• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

small (3-5 disc) bag

eg37167

Par Member
I find myself in the market for a second minimalist bag to carry at most 3-5 discs. This will not be my main bag. I had originally thought of Nutsac but I just cannot stomach spending that kind of coin for a secondary bag. I noticed there is a Ching JamBag. Or I could just get a basic starter bag. Any recommendations? Other creative notions?

Some sort of satchel instead of a true disc golf bag would probably work best for you.

look for little coolers, they work great
any lil bag works, hunting bags work really well, look great

for that many discs theres so many things that would work...
you need a drink holder? you carrying 2 towels, quads, golden retriever, need wheels???
any accessories?

i dont even use this, but
2qchw2f.jpg

has a drink holder on each side, holds 3-10discs (10 is packed)
the pocket in front could be used as a putter pocket...
its like a 10 dolla cooler, found it in the garage

dont even need a shoulder strap for 3 discs... unless you want a purse...

For that amount of discs....

Just use your hands.

Do you want a bag just so that people know that you are a disc golf regular, or do you plan on carrying extra stuff? If you need to carry more items, just wear some cargo pants/shorts and fill the pockets. But if you are going out with that minimal of a selection, I'd assume you really won't be carry too much anyway.

Earlier this week a friend of mine and I used 4 discs each, and we played just like when we first started: no bags or accessories. It wasn't terribly tough to just set the discs on the ground and then pick them up.

When I play with 3-4 discs I just carry them. 3 works better for this since you're always throwing one of them and 2 is nothing to carry. 4 really isn't that big of a deal either. I guy I play with sometimes has a messenger bag that works pretty well. I haven't found any that are the right size but his is perfect for a few discs and a couple bottles of beer even.

I use a tool belt pouch made for drywall screws. It holds four discs perfectly and I made a handle for it. I just carry it around for casual rounds with friends and family. When its snowing I wear it on my belt so I don't have to set it in the snow. It does not move around at all when throwing.

p4010142.jpg

p4010140.jpg

p4010141.jpg

i just bought an innova starter bag for the same purpose it works great. Lightning makes a cheap starter bag as well I got a couple for my kids and it works great for them.

I know you're trying to avoid this...but the Nutsac is, in my opinion, the perfect bag for this purpose. I guess it's pricey...but it will last you forever (it actually gets better with wear...like a Roc). I love my Nutsac.

BIG MACK said:
I know you're trying to avoid this...but the Nutsac is, in my opinion, the perfect bag for this purpose. I guess it's pricey...but it will last you forever (it actually gets better with wear...like a Roc). I love my Nutsac.

Haha I was about to suggest the Nutsac.

I will make ya a leather one for the same price, actually less, than a nutsack. Ask the others on here who have one of my bags, they will truly last forever. And I guarantee that no one else will have one on the course!

PICT0067-1.jpg

I have on that holds 4 discs that is 90% done, I could have it ready by monday. If you are interested PM me!

Yep. no bag needed. It's also fun to give the appearance of a noob on the course then school some folks. I've daydreamed the idea of just meeting someone on the course and seeing if you can use one of their discs for the round.

Nothing creative about it, but I think a regular old backpack works wonders. They're far more comfortable to wear than a single strap you will find on small golf bags and they have additional room for extra stuff such as drinks or just holding a sweatshirt once it starts to get warm. There is also a lot of room for modification if you choose to stylize it better for your purpose. Best of all you probably already have one or can find one for dirt cheap.

Lots of good options here, but I think you would do yourself right by having Peppermack craft you a gem. Could be the only time in your life someone offers to make you such a kick-ass bag to your specs.

Here is the reason I need SOME kind of option-- I will be leaving work stealing 9-12 poles late afternoon. Most of the sport shorts I have don't have pockets and of the ones that do, I get nervous about losing my keys in the woods. Besides, when it gets 90 plus degrees down here I am going to have to hydrate anyway-- I will have to carry more than a couple of discs anyway. It might as well hold some water, my keys and wallet. Otherwise I would not sweat carrying my discs as I originally thought about doing. Thanks, there have been some great ideas here so far...

Water. Keys/wallet/phone. Discs.

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Unisex-Essential-Sackpack-Color/dp/B001Q5P55I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1270254244&sr=8-5

You need this, but not in pink (unless pink is you're thing, I'm not judging.)

What is the cheap Fade bag?

ETA: found it - Fade Lite bag $16: http://fadegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=13

OLD THREAD, i know, but its the only thing that came up in the search regarding the jambag. >>>i just grabbed myself a jambag (got it yesterday) because it was so darn cheap, and im temporarily dropping a bunch of molds - figured i would work out any kinks i have right now. i also bought one of those little ching puches to go with it so i have somewhere for my carkeys/phone as well...cost me less than $15 and im pretty satisfied.

the question is durability (only played 1 round with it)

Latest posts