• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle to Socal 6 days, where do I play

I might be able to show ya Sky High shoot me a PM around the time you go just remember that would have to be a weekend cause there closed on the weekday unless you have a season pass.

Are you paying attention... He's from SOCAL. He doesn't need a guide there. He needs a guide in Oregon.
DSCJNKY

Ok, update bought my tickets to Seattle will be arriving on the 6th of October at 9am. Super stoked, I will get a Seattle course list I want to hit and see if you all think its duable. Love the feedback and suggestions. Keep them rolling in.

Lakewood Park then take the ferry to
Daliwood then to
Nad Park.

Two guys, Leave the airport at 10am in rental car. Can I get all three in on a thursday? Local help please.

Daliwood then to
Nad Park.

Two guys, Leave the airport at 10am in rental car. Can I get all three in on a thursday? Local help please.

Yes. Lakewood is only 10 minutes from the airport, and it should only take you a couple of hours or less to play the new layout.
You would want to take the ferry to Bremerton, and play NAD first, its very close to the ferry terminal.
NAD has some walking and may take you a little longer to play than Lakewood.

Head south to Dalaiwood after you finish NAD.
Have you contacted Scott about playing Dalaiwood yet ?

So you're not gonna play Seatac, which is the best course in the state right now ?

North Regional Park in Cottage Grove is another underrated course that gets hardly any attention but this is a very decent course in the middle of nowhere. Whistler's Bend has some great views and is a great course but is slightly overrated though it's still a must play. Riverfront Park in Roseburg I missed when I played down there but I have heard it's a decent option.

Whistlers is not overrated IMO.

Anyone down here will tell you Dexter, and Whistlers Bend are the best we have with Whistlers airing towards the dramatic side. Further south good I5 stops are Tom Pearce in Grants Pass and UOB in Weed, CA, though neither are quite in the same class as the two mentioned above.

For a time crunch I am going to skip Seatac because my friend isnt big arm friendly and I thought it would be easier to hit lakewood park instead based off the distances mentioned. I consider myself a big arm thrower, but I am going the easier route here. I would love to hit all 4, but not likely I believe.

As for Dalaiwood, I will call since it is a private course this week and see if it is playable. If not I will maybe hit Seatac and lakewood then ferry to Nad park. Give me options please. I'm open to here everyones thoughts.

Yes. Lakewood is only 10 minutes from the airport, and it should only take you a couple of hours or less to play the new layout.
You would want to take the ferry to Bremerton, and play NAD first, its very close to the ferry terminal.
NAD has some walking and may take you a little longer to play than Lakewood.

Head south to Dalaiwood after you finish NAD.
Have you contacted Scott about playing Dalaiwood yet ?

So you're not gonna play Seatac, which is the best course in the state right now ?

If not I will maybe hit Seatac and lakewood then ferry to Nad park. .

Thats a great day of golf, I think this is your best option.

I'm not a big arm either, I really have no right throwing Rico's Rampage, but I still play Seatac nearly every week, its just that good.
So your friend struggles through the back nine at Seatac, then you go to Lakewood, which is much easier, and you feel like heros slamming tons of birdies there.

Then you take the ferry, it takes about an hour, you kick back on the upper deck with a beer, then make the quick drive to NAD, which is challenging, but if you play the short tees, its also a birdie monster in the woods. Then you go scarf some good food somewhere and plan Fridays courses. You can score some inexpensive rooms in Bremerton for the night if you want a place to stay, its cheaper than staying in Seattle.
Friday I would blast straight to Portland, it would take you maybe 3-4 hours from Bremerton, then get playin'.

For a time crunch I am going to skip Seatac because my friend isnt big arm friendly and I thought it would be easier to hit lakewood park instead based off the distances mentioned. I consider myself a big arm thrower, but I am going the easier route here. I would love to hit all 4, but not likely I believe.

As for Dalaiwood, I will call since it is a private course this week and see if it is playable. If not I will maybe hit Seatac and lakewood then ferry to Nad park. Give me options please. I'm open to here everyones thoughts.

to bad, seatac is awesome

Daliwood then to
Nad Park.

It might be a little tough just because of possible ferry times. You can knock out Lakewood pretty quick however. As long as you are effiecent with your time (maybe snack on the course) you should have enough time.

How is Dalaiwood, thoughts. Is it worth hitting? Let me know. Once I finish in Seattle I will drive down to lucky Mud DGC and play that at first light. I will stock up on provisions the night before. Then Trojan I think and then into oregon to play Milo M. and timber.

Milo McIver
Timber Park
Bryant Park
Adair Park
Willamette Park
Dexter Park
North Regional Park aka 'The Grove'
Whistler's Bend
Tom Pearce Park

Milo, Timber and Bryant for a long day.
Adair, Willamette, Dexter and North Regional for another long day.
Whistler's twice with a float around the bend, then a long travel to finish the day at Tom Pearce.
I'd gladly guide you at Dexter and North Regional if you need one.
Tons of good breweries all along the way but they'll just cut into your playing time. You can find great packaged beers from many of the local breweries. In Eugene / Springfield I'd recommend Ninkasi Brewing, Hop Valley Brewing and / or The Beer Stein which is a great bottle shop and a good eatery.

nice suggestions, sweet. I will look up all the details for those courses and breweries. thanks

If your going to come down the coast on your trip through Nor-Cal, come visit me here in Humboldt we have some great courses around, most of which arn't listed on here. Send me a PM and we'll talk more.

Dalaiwood is ok. it would be better if Scott Papa plays with you. NAD is way better, so if you expect it to be better, it isn't. It all depends on how much time you have.

Lucky Mudd would be best first thing in the morning like you are planning.

Make sure you hit Peir as well after Trojan.

If your going to come down the coast on your trip through Nor-Cal, come visit me here in Humboldt we have some great courses around, most of which arn't listed on here. Send me a PM and we'll talk more.

This would be a good idea!!!
DSCJNKY

Some may not agree but I think Timber is worth skipping with Milo and Pier both so close. Timber is a nice course but one you can find all over the country. Nothing particularly signature or spectacular while that is what defines pier and Milo.

For a true NW Forrest experience skip the short course at hornings and go to Stub. An all world course for those who prefer playing in the trees.

Here are the course I want to hit in oregon. Did I miss any courses that are a must hit. Let me know because I plan on doing some ironman play and hitting all of these. Ive done disc golf trips plenty of times and should have no problem hitting alot of courses. My skill level is advance am/ pro (I have had a pro rating a few times.)

Leverich Park rating 3.55
Dabney State Park rating 3.84
Timber park rating 3.79
Milo Mclver State Park rating 4.60
Pier Park rating 4.42
Horning Hideout Meadow ridge rating 4.70
Horning Hideout Canyon course rating 4.15
Horning hideout Highland course rating 3.68
L.L. Stub Stewart Park rating 3.64
Jerry Miller DGC rating 3.70
Adair Park rating 3.96
Bryant Park rating 3.71
Willamette Park rating 3.83
Camp Tadmor rating 3.94
Dexter Park DGC rating 4.34
Whistlers Bend rating 4.56
Tom Pearce Park rating 3.73
Frog Creek DGC rating 3.61

I was thinking of playing those in 4 days.

Day 2 Oregon

Leverich Park rating 3.55
Dabney State Park rating 3.84
Timber park rating 3.79
Milo Mclver State Park rating 4.60

Day 3 Oregon

Pier Park rating 4.42
Horning Hideout Meadow ridge rating 4.70
Horning Hideout Canyon course rating 4.15
Horning hideout Highland course rating 3.68
L.L. Stub Stewart Park rating 3.64

Day 4 Oregon