• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes - Best bang for your buck?

I got a pair of adidas terrex from Costco.com for $30. I like them so much I ordered two more pairs. I have slightly narrow feet, and they are incredibly comfortable with no break in, great soles for dg.

friendly reminder to everyone that they are the traxion soles not the continental

Ya I figured they won't hold up long. But cheapest way to tryout minimalist shoes.

If you want good minimal shoes that will last a bit but are lower priced try the New Balance minimus Trail not the 00_ last number being the current model as those have a tiny bit of cushion also have road models of both too now that don't last thanks to the upper design, I think that New Balance still makes the model with a number behind them, if not they made the 00/00_ model and merged the orginal Minimums style to the minimal cushioned to cut back on the shoe models having less cussion but not none like the old model.

If you want good minimal shoes that will last a bit but are lower priced try the New Balance minimus Trail not the 00_ last number being the current model as those have a tiny bit of cushion also have road models of both too now that don't last thanks to the upper design, I think that New Balance still makes the model with a number behind them, if not they made the 00/00_ model and merged the orginal Minimums style to the minimal cushioned to cut back on the shoe models having less cussion but not none like the old model.

funny you mention these i have an older pair that have been pushed back into my closet laying around

got the vibram soles i plan on using them as daily bangers but not dg shoes

funny you mention these i have an older pair that have been pushed back into my closet laying around

got the vibram soles i plan on using them as daily bangers but not dg shoes

What Brand of Viberam Soles? Is that the Five Finger shoes sold only on the brands Website and on Amazon or some other shoes that use the Viberam sole?

The Merrell * Glove shoes (Move Glove, Trail Glove, Vapor Glove) all use the Vibram sole. I really like my Merrell Move Glove shoes....I can feel the ground as I walk, but the sole has a 'tread' so I also have grip. My Vibram Five Finger shoes didn't have tread, so I could slip easily when walking on wet ground.

I'm really leaning towards vivobarefoot magna trail fg

I have seen people complain about the some of the shoes for running, the treads used to have odd small pieces of other round rubber nubs glued to the rubber sole that would come off during the first 100 miles of running. Now I think the shoes are better designed, but I would look for reviews on the shoe model before ordering. I think the Company when first on the market, fixed its issues with the trail models, you see lots of runners wearing the shoes now, even a model made for military use, though most still use the minimal Under Armour models.

Tracerocker GTX's are still holding up strong after 6 months of use, and they were dirt cheap for Goretex. I got them for $60.

Only downside for me so far has been that they are significantly grippier on concrete than my old Salomons. This week I got a little bit of knee pain from throwing drives, which hasn't happened to me in a long time. Could be a good or bad thing for someone else.

updates

those tsla 40 minimal shoes needed some shoe goo on the sides and they are fully functioning again for just normal walking/light hiking however some of the heel is starting to wear down but shoe goo is giving them a few moar months of life

the adidas ax3 are legit and the continental sole exceeded my expectations however i still cant get past the nubs/cleats type feel but i do love that for dirt teepads

the tsla 32 barefoots i havent wore at all due to tryin to wear out the other ones

also recently the price increased about $10 on the tsla to $34 shipped so you might as well find a bargain deal on some merrell vibram vaporgloves for $45 shipped

True Linkswear shoes for Disc Golf?

Has anyone use the Truelinkswere golf shoes for disc golff? I just pulled the trigger on a pair of their waterproof shoes and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them positive or negative.

I wear Hoka One One Speedgoats. They are goretex which is really nice on wet mornings. The price is a little high but they are so comfortable and worth it. I have at least 100+ rounds in mine. I have walked over 15 miles in a day in them and have not had any issues.

I wear Hoka One One Speedgoats. They are goretex which is really nice on wet mornings. The price is a little high but they are so comfortable and worth it. I have at least 100+ rounds in mine. I have walked over 15 miles in a day in them and have not had any issues.

so are they really best bang for buck shoe

I just bought a pair of Merrill Nova trail runners for everyday wear as well as disc golf. Paid $112. Some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on. Only have a few rounds in them, but I love them so far. Very grippy tread pattern on the bottom, but it's a hard vibram, so it didn't prevent me from rotating on concrete teepads while still providing ample grip. Off road on mud and slick surfaces these things bit in great. Awesome traction in some very very sketchy conditions. I'll come back with an update in a few months playing after seeing how they are gonna hold up.

I've always been a fan of Vans Sk8 Hi Canvas, the doubled up toe cap prevents early blowouts until the sole wears out for me, I get a solid 6 months 200+ rounds out of em and I like the bit of ankle support they give. For $60-70 I'll keep buying em and the gum sole gives surprising traction on wet mornings and a bit of snow.

Has anyone use the Truelinkswere golf shoes for disc golff? I just pulled the trigger on a pair of their waterproof shoes and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them positive or negative.

That is all i use when i think it will be wet. I found them for golf before i took up disc golf, and i was lucky to get a bunch of the early versions that had more of the wide toe box for like $40 each. Cannot really speak to the newer models, which i understand are maybe not the same high quality as the first few years when they came out, but i only just recently had to replace my first pair after several years of use. I am only a weekend golfer now and don't wear them every round, but i would say i got around 400 rounds out of them until they needed to be replaced.

Maybe the most comfortable shoes of any kind i have ever owned. Great for ball golf, perfect for disc golf.

I wear flat-soled slip-on sneakers, either Vans or LL Bean. $50-$70

They are very comfortable for me and I really like the fact that they don't have chunky treads because it means I can safely pivot out of my drive on a concrete teepad without stressing my knee (still pivoting on my the ball of my foot... old habits die hard.)

The only real drawback is that they are not great for negotiating rugged courses or poor course conditions. Scotchgard helps with protection from water penetration, but the tops are very low so stepping on soggy ground does sometimes lead to wet feet. Courses that require climbing over boulders (not at all uncommon in my area) feel kinda sketchy to navigate sometimes, but after more than a decade it hasn't led to any serious tumbles.