• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle to Socal 6 days, where do I play

thanks, that sounds amazing and those three will be in my thoughts as I prepare for washington. I will do the numbers soon meaning drive time to each course and so forth, but I'm stoked so far with all the help guys.

Lakewood King County Park is a solid course that's only about a 5-10 minute drive from the Seatac course. I think you may have confused it with Trojan, which is in Oregon.

You should not have any problem playing Seatac, Lakewood, and White River in one day. I've regularly played Seatac and Lakewood in a matter of about 3.5-4 hours solo. White River is maybe a 30 minute drive MAX from those two.

Those three courses really make a nice tri-fecta. Each brings a little something different to the table. Seatac is LONG and quite technical. The last four holes are especially difficult. Lakewood is a more laid back "park" course with some of the best tee pads I've ever seen. Not too long, but with a few holes where you can air it out. It's been a dry summer, so most of the water is a bit on the low side and the grass is getting a bit brown. White River is more of a pacific northwest jungle course, very dense foliage. Not too long, but plenty technical.

I think that maybe my post was lost in all of the one line responses....

I am a Gold Trusted Reviewer and of my 160 courses played only 5 are in an area besides the Northwest so I've played a ton in Washington and Oregon.

3-5 18 hole courses a day, alrighty then...

Seattle/Western Washington; Day 1:

Seatac is the best course in Western Washington and less than 5 minutes from the airport. Lakewood is five minutes from Seatac and is more of a recreational course; not as hard as Seatac but it has some elevation and some water. White River is about 20 minutes South of both of those courses and is the under dog of Western Washington.

Fort Steilicoom is a decent course that is impossible to navigate without a guide and there isn't really a standard course there. The people who set up this course have close to 20 different layouts that all overlap each other and anyone could be playing any of these at any time so you have people throwing on your hole, using your tee pad, whatever, it's a confusing mess. Lots of good land there that's being wasted IMNSHO. I say skip this and start driving South and play Trojan unless you don't like water, because Trojan has MANY water shots. Lucky Mud people seem to love, I don't get it. I think the course is average at best but it's secluded and pretty if you are into that. It's also out of the way from I-5 though.

Portland and surrounding area:

Spend an entire day at Horning's Hideout! My goodness man, it is a requirement! Highland Course Canyon Course Meadow Ridge Course

You should also hit LL Stub Steward while you are near Horning's.

There you go, day one in Portland.

Next day:

Pier Milo Timber Dabney

Next day in Albany:

Bryant Park is the most underrated course on the West coast BY FAR! Don't pay any attention to its rating, it is way better than that! Adair and Willamette are nice Intermediate style courses. Waterloo is an above average course, nothing extremely special but it's in the area.

Driving South:

North Regional Park in Cottage Grove is another underrated course that gets hardly any attention but this is a very decent course in the middle of nowhere. Whistler's Bend has some great views and is a great course but is slightly overrated though it's still a must play. Riverfront Park in Roseburg I missed when I played down there but I have heard it's a decent option.

Anything South of that I haven't explored yet, hope this helps. Have a good trip, it's going to be epic. By the way if you need a guide to any of the Seattle courses let me know and if you are near Seatac or Lakewood you should stop by Chainbangerz in downtown Burien (5 minutes from each course) and say hi, I'll more than likely be working. :)

how is daliwood or nad park? Is it worth taking the ferry accross and playing those two? Let me know.

I think that maybe my post was lost in all of the one line responses....

Both pretty good but it's a long way out. Ferry times and fees or driving around, both options have their downfalls. Takes almost a hour and a half by car from Seattle and by ferry the ride is only 20 minutes but the ferry only comes twice an hour and the fee is something like $15 a car .If you're going to go in that direction you would have to spend an entire day playing the two mentioned as well as Fairgrounds, Bud Pell and Fredrickson. All good courses that are above average but nothing extremely special. I wouldn't spend a day there instead of Oregon and I wouldn't switch it out for Seatac/Lakewood/White River/something else South of these courses either.

