• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

rollin

boogdapirate

Today I was practicing on the field and I was throwing my drivers. My first set of throws all my drives were fine but during my second set all my drivers would go in the air for 150 feet or so but then they would roll on the ground for another 50- 75 feet. I don't want the roll I just want my discs to fly through the air. I throw RHFH by the way. What can I do to stop the rolling.

stop turning them over
throw higher
throw with the proper angle

there are many things you could do

It sounds like they are understable. You may need to throw hyzer or get more stable discs.

It sounds like they are understable. You may need to throw hyzer or get more stable discs.

Second that, although there are tons of things that could be the reason

what is wrong with a roller?

second zenbot though. Your discs are either understable, or they are too light.

With only going 150' they could be overstable too man...seen a kid roll a force and a boss.

You could also move to higher altitute where discs turn less. Just to add something new to the discussion.

I have not played at a lower altitude. I would be interested in knowing to what extent this really is.

If it helps to get an overstable disc, keep the ones you have now. They might make good roller discs later.

I don't know what you are throwing, but I can't FH any 150g discs which turnover and roll like that, most the discs I use for FH are max weight 172-175g. If you are throwing understable discs, put a lot of hyzer on it and it should hyzer-flip flat. If you are throwing stable to overstable discs and turning them then you have serious form issues.

Today I was practicing on the field and I was throwing my drivers. My first set of throws all my drives were fine but during my second set all my drivers would go in the air for 150 feet or so but then they would roll on the ground for another 50- 75 feet. I don't want the roll I just want my discs to fly through the air. I throw RHFH by the way. What can I do to stop the rolling.

i would say tilt your wrist a little bit towards your body.

your prolly throwing too understable of discs to start off...and then your not coming through level...your prolly moving you arm from your right shoulder to your hip...although i cant really tell without seeing...sometimes i tend to run into this problem and usually im just turning my wrist over too much, and not following through straight...although people say its a lot like throwing a baseball, its similar but the follow through is completely different....so just keep you elbow in, follow through level, keep wrist facing up...

or at least thats how i do it and i can get a good 400 in a field FH

I have not played at a lower altitude. I would be interested in knowing to what extent this really is.

Cam, I played in WI for the first time (Saukville, elev: 800 ft) a few weeks ago.

Before that, the lowest course I had ever played was CMC Glenwood Springs (elev: 6900 ft) and the ones up here close to me (Adventure Ridge, Beaver Creek, Leadville) are much higher than that.

I did notice that my discs didn't want to fade as much but as far as turn goes, I didn't see much difference.

I was getting better distance and glide but change in turn (out of the hand) certainly wasn't something I noticed.

Maybe you can find out at Highbridge next summer :D

Ok yeah...those are some very understable discs. If those are under 165g, I wouldn't even bother throwing them for max D. I get a nice hzyer-flip from my 175g Star Roadrunner and throw the disc wing that is far away pointed down toward the ground 45 degrees or so at the release so the disc flips up to flat instead of the ground and flies straight 325' or so. I also use this disc as a FH roller and basically throw it flat or just slightly above parallel and it flies about 100' or more and rolls another 250' or so.

Cam, I played in WI for the first time (Saukville, elev: 800 ft) a few weeks ago.

Before that, the lowest course I had ever played was CMC Glenwood Springs (elev: 6900 ft) and the ones up here close to me (Adventure Ridge, Beaver Creek, Leadville) are much higher than that.

I did notice that my discs didn't want to fade as much but as far as turn goes, I didn't see much difference.

I was getting better distance and glide but change in turn (out of the hand) certainly wasn't something I noticed.

Maybe you can find out at Highbridge next summer :D

that is amazing. i never would have thought that elevation changed that much of the flight path.

I have a Champion Wraith that I can get to turn a little right when thrown flat near sea level, consistently. In the great state of Colorado, The disc will not turn without putting anny on it, no matter how good my snap is.