• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roller (disc) comments

Thats funny, I thought I've heard Nikko say "rollers are what separate pros from joes", Not an exact quote, but u you the point.

I cycle new/used Star Sidewinders in my bag, so I've always got a really flippy one for rollers and a more stable one for turnovers.

But if I were to buy a brand new disc that I wanted to be a roller out of the box, it'd be a Roadrunner.

I've been throwing more rollers lately, beat wizards, beat rocs and comets for shorter control rollers and a beat up PPD for distance.

Seen an old timer sky roll a dx ontario stingray over 360ft, on # 11 Lincoln Ridge. The only disc I can Bh roll is an Optomizer or Maximizer. :/

I like to roll my orcs for distance. I really only use rollers for distance. If i can just fly a disc there im gonna do that. In the world of rollers, skill > disc.

if im actually throwing a roller... beat champ eagle L, about 171 i think. i try to sky it a lot to get more total distance.

FH rollers i go with a beat champ FB.

IMHO. If you want to roll something....go bowling.

Rollers in DG should be outlawed at ANY level of play.

Again, IMHO.
tumblr_m5bwo121AE1qb2mcro2_500.png

img-thing

ive gotten my star road runner to get out over 400ft on a good roller, the trick is to really snap it, and send it out on a steep anny, like 45degrees.

think i like the comment about a wide rim driver rolling better. whats a disc to try out for this? archon? wraith?

My best rollers are with Avenger SS's. They are easy to control. My longest roller is with one of my main airshot drivers. It's a 167g ESP Nuke. It's not beat in much but I can force it into a long roller and it holds the line and goes.

Those that don't roll, whine.

My best rollers are with Avenger SS's. They are easy to control. My longest roller is with one of my main airshot drivers. It's a 167g ESP Nuke. It's not beat in much but I can force it into a long roller and it holds the line and goes.

Those that don't roll, whine.

What plastic for the Avenger SS, and how beat in?

I throw brand new. After they begin to beat I make adjustments. I am basically suggesting that you learn how to best make it roll.

Rollers are controlled yanks. In order to throw more stable discs for rollers you have to change the angle of approach on the tee pad. Less stable discs require a straighter approach. If you are using more stable discs you will need to approach the tee pad from the side and yank the disc down the fairway.

I throw brand new. After they begin to beat I make adjustments. I am basically suggesting that you learn how to best make it roll.

Rollers are controlled yanks. In order to throw more stable discs for rollers you have to change the angle of approach on the tee pad. Less stable discs require a straighter approach. If you are using more stable discs you will need to approach the tee pad from the side and yank the disc down the fairway.

I am getting a good visual with this description - can you go into anymore detail? Thanks.

I have been using a 175 Westside King for my distance rollers. If you get a good snap on the disc you can throw it flat and it will stand up and start rolling after about 100 feet. Or you can get a little more elevation on your throw with it and start with a little anny, which will result in a much longer air shot (250-275) followed by another 200 or so on the ground. (Flat open field, no wind)

IMHO. If you want to roll something....go bowling.

Rollers in DG should be outlawed at ANY level of play.

Again, IMHO.

Are you just trolling or are you actually serious? Because roller shots are a legitimate, useful shot in disc golf, even pros roll all the time. I've seen Nikko throw some ridiculous rollers in practice rounds and tournaments.

If someone can get a disc to roll, why not use that to their advantage? Sounds like you're frustrated by watching other players using rollers to help out their game and shave off strokes.

ive gotten my star road runner to get out over 400ft on a good roller, the trick is to really snap it, and send it out on a steep anny, like 45degrees.

think i like the comment about a wide rim driver rolling better. whats a disc to try out for this? archon? wraith?

Mamba.

Are you just trolling or are you actually serious? Because roller shots are a legitimate, useful shot in disc golf, even pros roll all the time. I've seen Nikko throw some ridiculous rollers in practice rounds and tournaments.

If someone can get a disc to roll, why not use that to their advantage? Sounds like you're frustrated by watching other players using rollers to help out their game and shave off strokes.

I remember when I first started playing the roller was my best shot my brother swore it was cheating.......haters are gonna hate :)

Latest posts