!

Votes: 116 32.5%
  • Rocs suck!

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Show me the results!

Votes: 88 24.6%

• Total voters
Regular Roc of course. Roc3 just didn't do it for me. Been beating in a Glow DX and KC all winter, and I'm falling in love. If only I could find a Roc that holds its stability for a while longer... The Pain fills that role quite nicely, but if I want to minimize my molds even more then I'm screwed.

Get yourself a Champion Rancho Roc. Sounds like exactly what your looking for. USDGC always has great Champ Rocs.

i used to throw only dx rancho rocs but i've been able to transition to all roc3s after they made some in pro plastic.

The Roc3s I have are plus mold, why would I make that up? I'll post pictures Saturday when I get home.

Just because there is a detectable slant to the rim does not make it a plus mold. There are tons of non-plus mold discs that have a small slant to the rim.

I have thrown every kind of Roc I could get my hands on. 2003 USDGC "CE" Roc, 05 Claws, 04 Special Blend, Roc3s, 11x, Pre-#, Post-#, old DX, new DX, Barstamp, Zonedriven. All Rocs fly like Rocs... My favorites are the ones that aren't expensive due to made up price gouging. KC Rocs seem to be the best bang for your buck, and generally seem to fly the same throughout. The Roc3s are something special though. Really unique flight, and holds a different purpose for me than my KCs. I have 1 fresh R3, one seasoned, 1 new "Multi-purpose" 12x, 1 seasoned pre-number, and one older DX in the bag. I supplement a Mako3, beat DX Roc, or beat 11x for my pure flippy position. Mako3 really is a beat Roc once the LSF gets beaten out. SAME exact flights.

Just because there is a detectable slant to the rim does not make it a plus mold. There are tons of non-plus mold discs that have a small slant to the rim.
Fair enough. What is the defining factor plus mold then, how many degrees?

To me anything with a detectable slant in the rim is junk. My comets don't have a slant nor do my ghosts.

rancho all day

The DX ROCS have been my go to disc for years I had a few ROC 3`s they were just not the same I carry 5 ROCS in my bag 4 DX 1 kc honestly the rancho mold is hands down the best disc on the market

I don't know if I'd go quite that far. The ghost has a very similar shape to a roc, it just is close to the ontario rather than the rancho.

Legacy bought like the 07-08 Roc mold from Innova then developed the Ghost from that. That comes from very reliable sources.

Also, which Ontario's? The original ones from the 90s were the beefiest on the 4 molds, the new ones are the flippiest...strange right?.

I like DX and KC Rocs with a mild dome. I like them because they push through a hyzer, glide well, and finish strong. They beat in to a super straight flight.

My board-flat Roc3's fly similar but have a little more LSS and don't glide quite as far. What are the Pro and DX Roc3's like?

The pros are really nice, they are like stiff dx, feel nice, fly nice, just all around nice. The DX are crap, they used uber soft dx for those.

The pros are really nice, they are like stiff dx, feel nice, fly nice, just all around nice. The DX are crap, they used uber soft dx for those.

where do you pick one up?

where do you pick one up?

Both can be found on the factory store, but I got mine from the usdgc, and then got some more pro ones from the factory store because I liked the feel. But that being said I still like just a plain old dx rancho better

i haven't thrown the dx roc3 but horsman summarizes the pro roc3 pretty well. i bought 2 from the factory store. 1 of them is still brand new and only thrown a couple of times and it flies similar to a champ but it has more glide. the other other has beaten nicely and flies a lot like my champ mako3.

i haven't thrown the dx roc3 but horsman summarizes the pro roc3 pretty well. i bought 2 from the factory store. 1 of them is still brand new and only thrown a couple of times and it flies similar to a champ but it has more glide. the other other has beaten nicely and flies a lot like my champ mako3.

The dx still flies nice, the plastic is just junk, unless you like soft dx, then its perfect.

I took out my first run Roc3 an put a DX Flat Top Roc in the bag today. It will beat in quicker than my Pro Roc3, so I'm pretty happy with my set up in the Roc area. That puts me to a DX FT Roc, a Pro Roc3, and a Champ Roc3.

so how soft is the dx roc3 plastic?
like, floppy soft?
because every dx roc I've ever felt was never THAT soft

Latest posts