• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secrets about your course.

I run a tournament called The CHAINSAW Classic due to the man that chased the players off the course. The parks department had planned to remove all the damaged property from the course but players protested.

The man threated the judge in court when he was sentenced.

Okay, I'm not sure what year but Warriors Path had to redesign their course because the park built a huge playground. Many of the tee pads from the old layout are still there, and one can be played to one of the new baskets. After you play hole 4 instead of walking down the path to hole 5's tee, walk down the rest of the hill and turn to you're right. You will see an old tee. If the course isn't crowded you can use this tee to throw towards 6's basket for an open, uphill, longer hole. Another local secret is that inthe fall and winter months, on hole 14 if you take 3 or 4 steps to the left of the tee, and then turn to your left you will see a path that goes back into the foliage. You would never know it was there if you weren't looking for it. Walk down this path until it ends and throw from there back down the path and fairway. It takes this hole from being an ace or duece hole to a very hard duece or a pretty hard three hole. Oh, and there isn't an actual tee there it is just were the path ends.:thmbup:

DB, what?!? No mention of the "man party" the police busted in the woods behind the course there a few years back? That's a course secret, no?

Bighorn Ridge in Big Sky, Montana, has a sweet alternate tee on hole number 3.

So I played Widefield today, and as far as "secrets" go, there is a pro tee for 1 that is on the other side of the parking lot from the only marked tee. The 3rd tee for hole 3 is on the side of the hill closest to where the plane crash was. If you are "in the know" then you know not to park at the park parking lot but in a vacant field near hole 6 basket. Also hole "19" is from the picnic table across the baseball field to the practice basket. I don't play with a lot of locals so this is the best I could come up with for Widefield.
I think my review of HP (extinct) showed one of the secrets of playing as a figure 8.. it's now the way it's laid out, but it removes playing the alternate tee for "10" from the top of the cliff.
These are pretty lame considering there are no bodies or cars or gay parties that everyone else seems to have.

I feel lame for these worthless contributions...but 2 local courses at my house have little "local only" known secrets:

One being at Riverside, right after hole 18, if you go up by the road where the yellow fire hydrant is, there is an unmarked "hole 19" where you launch from the dirt pad next to the hydrant, back toward the basket from hole 17. Obviously you don't play this hole if there are a bunch of groups behind you, but on a slower day, you always gotta play hole 19.

Also, Old farm park, Hole 12, if you go back behind the tee around some bushes to the right, you'll come up on an emptied cement sewer run-off type deal, and there is a spot to tee of from there, that we call the pro-tee, (even though its as boot leg as it gets)

Wish I had some better stuff to add. Great thread BroD.

Isn't there an entire 9-hole pole hole course after #18 at Riverside? I haven't played it, but Terry C mentioned that it was the original layout.

Lol how do you get in the woods in less than 127 feet?

depending on the layout I can completely screw up 127' if its a FH hyzer line, did it today trying to get around some bushes and/or trees). of course I can't imagine losing a disc if it's only 127' away. easy birdie became horrible bogey :confused:

At Dretzka, when hole 10 is in the short position if you go up the hill behind 10's basket you have an alternate tee on the top of the hill for hole 11.

Actually you could use the alternate tee any time you want (a good way to get around a slow group after playing 10), however 11's basket is set up specifically for the alternate tee only when 10 is in short position.

There are blood stains on the bench by the #11 Tee at Sugaw Creek in Charlotte. During the 2009 Iron Man the bench was wrapped in "Crime Scene" tape and the blood was fresh.

My favorite bit of local knowledge came from my trip to Charlotte. Apparently, on the infamous hole 14 at Hornet's Nest...the tight hallway hole.....there is a false tree that is concreted into the ground to take away a cheater local lane and force the tighter up the gut option

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=176&p=acfe4cd8

That is actually the second tree "planted" there. The first was not set in concrete and was removed by person(s) unknown after the Carolina Clash that year.
You should have heard one of our local RHFH throwers when he discovered it the day it was put in. "@#&%#@* STAN!" echoed all over the park!

Lol how do you get in the woods in less than 127 feet?

my very first game of disc golf with my very first disc a DX Beast(bad idea) I threw it side arm, it caught a gust of wind and was never seen again.

And a dx roc I threw and it hit one of those tree things and flew off into the woods...gone.

That's pretty common in the South, especially on big farms. Unfortunately, these graveyards are often forgotten or overran by cows. Some have been kept up though.

Leigh Farms has a small little graveyard on its back 9, around hole 15 I think. Leigh Farms is just weird course, you actually have a tobacco barn looking building in play on one hole.

The secret of Leigh Farms is that no one at all ever knows which tee pads play to which baskets regardless of the month, day, or phase of the moon.

At Buckhorn hole 12, there is a local (I found it, and word slowly is spreading) route for an ace run; at a narrow 250ft fairway that doglegs right for 50ft slightly uphill. It involves a high anny that leaves the fairway 100ft from the tee.

Isn't there an entire 9-hole pole hole course after #18 at Riverside? I haven't played it, but Terry C mentioned that it was the original layout.

Yeah it's even listed on here, but I've never even bothered to check it out in the years I've played at Riverside. As far as the original layout, it could very well be true. I don't know if I've ever even seen anyone throwing discs where those holes are supposed to be. :doh:

I'm just not a fan of posts courses.....that's why I don't like Johnson Park, well that and the tall grass that swallows discs up for a good 15 minutes at a time.

Kilbourne Lady

There is a lady who hates discers at Kilbourne who throws sticks and logs on teepads/the course an has been caught trying to bend baskets by prying them with logs.

Also Ive heard rumors of gay orgies in the woods behind one of the baskets.......just a rumor I hope :gross:

Springfield Park, a course in Rowlett, TX is the closest to my house. The secret is that it's really NOT a disc golf course. It's a mosquito infested swamp that's poorly maintained and missing four baskets.

Now... the secret's out!

LTC Cleveland has a 19th hole that plays back to the practice basket...we dubbed it "The Sunday hole" because you can typically only play it on Sundays (and occasional Saturdays) when school isn't in session, as the parking lot becomes a huge hazard off to the right.

Hey, I just remembered that I included the Sunday hole tee in the photos I uploaded here!
592ce7a4.jpg
It's a BIG RHBH anhyzer required to stay out of trouble (that grassy "fairway" is usually waist high all the way until you're back up by the putting area, creek winding throughout, and the aforementioned parking lot)...I rarely play this hole. :|

The A hole is tight, but if you penetrate with a Ram, you can come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Last edited:
Hole #9 at Morley field has a very seldom noticed "pro" tee pad behind the normal one, up almost by the street. I have seen some local semi-pro's use it thinking they were going to show off (because it's a very hard tee shot) and they shanked it in to the tree 5 feet in front of them. Please get some skills before you try to show off:)

Also on hole #17, there is another "pro" tee pad behind the original by like 50 feet and it makes the most wooded hole at Morley play even harder. Using this tee pad, I'd rate this as the hardest hole to play at the course.

Latest posts