• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show us your bag mods!

At one point in my Naval patch-sewing career I picked up this needle set with a wide variety of sizes and such. I just grab one of the hefty size needles and use a pair of needle-nose pliers as my "thimble". This is helpful for pulling the needle/thread through as well.

Hand sewing takes a loooooong time.

I forgot one mod to mention. The sides of the frame are roughly square in shape, right? When I had the frame out at one point I took tin snips to the frame and rounded off the outer two corners pretty severely. The frame is now no a PITA to get in and out, but the bag is a little more flexible with the frame installed, leading to easier putter access and discs that get lost inside the bag on the ends.

You gotta see this bag in person, Mark. You'll get a kick out of seeing the mods up close.

yeah, i especially want to see how that rain flap works. i've actually considered removing mine, 'cos it bugs me when i pull it out and it doesn't sit well due to creasing (from being stuffed in the back pocket). and we've gotta schedule some kind of doggy play date for lincoln and kiko, that would be super-cute! :D

Not really a huge mod, but those plastic clips on my Spider Monkey were pissing me off with the relentless squeaking so I've been on the look out for a fix. Tonight I found an old laptop bag that had a nice strap with metal clips that wasn't being used. It worked perfect as is, but I like the longer shoulder pad that came with the SM better, so I busted the cheap plastic clip, slid the pad off, then slipped it over the smaller metal clip on the laptop strap and bam... squeak's all gone. :mrgreen:

IMG_4587.jpg

oh man i am totally doing that too. after like six months of use my spider monkey still squeaks like a mo fo

I was very tempted to do the same thing with some uberschnazzy swivel clips from a laptop bag. If I carried a shoulder strap I would have done it, but with quads you don't have to worry about the strap needing to swivel, so I took all the carabiners and junk off the quad straps and threaded them directly to the D-rings on the bag. Nothing is quieter than the fabric of the strap itself, with no moving squeaking connecting parts.

Steve said:
Thanks guys!

That is the only blue one I have and I think I will keep it. The extra ones are three orange, four red, and one green. They will be available as soon as I build the frames for them.

Any truth to the rumor that you figured out a way to attach a cooler/seat in the top

Built a small 'internal frame' of sorts for my Camo Crunch Box out of paint stirrers and super glue. Fixed the only problems I had with the bag - lack of support on the bottom, and discs rolling around in the compartment.

0501100836-00.jpg

edit: sorry for pic quality, camera phone isn't that good.

Finished the mods with my Fade Crunch bag, this should make it last quite a long time! Sorry for huge pics, resizing wouldn't detect for some reason.

Plasti-Dip lined bottom. I was a little sloppy with it, the tape wouldn't stick very well!
0521100623-01.jpg

"Improved" Paint Stirrer Internal Frame:
0521100624-00.jpg

0521100623-00.jpg

<3 to all you guys who put the feet on your bags. I've got a Texas, and have occasionally thought about how to solve the problem of the wear beneath the frame. Feet are such a simple solution, thanks guys!

Totally plasti dipped the bottom of my bag yesterday and took it out in the rain today. worth every penny of the $5 for the can of plasti dip and super easy to apply.

Frank Delicious said:
Totally plasti dipped the bottom of my bag yesterday and took it out in the rain today. worth every penny of the $5 for the can of plasti dip and super easy to apply.
I just finished putting around 10 coats of plasti dip on the side of one of my DG shoes that has slowly worn away over the last 6 months from my foot dragging on the tee box. Not sure if it'll hold up, but figured it was better to try this than to toss the shoes.

Yehosha said:
I just finished putting around 10 coats of plasti dip on the side of one of my DG shoes that has slowly worn away over the last 6 months from my foot dragging on the tee box. Not sure if it'll hold up, but figured it was better to try this than to toss the shoes.
try this for your shoes

It doesn't entirely count as a bag mod, because she made the bag herself, but my wife stitched a bunch of spair bicycle inner tubes together and then stitched it to the bottom of her home made bag. She said she could do it for mine, looks pretty badass, especially where there are patches and such on the tubes.

victorb, how's your paint stick frame holding up? I won a Crunch Box and it's better than my Revo Mini except for the lack of frame.

Anyone else made a frame for the Crunch Box? I can stick 13 discs in the Crunch Box, so it is the perfect size and I'm thinking of using it for a while if I can get the discs to sit neatly.

Also, anyone use a Crunch Box with the discs facing sideways?

Steve said:
Thanks guys!

That is the only blue one I have and I think I will keep it. The extra ones are three orange, four red, and one green. They will be available as soon as I build the frames for them.
Did the extras ever get made? I'd be interested in getting more info on an orange one.

Frank Delicious said:

the plastidip dries overnight?

uNicedmeMan said:
Frank Delicious said:

the plastidip dries overnight?

Yeah mine did. I put it in a spare room with a couple of fans on it and dried up completely. BTW I've played with it a few times now in the rain and it has kept everything nice and dry. The hardest part of doing my bag was getting the trash bag to stick to the bag and keeping the plastidip from settling in creases and stuff. I had to stuff my bag full of towels and socks and stuff to get some good even coating.

Just in case anyone's curious, the Grizzly Grip has been holding up fine, no cracks or anything like some people were concerned might develop over time.

Finally got my Doggy Disc Golf Bag completed. I think that it is going to work pretty well, holds 10 discs with drink and pencil holder. It is a pretty simple design and stays on well. The discs even stayed in the pockets when the dog rolled on his back. Here are some pics, I'll have to take some more shots when I'm out playing a round.

vIZWwro4_osPzXJec28edKNASJP6oy0WvZNQcW4vx9YlLRcWXnvNozm4oGUsqa0SJhOk_MQs4XbaAwLvsThwfJnSWw=s512

WeTlwvgSCfYBXtuT1yfrf6NHiaQqpFDPH6tebWw_HC6_t5nWOB75Vp4s__VDwwTP2_sEff7RlZfJX-rdbfkQqyGVoQ=s512

Latest posts