• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rough Weather

maxhz

It's been a painful winter with the arctic cold and especially the recent weather from last week. In Kentucky, we got several inches of snow on the 2nd, then a little bit more with a good amount of ice on Tuesday. In fact, all five days of school for me were cancelled this week. Hardly any has melted, and I don't stay warm in 40 or below, and ice and snow just make it a lot worse! I know some people who played past few days and they said the conditions were pretty bad.

Has anybody else been playing these types of conditions? The 7th was the midpoint of winter, so we're getting closer to the warmth! President's Day weekend looking nice also! Hoping I'll actually get to play a couple of days, lately for me it's been once every weekend or two.

Minnesota, son. Damn straight I play in those conditions. :p. I am thinking along the same lines as you, though. We are so close to freezing being our average high and it will feel like heaven!!! March, here we come!

Minnesota, son. Damn straight I play in those conditions. :p. I am thinking along the same lines as you, though. We are so close to freezing being our average high and it will feel like heaven!!! March, here we come!

Sounds like I need to move to Kentucky for much better weather. Kidding aside, it has been brutal here, subzero temps, 2 feet plus snow on the ground. The time I want to spend playing is spent shoveling, roof raking, cleaning off bushes.....only to do it all again in another four days.

I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy from us northerners. I'm getting ready to go play all day, and it's about 5º out right now, with a high of 15 today....and there's ALWAYS snow on the ground.

I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy from us northerners. I'm getting ready to go play all day, and it's about 5º out right now, with a high of 15 today....and there's ALWAYS snow on the ground.

Yep, our 10 am tee time today has a forecast for 3 with a couple inches of new snow yesterday. But with sunshine and only a slight breeze, it should feel almost balmy. :)

I did finally get out and play a snow round of golf last week. It's been so long since I did that I forgot not to throw white discs. I had three in my bag and threw one of them on hole #1. :doh:

I have 3 in my bag that i hate to take out but dont have any extras for them. i miss the vision, my white fuse and my glow destroyer.

How miserable has our winter been? Between bitter cold (by local standards), rain, and passing viruses, and the fact that whatever decent days we've had have been inconveniently scheduled during the workweek, I've only played 15 holes of the course that I live on since before Christmas.

How miserable has our winter been? Between bitter cold (by local standards), rain, and passing viruses, and the fact that whatever decent days we've had have been inconveniently scheduled during the workweek, I've only played 15 holes of the course that I live on since before Christmas.
Wow, I've gotten more disc than that in and we've had a TON of snow (again, by Columbus standards). Granted, I've got exactly 3 more holes in than you, but still, c'mon man enjoy that SC weather!

I've got two new discs just itching to be thrown, but given that I went to play the other day and saw a guy in a 4x4 truck stuck at the bottom of the hill that leads to the course near my house I decided my Mustang probably didn't have a shot and turned back for home. Columbus has NO clue how to clear snow, so I'm giving up until we have enough warm weather to melt the snow so I can get to the course.:thmbdown: C'mon Spring!!! :clap:

I'm trying to be positive and convince myself that this cold nasty winter will lead to a cool, dry summer so heat won't keep me off the course in July and August (not that it does anyway, but I'd rather play in the 70's than the 90's).

Wow, I've gotten more disc than that in and we've had a TON of snow (again, by Columbus standards). Granted, I've got exactly 3 more holes in than you, but still, c'mon man enjoy that SC weather!

I'd enjoy the S.C. weather.....if we'd actually get some in S.C. Only a couple of days have even reached the normal temperatures and, until today, they were Mondays, when I was at work from dawn to dusk.

Luckily, I spent a long weekend in Brooksville, FL, playing myself to death at the old Canyon course in temps up to 80 degrees.

It's just my own course that, prior to this weekend, I've hardly managed to play this winter.

This is how we roll in Wisco. Ribbons, shovels, and 10º with 10mph winds.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1920628_10203086147896183_2116586875_n.jpg
    1920628_10203086147896183_2116586875_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 173
We had our snowiest January here in Indy. I've played 3 tournaments in the WIFFS so far and my rating is taking a BEATING! I can't wait for spring.

This is why when I finally go north to play some disc golf, it will be during the summer! It's just not something we're used to. A couple years ago it was 70-80 degrees in February...for more than half the month! Then last year it only dipped down into the 20s a couple of times, and I think the teens just once (all winter)! With that being said, I don't think anybody, even northerners, desires to play in single digit temperatures!

It seems to me, based on what I've read from everyone, that it's just a matter of how one puts up with it. For some, it's just a part of everyday life, and you don't really think much of it. For others, it could be limiting how much you play. For myself, I just have to be patient and wait for the right weather day to come around. In this part of Kentucky during this time of year, usually comes around once every week or two. We've been fortunate to have our nice days on Saturdays and Sundays so the majority of people are able to get out and play.

Hope everyone has a safe, warm(er), and less snowy rest of winter!

Must dress for it. One of the worst winters in northern Illinois ever and have played dubs every Sat. and Sun. except one with a handful of skins thrown in there, right now there is just to much snow for skins also we're not playing that now, just to much deep snow to walk two rounds, today was deeeep. Dress warm and handwarmers are a must!

I would enjoy a day that hits 30 degrees at this point. Snowstorms, temps consistently in the teens and below, subzero wind chills....its been a long winter, and its not improving quick enough!

Colorado can be wicked cold and snowy or fifty degrees and spring like. We have been experiencing some of the colder below zero temps and snow over the last few weeks and I haven't played. I couldn't take it anymore and went on sat in about a foot of snow that was melting rapidly in almost fifty degree temps? Wet, slushy, windy and not really the most fun dg. Woke up this morning to temps that never got above 20 and went back for more. The colder temps were better as the snow wasn't sticking to the disc any more, and got some massive skips and flairs off the refrozen snow. Twenty degrees with out wind is not bad at all and played in only a hoody all day. Met some other hardy souls for 27 holes of disc golf and had a lot of fun on the course today. I would suggest anyone desperate for some dg action get out and find the limit of foul weather you can handle and still enjoy your round.