• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did pretty well today. It's pretty hot here in md. Held on to par until number 18, then the heat got me and I botched my putt. Could have probably got about a 5 under had I executed on some putts. still overall my drives were accurate for the most part, and I hit my lines well. Lowest score on the farm course yet.

Overall, I played decently today.

The big highlight was deucing a hole at my local course for the first time. I've played the course easily a couple hundred times and have deuced every other hole many times. Today, I got hole 2. It's a 350' hole, open for the first 250', than a few large trees that usually knock down my better drives. Today, I ripped a pro Valk on a slight hyzer flip right up the pipe. It had very little side to side movement, never got high enough for the tree branches to come into play, and settled down about 10' short of the pin. I took my time and focused more than I usually would on such a short putt. Drained it. The rest of the round was meh, but I accomplished a goal I've had for a few years. I've landed at the circles edge before and always missed the putt.

So, very happy with today's round, even though I missed some makeable putts and shanked a couple drives.

91 degrees in near 100% humidity makes for a long outing. I made it 1.5 rounds on my local course before giving up today. I birdied a hole I maybe deuce once every fifty tries, so I at least did something right before shutting it down

Last edited:
yeah today the northeast's air was HOT and SOUPY. just when I thought I'd finally do well at my home course's league day I sweatily sh@t the bed with a sixteen over par.

on a side note today was the annual Porsche owners meet up and they occupied the big lawn (which serves as the fairways for two holes) and I can't believe they didn't let us throw over their cars as a show of trust and solidarity with league disc golfers?!

Played a new course for the first time ever and scraped together a +3. While not the closest course to me, I can definitely see playing it more often as a way to work on my putter and midrange game.

Today was the first day of our PDGA Sanctioned League here in Colorado Springs. Severely disappointing to shoot two over par on a course I helped install and put countless hours of maintenance into. However, the other TD shot the same score. Perhaps there was a curse on us for TDing the league. Unofficially rated 871, so still shot over my rating, as pathetic as that is. Will be under par next week, that's a promise.

Was on fire today, hit my longest drive on the course. About 550, downhill some but it was still probably a 450-475 flat. And had all the shots working. Was on pace for a 1040 but got dehydrated threw up and caught a dnf.

Played my first tournament since Worlds last year in Portland. Played ok and squeaked into the cash. The highlight of the day was parking a 577' par 4 for a "gimme" eagle.

Saturday I threw the longest teeshot I've ever thrown.

BH DX Teebird, on flat ground, no wind, pure hyzer release. Almost touching the pole, 377'.

BY FAR the longest I've thrown BH.

Still putting up average rounds, at least pulling down my overall averages, but wouldn't mind getting a good round at some point. Granted, it was windy today, not quite as windy as in the Antigravity Putt video from SpinTV (played that course), but it blew pretty nicely. One upside I suppose was getting a birdie on #4 on both rounds, first round throwing forehand, second round backhand.

Played a busy weekend started with a round and a half at Rock Ridge Park in Pittsboro, NC with another 27 holes at Middle Creek on the way home on Friday. Played 2 rounds at Rockness Monster on Saturday and finished the weekend with a round at Apex Nature Park and Jones Park on Sunday. It was in the high 90's with crazy humidity all week end. I did not lose a disc but I bet I lost 10 pounds of sweat.

Local State Games on Saturday. Great day for mid July with temps in the high 70's and lower 80's with a nice breeze, practicaly unheard of. Shot decently enough during the first round at Diamond X with a +2 in farily strong winds. Could have been better but with how it was blowing that was pretty decent. 2nd round at the local park course but on a temp layout of the original 18 holes from back in the late 90's early 2000's. That was super fun and just a great experience to play the course I grew up on. I drove well enough to get first but my putting cost me dearly. First round I made about 75% of the circles edge putts. Second round I made 3 of 7, ended up tied for second and lost when that filthy ThrowBot :p parked the first playoff hole and I missed my run from about 70'ish. Oh well, fun day and I hadn't metaled at these games the last 2 years so there's that.

Local State Games on Saturday.

Yup, this. Wound up tied for 2nd place with brentjacobs after 36 holes (which is in accordance with tradition).

For the playoff, got mega lucky and found the RHFH hyzer line on hole 1 at Pioneer Park--haven't played that long pin position all year long!

Played pretty bipolar today. First round, got off to a bad start, just couldn't find myself caring too much about anything, nothing was going right, so ended up 12 shots over my PB at that course, even by our less than lofty standards, epic fail round.

Second round didn't start off much better, was still in a funk of sorts, even the 100-foot anny-flex downhill putt to save par on the second didn't thrill, it was more like "meh, got a par on a birdie hole". Somewhere around hole 10 or 11, was finally getting some shots to go like I planned, getting in two more longer putts and two birdies, finishing off the round with a 20-foot par putt on a par-5, after second and third shots both hit a tree, getting a new PB.

Didn't really keep track today. I was able to get four pars at my local course today though. Lately, I have been keeping track of my score less and focusing more on my technique. I'm really struggling finding a form that I feel most comfortable with, in terms of putting. I can't putt for the life of me.

Played good and had some great drives but a couple of the guys that play in the league got to me.

Just have to keep playing and ignore the small % of jerks.

Played a leisurely round today at Sycamore Creek. Didn't keep score, but I had some good upshots and made some decent putts while my brother was missing all of his. Had some Pickerington chuckers throw on us a couple holes. It never fails.
I'm still on the mend so it will be a while until I can rip a disc.

Met with two friends at Cranbury Park in Norwalk, CT. Par is 56 and SSA is 51-54 depending on conditions. I shot 54, one friend shot 55, the third shot 57. Damn, it was a good day.

Met with two friends at Cranbury Park in Norwalk, CT. Par is 56 and SSA is 51-54 depending on conditions. I shot 54, one friend shot 55, the third shot 57. Damn, it was a good day.

Some day I'll solve cran. I was so close.... One double and 4 bogeys did me in. Nice putting man you hit three 40+ Footers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts