• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way to the airport, played a hurried round at Zobel Park in Green Lake, WI. Beautiful course, and I look forward to playing it properly next time we are out that way.

Played a B-Tier at Zephyr Cove, NV in Tahoe this weekend. First 2 rounds I shot around my rating(880), but we had heavy winds and rain. I made some bad upshots and struggled out of the tee box a few times but everyone else struggled in my division and I ended up last place on the chase card for Sunday. The weather was amazing for the final round. I started off steady, turned the music on and played my best round ever to place last cash and shoot a 948 rated round. Not bad for an old fart, rec player in MM1.
No fairway aces from 180' out, no real park job birdies, and only one tap-in par (lay-up 30 footer on a downhill death putt). Just a bunch of average drives and upshots with real solid putting. I think I ran out 9 pars in a row. 4 bogeys, 1 bird for a 59. Par was 56 for the last round.
Tough course ~ great day at the lake!

3 rounds at Vollrath. -5, -4, and -6. Was hitting LOTS of putts in the bookend rounds, but the drives are still a bit inconsistent. Loving the RFF Wizard, though.

Played the Iron Horse open @ France Park yesterday. Shot decent for me 77/72. (+5). Finished 5th in Rec. I should be 2nd place in the Indiana Fall Series. I was pleased with how id did in the woods since i'm not a friend of the trees.

Can't play anymore. Not really sure what's up. Been taking time off to get away a bit. Can't wait for the winter break. As much as I like playing, i get WAY to into it sometimes and it screws me up. Now is one of those times. I can't drive, can't approach, can't putt. Lost massive amounts of distance. So basically pretty psyched for my tournament Sunday :)

Played Highland Hills. KY yesterday, and annied my drive on #2 about 65' past the basket and into the gravel lot. Casual round, so I shot from there and floated right into the chains, settled in the bottom of the basket, and the breeze pushed it out through the missing bottom ring. I marked it as a deuce anyway.:p

I played Idlewild yesterday. Got a 4 on hole 6 then aced hole #7. Holes 8, 9 and 10 suffered because of those two holes, I was a bit pumped about getting the 4 and then the ace! :)

I played Idlewild yesterday. Got a 4 on hole 6 then aced hole #7. Holes 8, 9 and 10 suffered because of those two holes, I was a bit pumped about getting the 4 and then the ace! :)

VERRRRY impressive! I'm not sure whether most folks know how tough a four on hole 6 really is. And then the ace!? Nice shooting!!:clap:

VERRRRY impressive! I'm not sure whether most folks know how tough a four on hole 6 really is. And then the ace!? Nice shooting!!:clap:

Thanks! I'm still smiling about it all!
I thought the 4 was going to be the highlight of that round!

Played doubles at Germantown (Twin Creek) with a buddy on the black course. Shot -17 through 27, which beats my best in a doubles round by about 3 strokes. Our only bogey was on the longest hole, and it's only 444 ft, but very technical. If we can even stay in that ballpark, we'll play advanced in this years Black Saturday tournament. I'm a lifetime rec player, so that score was very encouraging even though he has the big arm in the group. Gonna get back out today and see if we can match it.

Bradford Park trying out a new Star Roadrunner which turns more than I expected. Left my Anode home in the practice basket and so putted with a Dart, which really wasn't bad -- a little fast for me to putt with but better than I expected. I was trying to map the course with the new UDisc mapping feature and my friends were rushing me so I wasn't loving my game. Oh, also threw the Pearl I got for my daughter and I have to say, there's a place in my bag for something that understable and glidey. Really came in handy.

Yesterday evening the wife and I played Safari Golf at Joseph Davis SP, Lewiston, NY until it got dark. 1, 15, 16, 17, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. It was pretty crowded and The Dizzle is perfect for jumping around to avoid the crowd. We were out for the exercise as much as the golf, speed walking between shots and holes. Had we followed the normal sequence we never would have done 21 out of 27. Never waited, never had anyone behind us. Shot +4, not bad, not great either. Took a 6 on #4. :gross: Missed the mando, barely. Then shot into the thickest of the rough and took an unplayable lie. Missed the putt. :(

All in all it was a great evening. I'm loving the Crank more and more every time I use it. And in part due to the speed of play, I lost another 2 pounds!

Last edited:
Played Scarboro Hills for the first time. Nice course, although I wish there were fewer open holes. I finished by deucing #18 (OK on my second try), a tricky left-to-right tunnel shot.

Had a +11 last night at SFDGC (best round every), which included 2 birdies on holes I had never birdied before. Very satisfying. The drive & the putting are both improving almost daily.

Good news - a lot of birdies this morning. bad news - a lot of bogeys too which cancelled out my birdies. one day it will all come together. :wall:

Well, if I could get my putting game fixed, I think I could be playing OK. That and the fact that it seems I find myself holding back on my drives off the tee. I was with my partner and he should be watching my disc so why do I lighten up on my drives? First hole, threw my drive and didn't clear the water hazard by 20 feet. Had I put all my power, it would of cleared no problem.
We played Acorn Park in Roseville, MN. Very old course, hard to find your way around and it has quite a lot of very technical holes. Sure was glad to have a guy behind us that we asked to join. He was very familiar with the course so he could help out on where to throw. All in all had a great time.

6 down through 10 holes... and had a 6 throw lead on my closest competitor in league. Then proceeded to stick my head up my behind. Made dumb back-to-back bogeys on easy birdie holes... had a very bad birdie attempt hit the cage and roll away 60 feet. Meanwhile, my competition is -5 now and I'm -3. Birdie 17 to get within 1 toss, then we both double-bogey the final hole when all I needed was bogey to tie...

Glad to get that out of my system before 4 States Open in Joplin, MO this weekend. 6 down was fun while is lasted. Must learn to finish the deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts