• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes - Best bang for your buck?

awesome im excited to hear

So I've only put one round in them so far, but I do have to say that for the price I really enjoy what they offer. I'd say that as long as they have some longevity to them (as much as can be expected for $25) That I'llbe continuing to buy them. The bottoms have a good amount of grip, and the insoles seem to fair pretty well (I put a lot of torque on my front foot. I tore up my UA sneakers in 3 rounds.)
What I bought them for and was most pleased about was the waterproof aspect. I wore them with socks which they are designed to be able to be worn without but I'm weird like that. I stepped in a puddle at least 6 or 7 times through the round and the shoes were completely dry by the end of the round. I bought a size 10 (I'm typically a 10.5w but they were out of my size) and they stretch a bit when you put them on, so if you're in-between sizes i'd say size down so they're snug.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend at least giving them a shot.

So I've only put one round in them so far, but I do have to say that for the price I really enjoy what they offer. I'd say that as long as they have some longevity to them (as much as can be expected for $25) That I'llbe continuing to buy them. The bottoms have a good amount of grip, and the insoles seem to fair pretty well (I put a lot of torque on my front foot. I tore up my UA sneakers in 3 rounds.)
What I bought them for and was most pleased about was the waterproof aspect. I wore them with socks which they are designed to be able to be worn without but I'm weird like that. I stepped in a puddle at least 6 or 7 times through the round and the shoes were completely dry by the end of the round. I bought a size 10 (I'm typically a 10.5w but they were out of my size) and they stretch a bit when you put them on, so if you're in-between sizes i'd say size down so they're snug.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend at least giving them a shot.

any sign of wear on the thread after a round

im hard on my shoes too and rip shoes apart in months

do they have a toe cap or would they withstand up to us nasty toe draggers

any sign of wear on the thread after a round?

i'm hard on my shoes too and rip shoes apart in months.

do they have a toe cap or would they withstand up to us nasty toe draggers?

The shoe is missing the toe cap fabric but has the rubber sole up the toe more unlike some of the Merrill Varpor Gloves made more for trail running and the like.

The shoe is missing the toe cap fabric but has the rubber sole up the toe more unlike some of the Merrill Varpor Gloves made more for trail running and the like.

That's accurate. I wasn't really sure how to put it into words. I went out for some field work yesterday and was specifically working on getting more drive off of my back leg and I noticed the rubber wanting to separate from the mesh above my pinky toe. I'm not upset given the price of the shoe. if I get 3-4 months out of them I'll be content, especially with it being my first experience with something other than a typical sneaker.

update

the adidas terrex ax3 are great for backwoods dg like dirt teepads however they are like mini cleats that i really dislike on concrete teepads

i got a pair on the tsla 32s and a pair of the 40s on the way

32s you can tell are cheaply made the glue is running over in multiple spots and some seams are off but the sole feels great and it feels like a barefoot shoe

i probably wont use the 32s for dg tbh i dont think they would handle my terrible form and torque but i hope the 40s do

If you are looking for a bargain, Costco is selling Adidas Terex AX2R for $29.99. Free shipping.

Aggressive soles, almost like cleats (similar comment to the one above).

update

The adidas terrex ax3 are great for backwoods dg like dirt teepads however they are like mini cleats that i really dislike on concrete teepads.

I got a pair on the Tsla 32's and a pair of the 40's on the way.

32s you can tell are cheaply made the glue is running over in multiple spots and some seams are off but the sole feels great and it feels like a barefoot shoe.

I probably wont use the 32's for dg tbh I don't think they would handle my terrible form and torque but I hope the 40's do.

The 32 Tsla Shoes, the older model Are just from the pictures skinnier then the 40's in the front of the shoe. Another good shoe style I have seen used for disc golf are turf low cut baseball shoes, a left hand pitcher when I was playing in high school would use his turf baseball shoes for disc golf in the 2000's and was lucky he liked the lower cut shoes for baseball. I have seen from others that soccer/futball shoes that were for indoor hardwood Soccer work really well for disc golf as well, some people who were just disc golf players Used an Adidas model of indoor soccer shoe.

added concern about the 32s is they were slick on rocks when wet i only took them hiking and not dg but usually that translates over to wet teepads

still waiting on my 40s in the mail

Go the 40 coming. Never used minimalistic shoes. How do the handle wet grass and wet tee pads

If I can score a deal on these, I'd be all over it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image placeholder title.jpg
    Image placeholder title.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 92
Go the 40 coming. Never used minimalistic shoes. How do the handle wet grass and wet tee pads

my 40s just came in the mail today

40s all day over 32s

32 would be good for hiking or walking when wanted the authentic barefoot feel

40s are heavier duty and grip waaay better however i roamed around in my yard which was wet they dont grip nearly as well as the continental sole on the terrex but better than the 32

i will try dg with these but i dont see them having great long term durability

the price point seems fair for these 40s however you might spend 25 better if you waited for certain brands/styles to get clearanced out

odd comment would be the 32s come with extremely long shoe laces and the 40s have the locking system which also subtlety makes the 40s better in my opinion

my 40s just came in the mail today

40s all day over 32s

32 would be good for hiking or walking when wanted the authentic barefoot feel

40s are heavier duty and grip waaay better however i roamed around in my yard which was wet they dont grip nearly as well as the continental sole on the terrex but better than the 32

i will try dg with these but i dont see them having great long term durability

the price point seems fair for these 40s however you might spend 25 better if you waited for certain brands/styles to get clearanced out

odd comment would be the 32s come with extremely long shoe laces and the 40s have the locking system which also subtlety makes the 40s better in my opinion
My terrex ax2 suck when the tee pads are wet which is every morning at my course down the street. I don't necessarily need goretex but am curious if the continental sole is better on the swift.

My terrex ax2 suck when the tee pads are wet which is every morning at my course down the street. I don't necessarily need goretex but am curious if the continental sole is better on the swift.

is your sole the traxtion or whatever

is your sole the traxtion or whatever

Yep and got the 40s to see how I like minimalist as all I play is parks with concrete tee pads and if I like it I might move to a minimalist with water reisistance as I haven't found one with gtx.

Yep and got the 40s to see how I like minimalist as all I play is parks with concrete tee pads and if I like it I might move to a minimalist with water reisistance as I haven't found one with gtx.

let us know your results

last post about these for a while

i threw around with the 40s

the bottom nubs are starting to tear off already like the continental sole terrex but this is after one round of 18

they were comfy af but i doubt these would handle much abuse

i would rate the 40s ability to grip at about 6/10

i slipped out a few times on concrete pads with some sand/dirt on them

once again i think the tsla make better walking/hiking shoes than dg shoes but the price point is fair

40s are way better all around than 32s