• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That (Disc cussing's post #3960) sounds like a really good group of guys to learn from. I know OB & Jim (at least: I might know a Steve from Texas too, but possibly not that one! ;):D) & they're really nice & patient. And I wouldn't offend OB if I mentioned you could really tell a lot about what CAN be done with a disc by watching them both, but especially Jim. Partnered with him once at Idlewild and he carded threes on both holes 5 and 10, without any help from my shots. Folks who know Idlewild will definitely tell you, that alone proves he's got skills! :thmbup:

...OB, you play great too. :p

Played Fountain Hills this morning and had a great time, that's a fun course. I was expecting it to be a little boring but it's definitely an interesting course. Some of the pin placements are so close to the water, I totally chickened out on a few of them but still shot well. Only lost one disc to the lake, I went for it a little bit on #16 and skipped a destroyer in. Looking forward to the other Phoenix-area courses!

Played a rinky-dink free 9-hole on the way home from an appointment. Drives were suspect (and short) but putting went well. Just missed a 130' hyzer for Eagle on the final hole. Felt good to be back on the course after such a long and cold winter.

Tied for first place in leagues last night...shot horribly on the first 9, then tore up the back.

Played +3 at Creekside in Archdale, NC http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3322 on my first round yesterday. Played from the long tees on several holes. Was nailing putts and approach shots. The tree magnets that are so active in my discs reversed polarity and avoided trees yesterday. The suckage may return tomorrow, but yesterday was a good day.

After 153 holes in three days, I'm taking today off (maybe).

Not today, but Sunday, shot -4 on Oakland back course...it was a bit windy and I was just happy to break par at all.

I played even par on the West course at Tyler State Park. I had 5 birds and 5 bogeys. I gotta get rid of those stupid bogeys. On a plus note, I threw in a thumber for birdie on hole 31 from the rough on the left handside from about 250' out.

So glad dubs league is back for the summer. Weird night as it was absolutely dead calm for once, so nice not having to account for headwinds, weird crosswinds, etc. Played very well and had a partner who complimented me well. Managed 2 birdies that I've never hit before (both my drive & putt). One was is a reachable one that I've just failed to execute properly...nice to finally get that one right. Another is one that is just out of range. Ended up with an above average drive (for me) and I drilled the 40' putt for 2 on the last hole of the night. What a way to end it. As a bonus - my partner parked (crushed) a drive on a hole that I've never dueced even in dubs. So nice to get 2 birds as a team that I never anticipate picking up. Only 1 hole we regretted - fail upshot & putt to take a 4 on a hole that should be an easy 3 for dubs. Managed to win our division and start the year off well. Thanks partner!

2 rounds at my home course. Finally managed to snag my first bird ever on #4 (thank you teebird - parked). I missed a few longer putts on holes that I've never birdied as well - finally starting to get in range more consistently - now just need to execute both the drive and the putt.

I spent an hour on putting practice. Finally finding my range and hitting the 25' putts regularly. I adjusted my style and it seems to be working well.

A couple locals showed me around Buffalo Ridge in Phoenix today. Now that's what I expected from the desert. Super fun course, I stayed out all morning and threw 45 holes. Didn't keep score but threw well, and beat the crap out of my discs! If I played here all the time I would need a new bag of discs every month.

Bursitis in the throwing wrist is not doing wonders for my consistency. :|

Took out some new discs yesterday.
Vibram Firm Ascent, Trak, VP, and firm Summit.

I had a great time. Expiremented with thumbers using the ascent and threw the firm summit for good anny lines. The summit is a used 172 firm so it has been best in a tad.

I played 2 rounds and finished even with both. I can really see an improvement in my game and I am very proud!

2 rounds, one above average....and another I beat my personal best by 2 strokes. Still left a few out there but continuing to trend upwards with distance, accuracy, and most importantly putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts