• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Simple bag advantage

My buddy Brian has bum knees and beat Kyle Crabtree with nothing but a 150 Sidewinder and a Blowfly.... Only happened once, but just saying, anything is possible...

Why are you in here if you are annoyed?

What's with people in here dumping on threads they don't like? No one made you click it. If you don't like it stay TFO!

oohh woa i never thought of that perspective before thank you for enlightening me and taking your time out of your day to share that wisdom

<3

What I found is not so much a mold limit as a disc limit, more then 20-21 discs and I am searching for the disc I need more then anything and more then likely I have a mold that overlaps with my another mold in the way I use those discs. I use 9-10 molds with a Star or ESP version of the disc in the bag for inclement wet weather or winds ect other then the Champion/Z mold of same disc, unless The disc is only in a single plastic then just a backup for me at same weight. I have my discs set up for me in the way I play, 2017 and 2018 had the most change ups with discs since I dropped a few molds in 2014 as they were not working for me. A mold is made only in Pro D now so had to get closest disc from Discraft and another is the slightly faster true midrange version of the same disc, the midrange I was using was not working in winds past 7 mph.

I've proven it to my self time and time again; I play better with fewer molds/discs.

My personal best on two local courses was playing with 4 discs in hand, no bag!

I have more fun when I play well and in control.

I do not however have fun playing with some guys who have their fun with full bags because, the group usually spends a lot of time looking for their discs because they don't seem to really know how they fly and they always have some excuse for it's less than intended flight.

Yes.

I played my home course with a Dx Aviar, Dx Roc and Pro Valkyrie and shot about the same as I normally would with a bagful (10ish discs)...

To be quite frank, this thread seems redundant and I think all of what's been said here is covered in a lot of places the OP could have looked. That being said a simple bag set-up is a broad term. In the OP you seem to be discussing minimalism to some degree or another. Minimalist set ups aren't for everyone and help some while confusing others. It seems to be just that simple. Is Doss a 3X world champion because he carries fewer molds? NO! He's a champ because he plays golf well. Is Philo a name we all know because he plays golf with 5 molds? NO! we know Philo's name because for years he has been playing (and slaying) golf courses all over the world. Some people Do well with less and some with more. Your set-up should work for you and that's it. If minimalism s not what we're talking about them a simple set-up is one that you play well with and keeps your decision making easy.

What's funny is I wouldn't consider Doss simple until more recently:

More of a progression towards simplicity. Kinda cool to see actually.

What's funny is I wouldn't consider Doss simple until more recently:

More of a progression towards simplicity. Kinda cool to see actually.

Similar to Philo; before that more recent 5-mold in the bag video, he had quite a few others: BB Aviar, Roadrunner, Leopard, FD, etc.

I think there is a tension between having the perfect disc for a shot and having perfect confidence in what a given disc will do. Everyone will be on a different part of that spectrum, but the tension isn't really resolvable, this makes it an interesting discussion to me. And participating in that discussion is different than reading an old thread.
I think minimization could be more doable if a person has a strong backhand and forehand, assuming you can find discs that will work both ways for you. My forehand is weak, so I find I need more degrees of understable discs for different types of air shots. As well as different options for rollers... but I need to be playing a lot to have confidence in all these discs. If I'm too busy to get much golf in for a stretch I will greatly reduce what I'm throwing in competitive rounds.

Latest posts