• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit chains yesterday with the Ghost, but it didn't stick :c

You don't need to hear about the rest of the round.

Last edited:
Gflap stopped by to check out Knobley Mt. DGC. As always, had a really good time and he motivated me to play well. He was the first person that I ever met in real life after being introduced on the internet, thanks to DGCR!

While he was here:

I threw a 23 from the Red tees, which is 1.8 throws better than my average.

I threw a 24 from the Orange tees, which is 3.5 throws better than my average... and tied the course record!

After he left:

I threw a 27 from the Green tees, which is just a hair better than my average.

I threw a 28 from the white tees, which is 2.5 throws better than my average.

So I'd say that it was a really great day of disc golf for Jimb! :thmbup:

Played two solo rounds at that suck course a.k.a. Lake Township. I only play there because it's close and I sorta hate the course enough that I want to beat the crap out of it. So the first round I tied my best score ever there then the next round I beat that score by 2 throws.

The odd part was in the first round I had a putt land on TOP of the basket - on two different occasions. I've been playing off and on since about 2004 and have only ever had that happen ONCE before and now it happens twice in one round. :confused: Not sure if that is a sign or anything.

Played two solo rounds at that suck course a.k.a. Lake Township. I only play there because it's close and I sorta hate the course enough that I want to beat the crap out of it. So the first round I tied my best score ever there then the next round I beat that score by 2 throws.

The odd part was in the first round I had a putt land on TOP of the basket - on two different occasions. I've been playing off and on since about 2004 and have only ever had that happen ONCE before and now it happens twice in one round. :confused: Not sure if that is a sign or anything.

And to add to that this was some of the worst conditions I have ever played in today. Strong winds with gusts to 30mph all the way down to dead calm. Interspersed with light to heavy rain and even about 30 seconds of pea sized hail and I still play my best round ever there...WTF

Played like crap today...couldn't seem to get anything strung together.

Silver Creek and Lower Cato tomorrow, though.

Played Hidden Lake in St. Augusta MN today. Set a new personal best. After having a disaster of a time at the course in Becker MN last weekend I really sort of needed a positive day.

Had a fun time playing doubles for nine holes. Missed a lot of what I'd like to consider 'give me' putts. Broke up the doubles round when we picked up a fifth. 'Les' is his name, he has a Z Nuke, a beer, and one helluva side arm. He was damn near parking every hole, whereupon he would proceed to putt with his Nuke upside down and backhand, making everything within the circle, all the while holding that beer. But man O' man! does he have a huge side arm. His form was so that it was as if, if one simply replaced the disc with a baseball bat, and you got some unlucky sot to throw him a pitch you'd be witnessing a line drive home run every time. Les, the king of the chuckers.

And to add to that this was some of the worst conditions I have ever played in today. Strong winds with gusts to 30mph all the way down to dead calm. Interspersed with light to heavy rain and even about 30 seconds of pea sized hail and I still play my best round ever there...WTF

I think adverse conditions might help me focus, I too scored my best round on a laughably windy day. I have a theory that to be at our best, or "in the zone" there has to be a detachment of the outcome, and just maybe playing in foul weather gives us an excuse to throw 'care to the wind' and play looser. Or maybe it helps us attain some sort of hyper focus. It's a mystery.

Took first place in Rec at the Zip Line Open in Lula, Georgia, for my first tournament win. There were only 3 of us in Rec, though. At 47, I was the youngster on the card. Played solid, but not great (even par first round, 4 over second). Did manage to birdie the "chicken shack" hole the first round.

I think adverse conditions might help me focus, I too scored my best round on a laughably windy day. I have a theory that to be at our best, or "in the zone" there has to be a detachment of the outcome, and just maybe playing in foul weather gives us an excuse to throw 'care to the wind' and play looser. Or maybe it helps us attain some sort of hyper focus. It's a mystery.

Yep...I think you are on to something. :thmbup:

At times I felt like this guy:

Except I'm not 80 and there was no lightning and it wasn't raining THAT hard. :D

Bought two new putters today, so I played a round with just those two putters, using one as an approach and the other to drive and putt with, and I was surprised at how well I did. I threw one of the putters 231ft, which is a new best for me.

Had a nice, loose round with some friends today. Four of us out on a dreary, semi soggy Wisconsin day, and I shot OK.

My drive form came back around hole 11.

Two rounds at Silver Creek. First round started with frost on the ground, second ended with wet feet. -1 and -3...had good runs, and had heinous runs. Really trying to drive with putters a lot more, and it's helping...just have to dial it in.

On the good side, ripped one about 415-425 off the sledding hill. That's always fun.

Played my first tourney ever today! It was with the Kanawha Valley Disc Golf Club in Charleston, WV. Played 9 at Little Creek and 18 at Redeemer. Got 8th place out of 16 people so I'm pretty happy. My only goal was not to get last (low bar I know haha) so I can't really complain being smack dab in the middle.

Little Creek: 30 (+3)
Redeemer: 59 (+4)
Total: 89 (+7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts