• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

He might make more, up to a point. You gotta keep the demand high by keeping supply low.

But is that really a good stratergy?

The only "easy to find" MD4 is the C-line. . .all the other runs is a limited one ( and expensive ones)

Again, you are forgetting salary.

hmm.. yes I am. But do you know for sure he (Jerm) is getting an actual salary from Innova? I just looked at Innova's star team, are all those players getting a base salary now? That would be awesome for the sport.

I was talking strict base salary. Not including disc sales. I am fairly certain I can name 6 players that have at least 100K a year from their sponsor.

I was talking strict base salary. Not including disc sales. I am fairly certain I can name 6 players that have at least 100K a year from their sponsor.

Has the salarys been on this level for a long time or is it "a new thing"?

I guess that Pauls way of "coming out" with what he makes must have made for some interesting negotiations for the other top players.

Guessing....
MPO: Paul, Simon, Eagle, Ricky, ? ? ?
FPO: Paige

What I'm curious of, besides the big 6, is there any other pros getting any form of a base salary at all? I'm guessing on the FPO side it's a big no since several well known players have addressed cash flow problems.

Wasn't that Prodigy's thing when they started? Everyone on the team got a base salary? Wasn't that how they were supposed to change the game?

Wasn't that Prodigy's thing when they started? Everyone on the team got a base salary? Wasn't that how they were supposed to change the game?

Wait...so Prodigy really did change the game!?

giphy.gif

The number I heard of when they created Prodigy was 2k$/month as a base salary. And this number is from a player that received an offer from them, but didn't join them back in the days.

But, that was in 2013. It may be more now, at least for the core members.

Not going to judge a book by its covers... But its funny after all the talk of "how Simon could be soooo good if he took training seriously" and THAT guy comes out with a training video series :)

Not going to judge a book by its covers... But its funny after all the talk of "how Simon could be soooo good if he took training seriously" and THAT guy comes out with a training video series :)

Maybe he was told to do this, or it´s in his contract ?

And just because he makes a training video. . does not mean HE will follow that routine ;)

He seems to have been taking training seriously ever since the injury he had a couple of years back. If you review his vlogs over time his shoulders have clearly developed a lot in that time.
He was clearly struggling a little with the filming of the training video, it's hard to do your workout over a whole day!

In the beginning of the video he said he needed to rewind a couple of months back to when he was in Finland. This led me to believe he has been doing the training for awhile, correct? Has he talked at all about his improvements?

Just saw the latest Simon vlog and have kind of an odd OT question

Does Pros like Simon get a gallery on their practice rounds?
If a player like Simon would turn up on my local course, it would feel awkward but i would try to follow him around

But i never really SEE any gallery follow players around when they practice..

Maybe the 6th is Sepu. He/his family have a huge distribution deal with Prodigy, not sure if that counts as 'salary'.

Maybe the 6th is Sepu. He/his family have a huge distribution deal with Prodigy, not sure if that counts as 'salary'.

That is an interesting idea. I think of Seppo, because of the distribution deal, in the same boat as Will, self sponsored. I had not thought of him as being a possible 1 of the 6.

Guessing....
MPO: Paul, Simon, Eagle, Ricky, ? ? ?
FPO: Paige

What I'm curious of, besides the big 6, is there any other pros getting any form of a base salary at all? I'm guessing on the FPO side it's a big no since several well known players have addressed cash flow problems.

MPO: Paul, Simon, Eagle, Nate Sexton, Ricky
FPO: Paige P

Nate Sexton is still a workhorse for Innova, and by that I mean he brings the brand to different places with his events, he gets paid to be places (told me so during his sexton shootout in Maine. I said after an errant shot "I paid to be here, might as well get my money's worth" he said "I'm paid to be here either way" lol. He also has a 3 year deal with Innova shortly after Paul announced his switch to Discraft.

Cale drives a Tesla. Not sure it indicates he is making 100k a year but I'm sure he's doing fine with prodigy and airborne.

Latest posts