• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores weren't quite as good as yesterday, mostly I'd say my putter wasn't as hot as yesterday, but even more so, upshots left much to be desired for, 15-20 foot longer putts on average than yesterday. On the upside though, weather was pretty much spot on, at least for Finnish autumn, so for the first time, threw three rounds in a row, 54 holes. Slight delays on the final round, but still got all the rounds done in about 3.5 hours. Remains to be seen if muscles will show any soreness due to an extra round, nothing as of yet, could be a different case tomorrow morning.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/21451

Won my second ever event, first in the new intermediate division in Australia. Happy that I also beat a guy (he is a mate!) that stepped up to the division above me for this event, wish I got him head to head though. Nearly beat half the advanced field, but 4/7 got ahead of me.

2 highest round ratings of my dg life as well, 3rd round was a nervous drop off, wasnt playing as well, so played conservative to keep my score ok, no OBs or missed mandos. On top of that, 3 birdies in a round for me, and birdied the same tough island hole all 3 rounds (ended round 1 and started round 2 on it, so birdied it back to back holes).

Played Jamesville Beach today with only four discs in hand (Judge, Verdict, Teebird and Valkyrie) and scored a personal best -1! Maybe not impressive to some but, Two years ago I played this course with a full bag a few times and my best was a +9! Guess I'm getting better.

Finally shot 54 at my local course today! Felt awesome because I left a few strokes on the course, a bad disc choice and a few missed putts from a 50-51.

58 (+4) at Boone woods yesterday. I don't play it a lot. Played the front 9 a second time. Had nice throws on 5 both time with a Leopard Pro. I neglect that disc too much. Remember when I first started playing that course a couple years back how I couldn't reach the basket with a Valk. Parking it with a Leo one step feels good. I also met up with a nice guy there that found one of my lost discs on the course. Thing is I lost that disc at Idlewild. Anyways, nice of him to return it and good karma coming his way.

Last edited:
Played yesterday at my local course by myself. The front 9, I was ON FIRE! I got three pars on the front 9. Almost had my first birdie on hole 6. Was 15 feet out, and I skimmed the chains. I got a par on a hole I never had before. It is a 318 foot hole. Once I got to the back 9, I did atrocious. My drives weren't on point like the front 9. Missing easy putts.

I played a round at my local course with my boyfriend today. 10 strokes over my best. Ugh... Nothing seemed to be on point again today. I got three pars, which was good. Got a lot of double bogeys on holes I normally get bogeys.

I played another quick 11-hole round with my boyfriend last night. We played at our university's course. I didn't do too bad, but could have done better. I think I can par 7/9 holes out there EASY, but I don't have the consistency yet. However, I did get three pars. Got lucky on a few wooded holes, where I would throw my disc, hit a tree, and it would bounce back into the fairway. I'm REALLY starting to notice more of an improvement with my putts, which is awesome to see!

This is more for yesterday, but on my way home from our corp office for training I decided to try a course I have never been to before! Went to Starling Lake in Eden Prairie MN. I was not expecting much being a 9 hole, but was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I think I was a little biased since I hit my 1st Ace of the year on hole 5 (2nd overall ever). First time through was just a walk through since I didn't even know where the basket was (just educated guesses) but kept track the 2nd time through and shot a -3 (thanks to the Ace). But it was very wet the last few holes, so a lot of putts were slipping out and missed quite a few. Longer 9 hole then I am used to, but has a lot of short lefty holes. 4 holes 160-190 and 5 holes 340-390 (I swear they were shorter then marked on this site). Played a 2nd time and only shot a -1 due to the bad conditions, but was still fun. A little to far from me to go more than 1-2 times a year.

Playing in the casual league again at Liberty, I was on my game last night. I've been practicing putting and it shows. I threw a 19, to tie the course record, at our practice course league. I was one 40 footer away from a new course record. :D

Was able to squeeze in 18 at Borderland whites. Started off with a bogey at 5, then parked 6. After a number of par scrambles, I bogeyed 12 on a missed 12 footer. I then made three longer comeback par putts before I hit basket on my drive at 16. It at least left me a drop in two. I birdied 18 but bogeyed 2 to finish even (3 birds, 3 bogeys).

Played three rounds in the rain at Lakewood Hills today, and had a good time at it! I mixed it up and bagged discs that I did not throw this year, the Prodigy 400G D1/D2 combo worked pretty well for me, and I was putting lights out with a DX Rhyno, which is odd because I favor neutral putters. Champion Super Stingray was also awesome, talk about an underrated mold. Had a lot of nice shots with a Z XL as well, I had forgotten how much I liked the mold, I treated it like a beaten TeeBird and it did the job quite nicely. I shot 52 strokes, 52 strokes again, and 53 strokes on the last one. -5 on the day, which is damn good considering the conditions and the fact that I was using molds with little to no familiarity.

Haven't thrown since last Friday :(. Absolutely brutal week of work but was excited to get at least 9 holes in after another 12 hour day in vending. One hour before I get off... Torrential downpour. Still going. Supposed to stop around 2-3 am. I don't care how swampy it is tomorrow: I AM throwing at least 18.

I played a round at my local course with my boyfriend and his friends yesterday. I got five strokes over my best. I was quite content with how I played. I only got two strokes over my boyfriend's friend, which was awesome, considering that he has been playing much longer than I have. My putts are improving with each round. I am starting to get used to my new (used) Axiom Crave, which I absolutely love! Hole 17 at my local course is the longest one there, and I was able to throw my furthest with that disc yesterday. Overall, good day! I wish I was playing today, but I'm stuck at work...

casual round, but blew my previous PR out of the water by 7 strokes, shooting a 1033 rated 50 at North GA Canopy Tours in Lula, GA on Thursday. Course record is 48 set by Will at this years Hotlanta tournament, where he shot 50, 50, 48 to win.
I birdied the first 6 and 8 out of the front 9. Had a straight up cut through on hole 10 to bogey it. All in all, it was an awesome round. Just mainly shot very well off the teepad, and didn't miss any putts inside the circle, except for the cut through.

I played average (for me that is). Shot 5 up on Woodland Greens and 10 up on Blueberry Hill at Highbridge using all par 3's.

Last edited:
-3 Maxwell Park longs in Normal. Still beat down from a long work week and a nasty cold, just had no distance today. Threw a lot of midrange placement shots today. Putted meh and my jumper certainly wasn't on. Oh well, I was out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts