• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes, boots or crocks? did i really just say crocks?

Adidas...
... Gazelles ;)

adidas_gazelle2_sunsh__med.jpg

it must be terribly sad to live in a world where someone's choice of footwear compels you to violence. if you really want to punch me just wait til I beat you by 5 strokes and am a total jackass about it.

Crocs were banned from a Swedish hospital for causing machines to malfunction due to static electricity and escalators seem to grab them too well, almost injuring some people. He doesn't want to hurt you b/c you wear crocs, he wants to potentially save someone's life.;)

I prefer a light trail sneaker, something with decent tread and that weighs very little. I tend to not worry about waterproof shoes, I have found it much easier to just wear water proof socks, the socks last for years, and to dismiss a good pair of golf shoes merely bc they are not water proof seemed to be silly to me. I like to wear a nice wool sock then put the water proof over top. In the winter I will put on a thinner sock on first then the above. I also tend to get at least one pair of my golf shoes a half size bigger so I am not cramming my feet inside my shoes with all the socks I wear when it's raining or it's is cold out. I play in the snow and my feet stay comfortable, the extra room allows me to keep my toes moving and blood circulating which helps keeps me feet warm.

I have I think new balance, but I think I'm going to change company soon. Because the past two I have killed the inner heel of it as in the fabric over the padding and such just dies on me(tears up)

In the hottest part of summer I wear flip flops and just take them off to drive.

Ouch i hope they aren't concrete tees. Though I saw someone doing that on our course with sandles and we have concrete tees.

I wear the adidas Sambas. The soles of it are perfect for the pivot point, and have great grip

0678200023_d.jpg

DiscGolfshoesandbag007.jpg

These are the two pairs of hiking boots that I wear when I play. The pair on the right are "Hi-Tec Light Hiking Boots". These are very comfortable, and breath very well, and keep your feet very cool in the hot days of summer. They are very ventlated and that is the only draw back. They are terriable in muddy or wet conditions. They absorb moistiure very fast, so it has to be hot and dry when you wear these.

The pair on the left are my Hi-Tec Water Proof Light Hiking Boots. These do great in rain, wet, or very mudding conditions. I wear these when the course is going to be muddy, or I expect rain. Both boots are extreamly comfortable. The pair on the right cost $29.99 at Academy Sports And Outdoors. The pair on the left I got at Sports Authority . They retailed for $79.99 and I got them on clearence for $29.99.

They also have a web site with different models to choose from. Either way you go, these boots are fantastic for disc golf. They are not to heavy, but are just tough enough for hiking. Here is the site:

http://www.hi-tec.com/us/2138-category-outdoor-all.html

thought you guys might find them interesting. Disc Golf is basically "light hiking" so these work a little better than sneakers.

That's true but I don't like a lot of tread on my shoes, they're overkill for most of the courses I play and I can't pivot well on them so I tend to stay away from the hiking boots per se.

where you playing? cant take on hahamunga or sylmar in those...

Those two and Chavez Ridge are the only courses I play regularly. The only issues I have with my low top converse slip-ons is that the sole is getting thin were I pivot and the canvas seems to take on alot of dust/dirt. My brother has a pair of Vans black leather slip-ons with waffle soles. I'd hate to just cop his style but both those issues would be solved.

^I might also add that I'm in decent shape and I've never had any problems with arch or ankle support even playing courses that are even more of a hike like DeLaveaga & Black Mouse up in the bay area.

That being said I will be taking my hiking boots next month when I visit the folks in Washington.