• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Been looking for a backpack style bag, and I do believe I have found it after watching the video. So if there being shipped out mid July from tx and im in ky. Think I would get it by the 24th? Only ask cause I got a tourny July 26-27th and would love to get my new bag before then.

I'm pretty sure you should receive it by then. Bags hit the air on the 10th and take a week to arrive. Depending on customs and weather we expect bags to make it to pre-order customers July 20. Hopefully things work out faster than we expect and it's earlier than that.

Question for ya! Okay so I don't usually have 20 discs in my bag at a time, however I'm diggin the warranty and price of this bag.. what do you think would be the minimum amount of discs that this bag would hold in the main compartment without them falling over/slipping/falling over? Going to be honest it's quite a bummer that it doesn't come with at least one divider or something of the sort.

Thanks

Question for ya! Okay so I don't usually have 20 discs in my bag at a time, however I'm diggin the warranty and price of this bag.. what do you think would be the minimum amount of discs that this bag would hold in the main compartment without them falling over/slipping/falling over? Going to be honest it's quite a bummer that it doesn't come with at least one divider or something of the sort.

Thanks

I am looking at it because I need more storage for stuff, not discs.
So i am thinking I would just put my rain coat inside to take up some of the disc space.

I am looking at it because I need more storage for stuff, not discs.
So i am thinking I would just put my rain coat inside to take up some of the disc space.

That's actually a pretty good idea Matt. Also the top pocket is a pretty good sized pocket. It's tough to say how many the main pocket would hold. I would have to grab my bag and do some test on arrangement. If you put say 6 putters in the main that would be a good chunk of space if you wanted to carry some practice putters. If you give me an idea of how many drivers/mids/putters you want to carry I will test it out on my bag and get back to you.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers on DGCR.

Thanks

I agree with the MattC and Scott.

Last edited:
I've been looking to buy a backpack style bag for awhile. This video has sold me but I told my girlfriend I wanted one for my birthday and that's In September. So she might get pretty angry if I buy one now. :(

I've been looking to buy a backpack style bag for awhile. This video has sold me but I told my girlfriend I wanted one for my birthday and that's In September. So she might get pretty angry if I buy one now. :(

It's okay your birthday can come early this year :)

I am really digging the bag. I think I might have to pre-order one. So these bad boys won't be out until mid July right? Because I am moving at the begging of July and will have a different address so I should put my new address on the order right?

I am really digging the bag. I think I might have to pre-order one. So these bad boys won't be out until mid July right? Because I am moving at the begging of July and will have a different address so I should put my new address on the order right?

Yes I would put your new address to make sure it gets to the right location.

I'm pretty sure you should receive it by then. Bags hit the air on the 10th and take a week to arrive. Depending on customs and weather we expect bags to make it to pre-order customers July 20. Hopefully things work out faster than we expect and it's earlier than that.

This doesn't seem to add up.

Take flight: July 10
Week to Arrive: July 17
3-5 Day Ground Shipping After Processing: July 20-22

That's assuming you have no processing time in between arrival and you shipping them out.

That's all provided that UPS doesn't hang on to your boxes for a week, all the straps are attached, they actually ship on time, the plane isn't owned by Malaysian Airlines and there are no hurricanes.

I'm all for optimism, but be realistic.

That's assuming you have no processing time in between arrival and you shipping them out.

That's all provided that UPS doesn't hang on to your boxes for a week, all the straps are attached, they actually ship on time, the plane isn't owned by Malaysian Airlines and there are no hurricanes.

frabz-yawn-yet-another-troll-failure-ec570a.jpg

Well for a small piece of info the bags are shipping from the manufacturer straight to Disc Nation who is handling all the QC and shipping.

Hopefully this clears up your.... Issues.

Well for a small piece of info the bags are shipping from the manufacturer straight to Disc Nation who is handling all the QC and shipping.

Hopefully this clears up your.... Issues.

Huzzah. More sarcasm from a customer service rep.

You guys really know how to keep it classy.

From now until July 4th, 2014 we will be offering any current or past servicemen a discounted price on our new Helix bag. If you served our country email [email protected] or call us to order and tell us what branch of the military you served and how long you served our country. You will receive a bag for $150 with free shipping which is $35 less than our pre-order price.

Thank you for protecting us!

Huzzah. More sarcasm from a customer service rep.

You guys really know how to keep it classy.

Sorry for the sarcasm it was not intended. Just some rushed typing. The bags are being shipped to DN though and not to us. Just trying to help with some questions some other people might have.

Sorry for the sarcasm it was not intended. Just some rushed typing. The bags are being shipped to DN though and not to us. Just trying to help with some questions some other people might have.

That does make the process more timely -- hopefully all goes well this time.

Latest posts