I looked at the ferry schedule and the ferry fee isnt an issue. Just want to make sure its worth it. also the two courses were rated in the top 5 in the state on dgcr. That was a cool fact and I plan on playing Lucky mudd which is #1. So three or 4 top ten washington courses is very cool to me.

Both pretty good but it's a long way out. Ferry times and fees or driving around, both options have their downfalls. Takes almost a hour and a half by car from Seattle and by ferry the ride is only 20 minutes but the ferry only comes twice an hour and the fee is something like $15 a car .If you're going to go in that direction you would have to spend an entire day playing the two mentioned as well as Fairgrounds, Bud Pell and Fredrickson. All good courses that are above average but nothing extremely special. I wouldn't spend a day there instead of Oregon and I wouldn't switch it out for Seatac/Lakewood/White River/something else South of these courses either.

No matter what you decide to do, it's going to be awesome! Welcome to the rain forest. :)

Be sure to check out my reviews on these courses too. :)

I will and I appreciate the help. Any cool attractions or must restuarants or breweries I should check out or unique dining or food that's to good to pass up. Let me know.

Are you driving down the 5 through CA... or going down the coast and Humboldt Region?
If Humboldt... find HumChris and ask him to take you to a private course that rhymes with Hair-e-a Plenty-Fjords. (that's a stretch but... it should work).

The university course through the redwoods is a destination as well. And, I've heard great things about Birds of Paradise (never been though).

DSCJNKY

Pssst....check his profile to see what courses he has already played!

Okay. Then here are the courses not to bother with.

Dabney*
Hyzer Pines
Suicide Flats*
Shark Tooth
Oak Grove
Chavez Ridge
La Mirada
Evergreen/Goleta
El Dorado
Sylmar*
Rabbit Flats

* like these. Just gotta draw the line somewhere.

what about Chico, in Norcal. What are the best courses to play there? I need dining in portland options or anywhere cool to eat near Lucky Mud in Washington. Help me out please.

Where are the top two located. I am unfamilar with Dabney and Hyzer Pines.

Okay. Then here are the courses not to bother with.

Dabney*
Hyzer Pines
Suicide Flats*Played
Shark ToothPlayed
Oak GrovePlayed
Chavez RidgePlayed
La MiradaPlayed
Evergreen/GoletaPlayed
El DoradoPlayed
Sylmar*Played
Rabbit FlatsPlayed

* like these. Just gotta draw the line somewhere.

Dabney is about 20 minutes East of Portland, OR. Hyzer Pines probably isn't realistic for you, you would have to travel over the mountains in Oregon to get to East Oregon I believe. Not really worth it for a so/so course.

I looked at the ferry schedule and the ferry fee isnt an issue. Just want to make sure its worth it. also the two courses were rated in the top 5 in the state on dgcr. That was a cool fact and I plan on playing Lucky mudd which is #1. So three or 4 top ten washington courses is very cool to me.

If you have the time then I would say it is DEFENITELY worth the ferry ride over.

Like Silly said, lucky mudd is an ok course, not the best course in the state by far. It really is a pretty place to play however.

I love Trojan on the border of WA and OR, I dig water courses though, if you don't dig water courses then I would skip it.

Peir is pretty sweet, and DEFENITELY play Whistlers, I loved it.

Trojan is on my list of courses to hit. I have the top 15 courses on my list in oregon and plan to play them all. There will just be me and a buddy. I plan on buying my tickets tonight.

Back to Washington, Dalaiwood is worth the trip, if you have 2 days in Washington, it would be ideal... there are quite a few good courses up here.
Seatac, White River are a definite must...
Check out "The Harmon" Brewery downtown Tacoma right across the street from the Glass Museum.
Get the Sampler there.
Have fun!

I might be able to show ya Sky High shoot me a PM around the time you go just remember that would have to be a weekend cause there closed on the weekday unless you have a season pass.

Latest posts