• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] RPM discs - New Zealand

I've gotten a few months into beating in a strata Kotuku and this thing is getting really workable. Thrown hard with a little hyzer, it'll flip up to flat and ride straight for most of the flight until it fades fairly hard at the end. Can't wait to give it a few more tree hits and watch it turn slowly.

I've also thrown my Pekapeka more and I don't know if I love it. It's a lot straighter than I thought which isn't normally a problem, but I was hoping for more turn. I'll give it some more time and work with angles a bit more.

RPM

I've gotten a few months into beating in a strata Kotuku and this thing is getting really workable. Thrown hard with a little hyzer, it'll flip up to flat and ride straight for most of the flight until it fades fairly hard at the end. Can't wait to give it a few more tree hits and watch it turn slowly.

I've also thrown my Pekapeka more and I don't know if I love it. It's a lot straighter than I thought which isn't normally a problem, but I was hoping for more turn. I'll give it some more time and work with angles a bit more.

The pekapeka is def more stable than I thought it would be. I have a few flat glows are are more like the flight numbers. I also have mint colored atomics that are pop tops that are like beat in thunderbirds.

The pekapeka is def more stable than I thought it would be. I have a few flat glows are are more like the flight numbers. I also have mint colored atomics that are pop tops that are like beat in thunderbirds.

So it´s not just mine. . i like the disc but my two Atomic and Cosmic flies more like 9/5/-1/2

Never tryed the Glow, i thought it to be even more OS. . but now i might try one.

My cosmic is definitely 9/5/-1/2 flies great but it's not flippy at all. Goes far though!

Kotare

Yes! They are beefy…I'm 891 rated and throw about 375. The cosmics fly like a really stable destroyer with less glide. The atomics are a little less stable and have more glide.

Looking at trying some of RPM mids specifically the Kotuku and Piwakawaka. What plastics and weights should I try to get accurate representation of the molds? Currently have DX and star rocs and a Mf gator as my mid lineup now, not concerned about similar hand feel.

Rpm

Looking at trying some of RPM mids specifically the Kotuku and Piwakawaka. What plastics and weights should I try to get accurate representation of the molds? Currently have DX and star rocs and a Mf gator as my mid lineup now, not concerned about similar hand feel.

I throw around 375 max for reference.
I would try an (star) Atomic Kotuku around 170-175. It was a better and more reliable mid than my roc3s. It will be more os out of the box but can handle an power with a straight path for 80% then a nice mellow fade. The glows are beefy more like 5.4.0.3.

The Piwaka I love the glows. The most stable plastic for the mold. It's still Understable and all about hyzer and nose angle. I would go glow and max weight.

I hope this helps!

I throw around 375 max for reference.
I would try an (star) Atomic Kotuku around 170-175. It was a better and more reliable mid than my roc3s. It will be more os out of the box but can handle an power with a straight path for 80% then a nice mellow fade. The glows are beefy more like 5.4.0.3.

The Piwaka I love the glows. The most stable plastic for the mold. It's still Understable and all about hyzer and nose angle. I would go glow and max weight.

I hope this helps!

I was thinking a heavy atomic Kotuku, and a pair of Piwakawaka (cosmic and atomic). If there is a big enough difference in flight between the two plastics? Otherwise might inverse that with the double kotuku and the single Piwak.

For me the Piwak is the less stable in Cosmic and for the Kotuku its the most stable plastic.

I think the Atomic is most tru to the numbers

I don't think I've seen a Piwakawaka that wasn't 180gm.

I really like the feel of the glow RPM plastic, then Atomic. Cosmic is fine but my dry hands struggle to get good spin on them.

Both great discs. Check out the Kea too!

I love the strata Kotukus. I'm working on cycling them and I got my one strata to beat in to about a Hex stability. A fresh one will be almost Roc-ish out of the box. I also have cosmic and atomic (champ and star) and they're beefy, like others have mentioned. Somewhere between a Roc3 and a Rocx3.

Like others have also mentioned, the Piwak will still be understable regardless of the plastic, but glow is probably the most stable. I have an atomic that is a little too sensitive for my taste (but my form is good, but not excellent either).

I love the strata Kotukus. I'm working on cycling them and I got my one strata to beat in to about a Hex stability. A fresh one will be almost Roc-ish out of the box. I also have cosmic and atomic (champ and star) and they're beefy, like others have mentioned. Somewhere between a Roc3 and a Rocx3.

Like others have also mentioned, the Piwak will still be understable regardless of the plastic, but glow is probably the most stable. I have an atomic that is a little too sensitive for my taste (but my form is good, but not excellent either).

Thanks all for your input have several RPM discs on the way, a glow atomic piwaka, and a pair of Kotuku (stratus and atomic). Holding off on the Kea as I already cycle the zone in and out of the bag wi5 the gator and rhyno...but ya never know haha.

Latest posts