• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should top of the basket count?

Should a disc that come to rest on top of the basket count as in?

• Total voters
Can you get a girl pregnant by pasting her belly or legs?

No.

So why the hell do you think you would hole out by spraying the basket with your putter? Get it in or keep trying til you do.

wat do you mean

I mean post how you would write a rule that allows a disc that is suspended 2m or less above the target & "maybe" could fall into the basket to be counted as in? Maybe you need a li'l help, so I'll give you the current rule for you to start with. 803.13B:
Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed.

PDGA Rule X217.1: If the disc lands on top of the basket or like a tree or some **** then if like maybe someone you know or maybe you don't know...who cares lol...comes up and likes maybe shakes the tree and the disc might fall in then it is in and nobody can tell you different.

If like it falls to the ground then you can either put it back in the tree and try again upto like 3 or 4 times, it does't matter and if it doesn't go in after that you get an ace and just move on.

PDGA Rule X217.1: If the disc lands on top of the basket or like a tree or some **** then if like maybe someone you know or maybe you don't know...who cares lol...comes up and likes maybe shakes the tree and the disc might fall in then it is in and nobody can tell you different.

If like it falls to the ground then you can either put it back in the tree and try again upto like 3 or 4 times, it does't matter and if it doesn't go in after that you get an ace and just move on.

Eerily familiar-sounding. bnc, did you write the current edition of the PDGA rules? Don't be shy…

What about the putt that hits the outside of the basket and hangs on the outside supported by two of the vertical metal wires? I have seen this happen just once. Anyone else ever seen that? None of the disc is in the basket and yet it is supported by it. It never actually went in but sounds like it meets the criteria for counting as "in".

What about the putt that hits the outside of the basket and hangs on the outside supported by two of the vertical metal wires? I have seen this happen just once. Anyone else ever seen that? None of the disc is in the basket and yet it is supported by it. It never actually went in but sounds like it meets the criteria for counting as "in".
Vertical metal wires? You mean the chains or is there a cheesy Vegas magician nearby?

Did you mean the basket itself?

IN!!

Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed.

I don't know how I feel about Truputt.:confused:

Why wouldn't you just play with a stick in the ground?

truputt is the fred flintstone's car of disc golf targets. yabba dabba doo!
fred-flintstone-barney-rubble-car.jpg

yes, i know that's actually barney's car ;)

Maybe this has been said previously, but sure it should count whenever ball golf starts giving a hole-in-one for landing on the green on the tee shot.

Maybe this has been said previously, but sure it should count whenever ball golf starts giving a hole-in-one for landing on the green on the tee shot.

If you go back and read the original post this is about why does landing on top not count if other BS shots like being wedged in the basket do. Landing on the green is certainly not the same thing. Perhaps landing your ball on the top the pin/flag would come close as a comparison.

I just can't get over wedges counting and the top not.

they made wedgies good because there could theoretically be doubt over whether it wedged from the inside or the outside on blind holes. imo the basket makers are at fault on wedgies- one more piece of metal and 3-4 more welds and they become a non-issue. i once had jeff keirn wedge 2 putts in one round on me in a pdga event- boy was i pissed.

Latest posts