• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes - Best bang for your buck?

Bummer. Not what I wanted to hear.

pics attached

Those are sold by a company called Backcountry. If I were you I'd wear the shoes to a retailer that carries the exact same ones and compare the inside labels. If you got fakes you should be able to tell by comparing the labels and overall construction. The font on the labels will be slightly different, the fakes are never an exact match. That's what I'd do anyway.

YsCqT2s.jpg

VkhFWdw.jpg

EPMrxuE.jpg

pics attached

YsCqT2s.jpg

VkhFWdw.jpg

EPMrxuE.jpg

Thanks for posting these, those aren't anywhere near as bad as I thought they would be based on what you said. That's probably just normal wear, you have to keep in mind that there's a trade-off between traction and durability. Just like in car tires the better the traction the faster they wear.

Thanks for posting these, those aren't anywhere near as bad as I thought they would be based on what you said. That's probably just normal wear, you have to keep in mind that there's a trade-off between traction and durability. Just like in car tires the better the traction the faster they wear.

oh well how it goes i guess

i think my expectations were different than reality

great point on the car tire analogy

oh well how it goes i guess

i think my expectations were different than reality

great point on the car tire analogy

Adidas makes a killing from concrete tee pads in this country. If turf tee pads were the norm our shoes would last 10 times longer. I may start putting a beach towel down on the tee pad before each drive! :rolleyes:

If you have an aversion to thick soles, the Merrill Trailglove 4's are amazing. Great grip, light and easy to clean.

I snagged a pair of adidas caprock for "the house" for $66 shipped and have played 5 rounds in them so far and they are great. They are a little uncomfortable around the eyelets but I think as they wear in that will go away.

anyone got the cheapie winter boot for dg

thinking insulated and waterproof at minimum

If you have an aversion to thick soles, the Merrill Trailglove 4's are amazing. Great grip, light and easy to clean.

On that note, Tesla a brand that makes shoes that are knockoff, have a cheep version of the orginal Trailglove. They last about as long as the original model maybe a tad longer then the original Merrill Trailglove if you get the right size.

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-TF-BK3...eywords=tesla&qid=1581975901&s=apparel&sr=1-1

Also Xero shoes makes several shoes all of them are minimal models and no not all of them are running sandals, they may have started by making those and a single pair of running shoes. Also the brand makes the rubber so well the shoes last 1000-2000 miles, upper is what fails first.

On that note, Tesla a brand that makes shoes that are knockoff, have a cheep version of the orginal Trailglove. They last about as long as the original model maybe a tad longer then the original Merrill Trailglove if you get the right size.

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-TF-BK3...eywords=tesla&qid=1581975901&s=apparel&sr=1-1

Also Xero shoes makes several shoes all of them are minimal models and no not all of them are running sandals, they may have started by making those and a single pair of running shoes. Also the brand makes the rubber so well the shoes last 1000-2000 miles, upper is what fails first.

How's the width on these? Color me interested for the price. I bomb through dg shoes fast

How's the width on these? Color me interested for the price. I bomb through dg shoes fast

I have not used them but I have seen online the shoes in reviews are more inline with Merril Tailgove or Vaporglove type shoe, so skinnier then the average running shoes as that is how the minimal shoes from Merril tend to be.

im really leaning towards pulling the trigger on the tsla

anyone actually tried these for dg or hiking

I have seen people wear them for trail running, ultra marathons well the older model of the two that look like Merrils in 2013 about the time the minimal running shoe thing was at it peak, newer model was not out yet. Saw them when working a station at the Black Hills 100 in 2013, a race that is tough due to having many little hills during the whole race on the Centennial trail in the Black Hills a guy in his 50-60 was running in the shoes and they were holding up fine. Also saw the guy in his upper 80's who did the Fargo Marathon as his 2000th marathon and he had on the older model but a white color of the shoes they used to sell though his were near the end as he shoe goo, because he probably just put way more miles on the shoes then one is supposed to on any pair of shoes. The other trail model that Tesla is selling not the minimal model that looks like some version of Salamon shoe, is not great, I have seen reviews stating the upper is stiff and clunky and the midsole is hard. The road model has mixed reviews, the one that looks like an older model of Nike Free or older Adidas Bounce shoe model.

I have seen people wear them for trail running, ultra marathons well the older model of the two that look like Merrils in 2013 about the time the minimal running shoe thing was at it peak, newer model was not out yet. Saw them when working a station at the Black Hills 100 in 2013, a race that is tough due to having many little hills during the whole race on the Centennial trail in the Black Hills a guy in his 50-60 was running in the shoes and they were holding up fine. Also saw the guy in his upper 80's who did the Fargo Marathon as his 2000th marathon and he had on the older model but a white color of the shoes they used to sell though his were near the end as he shoe goo, because he probably just put way more miles on the shoes then one is supposed to on any pair of shoes. The other trail model that Tesla is selling not the minimal model that looks like some version of Salamon shoe, is not great, I have seen reviews stating the upper is stiff and clunky and the midsole is hard. The road model has mixed reviews, the one that looks like an older model of Nike Free or older Adidas Bounce shoe model.

what about the tsla bk40

Just ordered a pair of the blk40. I'll let you know how they fair. I might be sing them for the random dubs round of a charity tourney I'm playing this weekend.

I'm currently just using UA running shoes sprayed with camp dry, so they'll probably be an upgrade for me.

Just ordered a pair of the blk40. I'll let you know how they fair. I might be sing them for the random dubs round of a charity tourney I'm playing this weekend.

I'm currently just using UA running shoes sprayed with camp dry, so they'll probably be an upgrade for me.

how much did you get them for shipped

i was waiting for better weather to try them out in

please do let us know how they are im hopeful

how much did you get them for shipped

i was waiting for better weather to try them out in

please do let us know how they are im hopeful

I got them for around $25 on amazon the 2 day shipping (1 since I ordered early in the day). There are reports of them both running small and large. I typically wear a 10.5 running shoe...naturally they weren't in stock so I got an 11, so we'll see how the sizing runs. I've got clear weather here in GA for the weekend but it's going to be soggy, so I'll need all the pairs of shoes I can get my hands on

I got them for around $25 on amazon the 2 day shipping (1 since I ordered early in the day). There are reports of them both running small and large. I typically wear a 10.5 running shoe...naturally they weren't in stock so I got an 11, so we'll see how the sizing runs. I've got clear weather here in GA for the weekend but it's going to be soggy, so I'll need all the pairs of shoes I can get my hands on

awesome im excited to hear