• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that they have a return policy, but they sent you a functionally incomplete bag. How are you supposed to wear the bag if the straps don't connect anywhere? This is like buying a car without an ignition.

I would be furious if this happened to me, and they made me pay even one penny to right this wrong.

this kind of thing will be the true test of what kind of a co. they are trying to be

I feel like they think people don't use both sites. Like why would you hire a pr rep for this site and then just bash it...chris is just trying to feed fanatic to the wolves.

Yeah and don't bother interacting with them on their facebook page, they delete anything that isn't a glowing recommendation. Honestly is this a company anyone wants to do business with?

Guess im big enough to admit when I was wrong. Whoever wants to say told you so can. I bought the bag for the pre release but if I knew the grip A was going to drop before I received the bag... id definitely get that.
Chris mentioned on fb that people seem to forget the struggles of a new company...everyone expected difficulties. The true test was how they handled the hurdles. Chris seems to think he doesn't owe customers anything. Sometimes thats true but when you are starting off you need all the support you can get.
I was planing to review the bag and show it side by side to a L series a prodiscus and a ranger. I still plan to review my bag but my expectations have significantly dropped. Hopefully its in one piece.

this kind of thing will be the true test of what kind of a co. they are trying to be

i still really want to believe they are trying to do the best they can, and with the best intentions-provide a top quality product for a good price

Seriously, they shouldn't be asking for a return on that bag. They should send you a new one, with extras, and a prepaid label to send the non-functional bag back to them. That's the ONLY acceptable solution.

i still really want to believe they are trying to do the best they can, and with the best intentions-provide a top quality product for a good price

Yeah and I really still want to believe in Santa. :|

On the bright side we dont have to worry about those straps breaking. . .

Well my months of remaining patient yet extremely anxious for the bag have not exactly payed off.. I received my bag today and when i saw that brown box on the door step I was practically sprinting towards it! I was pumped..

my time had finally come and I cut the thing open and revealed the bag that I had long been waiting for.. But to only find out that I was stuck with a piece of crap. The lower straps that are suppose to connect to the grey padded area from the base of the bag are missing. Not even stitched at all.. I was pissed and still kinda am. Especially since I was about to leave to play a round on a beautiful day. So i contacted salient and all they could do is get me another one along with a disc haha and i still have to pay for shipping!!!! Ridiculous!!!

I wrote them a letter along with my returned bag either asking for full refund or a fully functional bag with disc and sticker.
But at this point im just fed up with the company.. I will most likely sell the dang thing later on, haha im an enraged golfer that's for sure.
my advice: save your money, or get a grip.

Cant believe im even dealing with this crap

First off making you pay your own shipping is absolute bs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondly... didnt they just state that every bag was gonna be tested by wearing it for 4 holes of golf. Upon reading that I thought wow total bs and called em on it in a sly remark of something like .... wow thats a lot of golf to test every single bag........ looks like 4 holes was just too much for your bag hahahaha. That blows dude sorry about your luck. I would be enraged....

And that facebook rant is enough for me to never give em a single dime of mine. I had thought about trying an antidote.... but not gonna ever now lol.

Ill continue to watch the madness unfold on this thread and also so I can see what they change their name too next.... so I can avoid buying from them ever.

Well my months of remaining patient yet extremely anxious for the bag have not exactly payed off.. I received my bag today and when i saw that brown box on the door step I was practically sprinting towards it! I was pumped..

my time had finally come and I cut the thing open and revealed the bag that I had long been waiting for.. But to only find out that I was stuck with a piece of crap. The lower straps that are suppose to connect to the grey padded area from the base of the bag are missing. Not even stitched at all.. I was pissed and still kinda am. Especially since I was about to leave to play a round on a beautiful day. So i contacted salient and all they could do is get me another one along with a disc haha and i still have to pay for shipping!!!! Ridiculous!!!

I wrote them a letter along with my returned bag either asking for full refund or a fully functional bag with disc and sticker.
But at this point im just fed up with the company.. I will most likely sell the dang thing later on, haha im an enraged golfer that's for sure.
my advice: save your money, or get a grip.

Cant believe im even dealing with this crap

SERIOUSLY? I can see if it was missing a zipper cord or even had a crooked seam or two, but the straps are pretty much the main point of a backpack. How do you miss that?

In a morbid way, I can't wait to see what horrors the rest of us end up unboxing.

Seriously, they shouldn't be asking for a return on that bag. They should send you a new one, with extras, and a prepaid label to send the non-functional bag back to them. That's the ONLY acceptable solution.

They could even ship the new one first. It's not like you're going to be using that one for anything useful (except maybe for archery practice).

They could even ship the new one first. It's not like you're going to be using that one for anything useful (except maybe for archery practice).

That's what I was getting at. A little goodwill goes a long way.

Exactly!!!
Correct business practice would be to ship replacement bag pronto. Include a return paid shipping label. Drop unsewn defective piece of garbage in the box attach label and its off.
Wow was that a hard thought process....maybe I should start a bag company. My customer service is already far superior. Lol

The above post about what horrors await was great BTW.

For those of you waiting on your bag. I wish you the very best luck and hope yours comes fully sewn and unscathed as much as possible. As much as its entertaining reading and commenting I would rather see my fellow DGCR members happy!!!!!!

^^^^^^this is how its done correctly

EXACTLY!!! I contacted a lady named hillary all she said they could do was thrown in a disc and stickers.. like i said i really just want my money back haha I feel like salient honestly rushed the whole process by a long shot!!
and that it was done very unprofessionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts