• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Schusterick shoots a 36

larrod25

Par Member
I figured I would start a thread since no one seems to be talking about this. Will posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"Went from shooting a -6 yesterday at Claystone to shooting an -18 today! All birdies. Mostly threw the PA4 and PA1."

Along with a picture:

WillSchusterick36_zps989898df.jpg

Those are some crazy scores, 44 was the HIGH round on the card! Unofficially rated 1107.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99892

I don't know how easy that course really is, but wow!

Shooting 18 2s is definitely impressive. But looking at the card, the fact that there are just two 4s says a lot about the course.

Great round, but you can't say it was "all birdies" when only 7 of the holes were over 250'. What is par, anyway? ;)

I don't care how short open or "easy" a course is, getting up and down 18 out of 18 times is amazing.

People dog short courses but I'm telling you, they are some of the hardest mentally to play.

I don't care how short open or "easy" a course is, getting up and down 18 out of 18 times is amazing.

People dog short courses but I'm telling you, they are some of the hardest mentally to play.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Our league plays Brahan Spring Park in Huntsville, AL every week. There are 18 birdie opportunities on that course, and we regularly have people shoot in the mid 40s. But 36! That is impressive! Poor Cam Colglazier probably thought he was having a pretty hot round to :thmbup:

i agree.. when we have our local course in the short to short (similar distances), its still a challenge to score 9 down (or more), though fairly common for some locals. 18 down, no matter where you're at, is a feat.

Brahan springs is a tougher course than this one IMO. For the best of the best this course is/ would be ridiculously easy to shoot well at ( as is evident on the score card).

The distances look correct from the score card.

18 deuces sure is impressive though.

Why were there so many DNFs? Was the weather bad?

Nope. Adam Johnson is called Bootsy because he quits everything when he has one bad shot. And I think the others got too drunk to show up the next day.... along with the TD.

I wasn't there but that is my guess from the reputation of Adam and rumors of the others.

Latest posts